Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewhatinsamhell
Stranger
pregnancy and drugs
    #5316976 - 02/19/06 04:14 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

my gf is pregnant and she's paranoid that weed and mushrooms will have adverse effects on the baby. ive already met a ton of kids born of 60's parents who took tons of drugs during the pregnancy and the kids turned out awesome, so i just wanna hear some experiences on here. she's smoked only about 6 times in the five months she's been pregnant and ate 1/16th ounce of mushrooms. imho she's freaking for no reason and such low levels of any substance arent a problem---but she's hormonal and crazy and worries about it and i want her to have some reassurance from people on here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: pregnancy and drugs [Re: whatinsamhell]
    #5316982 - 02/19/06 04:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

if you ingest mush, wouldnt that trip your baby?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5316986 - 02/19/06 04:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

my advice is to lay of the drugs... thats your child. are you really gonna take a chance?

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #5316997 - 02/19/06 04:19 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

umm from everything i've come across mushrooms will do no harm to the baby, pot i'm not sure of.
the action of smoking its self is not healthy, so i'd suggest her kicking pot untill shes done. and mushrooms just to be on the safe side.
but i've never read of shrooms doing any harm. erowid has some good info on this topic :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Offlinewhatinsamhell
Stranger
Re: pregnancy and drugs [Re: soylent_green]
    #5317009 - 02/19/06 04:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

my friend took shrooms with her 6 year old and she tripped and he didnt---he was completely normal (which correlates to my experience, that shrooms bring me back to a childlike state of absolute wonder and allow me to ignore the 'wisdom' of society while seeing the world).

presumably the baby would also trip....and also get high off weed, BUT his lungs would not be affected by the smoke, cuz she absorbs THC into her bloodstream and passes it directly onto him (thus smoking is only harmful to the lungs).

i really wanna hear from people who's parents did drugs while pregnant and who've had no physical problems despite the drugs-are-bad propaganda. (or people who's parents did drugs and have been born with birth defects).

Offlinewhatinsamhell
Stranger
    #5317017 - 02/19/06 04:26 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ps---my gf is really unable to function in the world---weed calms her down into a practically enlightened state of complete enjoyment of life, otherwise she's a neurotic mess. i know, its a crutch, but i'd rather see her be enjoying herself than freaking out every day and getting stuck in nightmarish thought circles about the future and worry and the horrors of life. ive met people who's parents did drugs while pregnant--tons of travellers i met with that story, but she wants to hear some firsthand accounts.

OfflineeVil_
StrangelyFamiliar
 User Gallery

Loc: Iowa
    #5317035 - 02/19/06 04:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

wouldn't it be wise to also hear from people who had parents who used drugs while pregnant and did have problems?

i think you're trying to fnd a way to justify this drug use. imho, drug use while pregnant is highly irresponsible, think about the baby. why even take the slightest chance in harming something so innocent and bringing it into this world already at a disadvantage because you wouldn't stop the drugs for 9 months?

--------------------
It's great to be here. I thank you. Ah, I've been on the road doing comedy for ten years now, so bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this shit one more time. - Bill Hicks

<Guest> has anyone ever heard of sprinklen a freshcow pattie w dust and hangin it from a tree in cheese cloth and watering it?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #5317041 - 02/19/06 04:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ive known 2 women who ate shrooms while pregnant.
BOTH miscarried the following morning.
they tripped for the night, threw up in the morning, and by mid-day they were getting scraped out by doctors.

I see no reason to beleive this is a coincidence.

as for weed. i cannot say for certain.

but if you cant abstain for the gestational period, then you DEFINATELY cant handle parenthood, and you should get an abortion immediately. No child should have to be born to such a selfish mother.

that whole "horrors of life" thing. garbage.
its called unaccountability. blame the world for your inability to handle living.
if you need weed to handle it, what makes you think you deserve children? Having children is for responsible grown-ups. not neurotic, drug-dependant child-people.

think about it, shes dependant on pot, shes unable to go on withought it.
How the hell does she think she can be responsible for a wholly dependant human life when she cant even handle her own shit??

you shouldnt even be ASKING this, it SHOULD be obvious.

Pot during pregnancy is bad enough, but irresponsable people being parents, thats the worst thing in society today. All youre concerned about is if its ok to smoke pot? Do you have any plans? are you just going to pop out a baby and hope evrything pans out?

thats terribly sad, i pitty the baby for the sad-ass future youre giving it.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5317044 - 02/19/06 04:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

whatinsamhell said:
ps---my gf is really unable to function in the world---weed calms her down into a practically enlightened state of complete enjoyment of life, otherwise she's a neurotic mess.

Wow, and she's going to have a baby??

Hmmm.....

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineEarthDroid
Old Crank(Veteran)

Re: pregnancy and drugs [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5317052 - 02/19/06 04:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ya, my thought exactly.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #5317059 - 02/19/06 04:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

whatinsamhell said:
she's hormonal and crazy and worries about it and i want her to have some reassurance from people on here.

I can reassure her that being hormonal and crazy is normal for women even when
they arent pregnant, she does need to lay off the drugs until after she's
had
the baby, longer if she's breast feeding

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #5317060 - 02/19/06 04:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

last 2 posts-- sum it up.

i was gonna come out and say "if you cant back off the drugs, booze, and pot during pregnancy, get an abortion"

but i felt that would be radical for a serious question- even in OTD(i realize this is the pub)

but honestly i feel that wouild be best. back the fuck off drugs while you/ur gf is preggo. and if she doses/smokes because of your influence, for fucks sake dont dose/smoke around her or dont do it at all.

its not just your sanity and health on the line bucko, its your kids too. stay clean for the duration and put it up for adoption. IMO if u cant handle not doing shit while in the cycle, u cant handle parenthood.

i remember when my mom was preggo with my sister, she quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey. she had a fucking shitfit when she realized she took some tylenol and didn't know how it would affect my lil sister.

being blunt here, fuck yourself. put your kid in the front seat.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #5317063 - 02/19/06 04:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:badidea:  ... If she does decide to stay clean, {alcohol and tobacco also},you should also to show your support for the health of your future child. If it is your child... :grin:... :2cents:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#5317084 - 02/19/06 04:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

McKennaDMT said:
Wow, and she's going to have a baby??

Hmmm.....

look around the dredges of low-society
does it really surprise you that people could be so irresponsable? look at the low expectations, to subsanitary living-conditions, the narrow gap between sibling ages (which really gets me)
criminals flow most richly from a spring of poverty.
you think a poorly-adjusted parent is going to magically squat out a useful human being?
you cant blame them for being born. but the second they breed, oh ho, ready my contempt.

Offlinehorha
trout
Male User Gallery

#5317087 - 02/19/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

thats fucked up when you put your baby at risk like that what kind of stupid fucking people are you. your talking about a baby man they are extreamly sensitive to what the mom is eating or takeing. are you going to give the baby shrooms when its born. i dont care if it doesnt do shit to the baby the fact that you didnt know and did it any ways is a stupid fucking asshole type of thing to do i hope that the kid isnt hurt. grow up asshole

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: pregnancy and drugs [Re: horha]
    #5317104 - 02/19/06 05:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Actually I think the both of you just need to get a little dignity.
I think you should have your baby. But I also think you should be grown ups from now on.
You, the father, you better be working full time, and saving. You can't afford pot anymore.
You need an apartment with at least 2 bedrooms.
you need alot of supplies.
You know newborns need to be fed EVRY two hours?
You ready for that?
you ready for the medical bills? you need to work somehwere with benifits. Most places dont offer medical for 3-6 months. FORGET minimum wage, you can't afford it.
you need to find a wreched call-center or something.
if you cant get benefits, you better start paying into med insurance NOW.

if you do it right, you might still have time to party maybe once a month, thats not too bad.

Like really, whats your idea of fatherhood?

If your asking about pot during pregnancy, youre asking the Special-ed questions when you should be at least High-school graduate level.

That said, get a councellor, go to parenting classes and immidiately start working full-time with benefits. If you cant get the job, go through other channels. its your baby, and youre running out of time here in drug-land.

Offlinehorha
trout
Male User Gallery

Re: pregnancy and drugs [Re: Mitchnast]
    #5317115 - 02/19/06 05:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Mitchnast

i think your totaly right. ther is no turning back you need to grow up and do the right things for now on

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5317117 - 02/19/06 05:11 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblegiz
daydreamer
Male

Loc: EU
    #5317120 - 02/19/06 05:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

its real simple, don't try to convince your girlfriend to do things she doesn't want to, especially when pregnant., its her choice and by not doing any drugs she have made a correct choice in my opinion.

becoming a father , for me, beats any drugs any day, and is so much more important than drugs.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: pregnancy and drugs [Re: giz]
    #5317132 - 02/19/06 05:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

While I'm unsure of the effects of mushrooms on an unborn baby, and what harm it could lead them to later in life. My primary concern of doing mushrooms while pregnant, is the chance of miscarriage.

Really, if you cant lay off of the drugs for 9 months, then you have no business raising a child. While I wont go as extreme as say get an abortion, if you really don?t think you can put the drugs on hold for ATLEAST 9 months, then how do you think you will raise a child?

If the baby does make it through to birth (which I hope it does), how are you going to handle cleaning / feeding / changing the baby if you are high or tripping?

While right now, you may be #1 in your life - and that's all fine and well, but once you have a child, that child becomes #1 in your life, and ensuring it has a healthy, happy and safe home to grow up in. You fall from #1 on the list to #10 on the list, with options 1-9 all being based around raising a happy, healthy child.

If you are not ready for this kind of commitment, then you are not ready for a child.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies