Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #5306750 - 02/16/06 12:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Good call kilgore  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5307038 - 02/16/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Also in the tapes he warns America of the terrorist attacks. Why isn't that the headline, hmmm?

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
SHHHHH!

Dont say anything. It was wrong for the USA to take out Saddam. He was a good natured fellow, wanting the best for humanity......

Oh shut the )#(* up nobody thinks that, everyone knows that Saddam is no better a leader than Bush. Not that there were plenty of worse leaders to take out, Iraq was just the perfect target if you add it all up.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5307247 - 02/16/06 02:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey
beatnicknick:

You could not tell, I was in jest?

And by the way, coming from someone who fought in the war, YOU SHUT THE @%$#$ UP!

Comparing Saddam and Bush as the same....give me your sources.
Let me guess, Bush is like Hitler too....

Kilgore Stated:

you're right, he didn't use them all on the kurds. or even the the kurds and iranians

Ok here is my source

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/rls/18714.htm

Yours?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5307692 - 02/16/06 04:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you dont have to provide a source that it happened; we all know it. i've researched it rather well. however, that source does not say anything about the weapons not being exhausted on the Kurds. but i agreed with you; they were not exhausted on the kurds. They were not even exhausted against kurds in iraq and iran and against Iran combined. I would not ask for a source saying that they were not all exhausted because it is common sense and a matter of public record that they were not.

i really dont get what you are going for here. are we having a misunderstanding here, or what?

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #5307701 - 02/16/06 04:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

oh and your source does not include info on the people that were attacked while escaping. just to let everyone know that the info is pretty accurate but a little incomplete.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #5307745 - 02/16/06 04:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

and sirtrips, i dont think that nick was taking you as being literal and actually meaning those words. it seems more like he thought you were being sarcastic to mock people that you think believe hussein was less terrible than he was. he seems to have been saying that it is common knowledge that saddam was terrible and that no one really comes to his defense like that. though you were obviously augmenting sentiments, he seems to have been saying that no one on earth holds any belief remotely close to a defense or praise of saddam. something like that you know.

he did say "leader" which could change the meaning of the sentence from how you seem to have construed it, but he does seem to have not been talking about leadership. so you are fairly correct in your perception of him making a different kind of judgement about the two than their leadership qualities, i would say. however, i might not go so far as to say that he was equating the two on all grounds. but you are not too far off i suppose. and i would contend against nick that obviously not all people see the two as terrible menaces.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5308136 - 02/16/06 06:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Also in the tapes he warns America of the terrorist attacks. Why isn't that the headline, hmmm?

Interesting that you picked up on that.  It just so happens that the only headline you are really seeing in the mainstream press today is "Saddam Warned of Terrorist Attacks".  I posted this before the story really hit the wires and my title is not the title of the piece. 

Funny thing is, I actually gave it that title knowing that this is probably not how the story will be picked up.  You see, I have been fascinated lately with how the different titles of a single "story" can be created to shape and focus the response of the reader.  Sorry to use you guys as my guinea pigs but I thought it was an interesting story anyways.  :grin:

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: Catalysis]
    #5309223 - 02/16/06 11:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

But you do accept that regardless of what is alleged to have been said 11 years ago on a "secret tape" that the WMD didn't exist?

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #5309500 - 02/17/06 04:22 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kilgore_trout said:

are you serious? everyone knows there was extensive support of saddam in the iran-iraq war,

Your right , there is no doubt about that.

I should have used the word more support. Because we didn't give him enough to get the job done once and for all.

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: gregorio]
    #5309964 - 02/17/06 10:09 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I should have used the word more support. Because we didn't give him enough to get the job done once and for all.

But wouldn't he have had more WMD then?

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Secret Saddam Tapes Show Iraq was Hiding Biowarfare Program [Re: Alex213]
    #5312749 - 02/18/06 05:43 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yes he would have. But he would also be our staunch friend and ally as well.

Don't forget that Iraq informed our ambassador of their intentions to invade Kuwait before the first Gulf War started back in 1990 and we basicaly told them that we would not interfere with it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]