Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Air Purifiers [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5314703 - 02/18/06 09:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

retail sucks on these things for sure.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Air Purifiers [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5314738 - 02/18/06 09:44 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
ahh I don't do ebay, I was talking new.

PRODUCTS FOR AIR FILTRATION

:grin:

Don't buy a USED hepa filter, for a flow-hood.

They are sort of like a used condom. :sad:

Hepa's filters I have bought off eBay were NEW.

--------------------

OfflinepipeDream
Moooo

Re: Air Purifiers [Re: agar]
    #5314773 - 02/18/06 09:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

So you just buy a hepa fan unit and then buy a replacement hepa filter, all off ebay and your good to go? I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to build one of these flow hoods. I would be very interested in seeing some designs or blueprints for one of these such as what agar has posted there.

Im confused agar that parts list is for the one you built (the drawing) or the ebay one (the picture) or are the 2 the same. Little confused by your posts.

--------------------
What is wrong with our culture is that it offers us an inaccurate conception of the self. It depicts the personal self as existing in competition with and in opposition to nature. We fail to realise that if we destroy our environment, we are destroying what is in fact our larger self. (Freya Matthew)

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#5314780 - 02/18/06 09:59 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

cant the filters be replaced? on those units. The unit it self is worth 200$ at least. I see tons of filters there that look like there the right type to be used with those units. New from old stock hepas are commen site on ebay. This is becouse companys usely buy bulk and the will go out of buiness/move/upgrade and the filters and units go on ebay.

you can also buy one of these filters nuclear grade btw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-24-X-24-X-12-Hep...1QQcmdZViewItem

and one of these that match the filters specs some one can help you calculate that I forgot how.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICOTRA-Fan-Blower-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

and build a box that these fit in you will also need just a furnacne filter for a prefilter

--------------------

See?
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Air Purifiers [Re: pipeDream]
    #5314937 - 02/18/06 10:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, the filter can be replaced on my flow-hood.

This is the TOP of the unit.

This is the space underneath the unit 1st above (after construction).

All you can see is the bottom of the filter in the fan housing & the paneling skin around the legs, which are attached to the fan unit.

--------------------

OfflinepipeDream
Moooo

#5316921 - 02/19/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well now that we have clarified what our best option (and might I say most costly is), what are some walmart special air purifiers that you guys might recomend. I see some have ion generators too, dont exactly know what that does. I suspect that these still gotta work 95-99% since they are still an "air purifier", dont know if anyone can tell us about some experiences they had with some of them.

--------------------
What is wrong with our culture is that it offers us an inaccurate conception of the self. It depicts the personal self as existing in competition with and in opposition to nature. We fail to realise that if we destroy our environment, we are destroying what is in fact our larger self. (Freya Matthew)

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Air Purifiers [Re: pipeDream]
    #5316956 - 02/19/06 04:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

do a search for user name agar and ion heater. you can find these things on ebay for like 20-40$ and he said that they work and well if he said it then it is true.

--------------------

See?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds