Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
LC and Tyvek question.
    #5313328 - 02/18/06 12:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Here I have the LC jar I'm trying to get straight. I've used 725ml of H20 to 30g of Organic Clover Honey. My first question is once it comes time to suck up myc with a syringe, how do you get to the myc at the bottom, my needles aren't 5 inches long, what have I been missing?

Second, The tyvek you see is 100 percent Tyvek (it has the Tyvek name and "Protect What's Inside" on the corner) and yet, when the lid is on tight, and i turn the jar over, drops of water come through it and out the hole where polyfill will go. Isn't Tyvek supposed to be impermeable to H2O?

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNumberThree
Jedi Drifter
Male

Re: LC and Tyvek question. [Re: Solidcell]
    #5313347 - 02/18/06 12:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't had the chance to make a LC yet, and teh obvious would be to tip it, but that would only work so much.

Next I might suggest emptying into another container (thoroughly sterilized!) but this would open it up to contaminants. (I fully realize I'm going to be scolded for such a suggestion haha)

--------------------
Watch the weather change...

OfflineJustK
Male

Loc: You can't get there!
Re: LC and Tyvek question. [Re: NumberThree]
    #5313364 - 02/18/06 01:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You can get longer needles and replace the ones that are on your current needles. They should screw off.

OR

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5242253

--------------------
Dont get caught dancing.

It's just, K.

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
Re: LC and Tyvek question. [Re: JustK]
    #5313374 - 02/18/06 01:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Getting tyvek wet = wicking in contams = bad :smile:
You need to find a better method :smile:  Why not just 2 holes in the lid on opposite sides,  one covered with silicone, and the other with micro pore tape.  That would be the easiest solution.

Or perhaps, just leave it be and when you are going to transfer to syringes, just put it in a glovebox and take off the lid.  That way you can do what ya need to do.

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: LC and Tyvek question. [Re: Jaeger]
    #5313387 - 02/18/06 01:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It seems like there should be some easy, standard way to do it. And still, what's up with the Tyvek not really being impermeable to H2O as everyone says. What's stopping if from letting incubating jars from drying out?

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5313689 - 02/18/06 03:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Tyvek or most filters don't protect against drying out.

The size of the holes is important for determining moister loss.

And the holes don't need to be bigger then say 1/4, larger holes only help to dry the jar out.

The way you have the tyvek looks like it will have problems.

Large LC can have problems for the spores to germinate, unless its a LC transfer.

:grin:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinemogur
regnartS

Loc: Puget Sound
Re: LC and Tyvek question. [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5313903 - 02/18/06 04:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Tyvek is not water-tight, it will allow water to pass if there is any pressure. It sheds liquids that are gently splashed on it, but if you turn the jar upside down, or shake vigorously, then there is enough pressure to force the liquid through. Moisture loss is not much of a problem with LC, since only the water will evaporate and the solution/suspension will get more concentrated.

Regardless of the type of lid you use, you must tilt the jar to get at the LC when you extract some for inoculation. The fuzzy mycelium will be evenly distributed throughout the liquid once you agitate it properly, so you don't need a foot long needle to get to the bottom of the jar.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #5313926 - 02/18/06 04:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Twin tubing filters

1 opposing the other on a lid
(so you can TIP the jar - without getting a filter WET)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag