Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Could this lead to contamination???
    #531167 - 01/25/02 05:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've got filter patch bags with colonized rye grain in them, I needed to birth them as cakes so today I decided to transfer them to half pint jars so they could re-solidify in cake form... I crumbled up the rye grain while in the sealed bag, the under pretty sterile conditions I cut the bag open, and while pouring from the bag to the 2 jars I realized that the rye wasnt fully colonized, only ~3/4 colonized... This was all done with sterile latex gloves, a face mask, a bunch of lysol, wiped down hands and blade for cutting bag with alchohol, and did the same with the 2 jars... what are the chances of this becoming contaminated due to it not being fully colonized when transfered? also, when doing this under the right conditions, meaning the rye would be colonized fully, how long should I let for it to re-solidify into a cake in the jars? thanks in advance-

peace

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejag192
Loc: Ilidantia
Re: Could this lead to contamination??? [Re: roykinn]
    #531351 - 01/25/02 09:23 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

yes it could lead to contamination but that doesn't mean it will. that seems like a lot of trouble to go to to get cakes. if you have rye grain colonized you should case it anyways and not grow a cake. it would be sooooo much easier to dump all of that colonized rye into a container and case it with coco coir or 50/50+ and you would probably get more babies....if you need details there are many good casing teks around.

--------------------
"The man of Tao remains unknown
Perfect virtue produces nothing
'No-Self' is 'True-Self'
And the greatest man is Nobody"

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: Could this lead to contamination??? [Re: jag192]
    #531590 - 01/26/02 02:33 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

I've got a hydra-pod which eliminates the usage of casings, so I need to make cakes out of my rye bags, the only reason I buy sterilized rye grain is my lack of a pressure cooker. I'm just hoping it will not lead to that, I feel very confident in how sterilized I was, but I'll just have to see what happens.

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation