Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlueShroom
Stranger

Loc: Norway
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: LeGrouper]
    #569540 - 03/04/02 11:17 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Star Wars return of the jedi kicks ass on shrooms!
I even have a trip report from my experience.

http://www.shroomery.org/tripreports.php?action=view&level=4&KeyID=527

--------------------
Things can only get better from now on!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Movies! [Re: BlueShroom]
    #569822 - 03/04/02 06:13 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

ALIENS

Offlinethem_26
enthusiast
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Grav]
    #570426 - 03/05/02 10:29 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Akira, Fantastic Planet, Journey into the Mind's Eye. All excellent animae filcks.
No one liked matrix? I saw matrix on 3 grams when it first came out. Blew my mind. but I've seen it so many times that I doubt I'd see it shrooming/tripping again. The bass in the theater really fucked w/ my stomach.
Didn't know 'bout Tetsuo. Gotta check that out.

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: badjessejames]
    #571516 - 03/06/02 11:36 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Groove was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. You practically have to be rolling to enjoy that one. "it's all about the nod dood!" LOL

Human Traffic was a much better and funnier movie. This movie actually had substance where as groove is just a movie for ate-ups to watch the morning after rolling their asses off.

I tend to like really intense movies and I must say one of the best trips I've ever had was when i watched "Very Bad Things" while tripping balls on Mushy. I felt like I was one of the characters. That scene when the guy starts getting ultra-paranoid at the gas station was unreal! The paranoia was just flowing from the screen. It was surprisingly a very enjoyable experience.

Requiem for a Dream is another very intense movie. I love it when a movie rocks my world like these did. Requiem was intense enough watching sober. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if I watched it tripping.

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Floydian]
    #571554 - 03/06/02 12:17 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Has anybody seen the movie "Where the Buffalo Roam"? It was the original movie made from the "Fear and Loathing" book. It has Bill Murray instead of Jonny Depp. I found one video store that carried it, but they said that it had been checked out and never returned. I want to see it, because I have read the book and seen the Jonny Depp movie about a million times, and I would love to see Bill Murray's take On Dr. Gonzo.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #571658 - 03/06/02 02:40 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Actually, Where the buffalo Roam isnt on F&L in LV, but another Hunter Thompson book. Ive heard from other people that this movie sucks ass, but ive never seen it myself.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
    #571720 - 03/06/02 04:08 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I've only ever sat down and watched a movie while tripping once, and that was Army of Darkness. Fuckin great. So hard to comprehend, it's just hilarious. The talking skeletons were fantastic.

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

Offlineiangato
enthusiast
Loc: maine, USAma
    #573374 - 03/06/02 07:32 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Jacob's Ladder- tim robin's

Brain Candy- kids in the hall

Killer Clowns From Outer Space- funny as all hell with scarey clowns

Wu Tang- any of the series

Naked Lunch- head fuck without the drugs

--------------------
a blurry dot dances among the shadows
bends the light
and fizzles into my pink and glowing mind

-ian gato

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #572035 - 03/06/02 11:25 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah I've seen that one a few times. It's not based on Fear and Loathing as mentioned. It's based on ....shit I can't remember which book it is. I think it's actually based on a collection of his works. It really doesn't have any central plot. After you watch this movie you are sitting there wondering what the hell it was suppossed to be about. Its pretty damned funny at times but there is no meaning or flow to it. It sorta jumps from one thing to the next without much explanation.

Bill Murray does a pretty good HST but personally I think Johnny Depps performance was much much better.

Its a pretty cool movie though, check it out sometime.

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Floydian]
    #573224 - 03/08/02 05:29 AM (22 years, 16 days ago)

i watched Romeo and Juliet the other night (the one with leonardo dipacrio and claire danes) maaaaannnn, that movie is fucking made for tripping, weird shakespeareyin speech can be pretty funny and entertaining. its also extremly colorful which made it excellent to watch. and the different range of scenes(pure peaceful serenity to agonizing chaos) take you through a very cool range of emotions. everyone should give this one a try.

also, if you can get your hands on a copy of terrance mckennas "Alien Dreamtime"
then you should buy it and watch it while tripping, it's just pretty cool, and funny at times. i ordered a copy from amazon.com but it took them 2 months to find it.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflineMoonsavior69
Stranger
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: iangato]
    #573577 - 03/08/02 04:34 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Do you think its ok for a first time acid user to watch Natural Born Killers while tripping?

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Moonsavior69]
    #573639 - 03/08/02 05:53 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

I would say yes cause you can always stop it or put in a different flick if you get bad vibes from it.
End of days gave me a bad trip on acid but I switched it up and put in Saving private ryan then it was better:)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Moonsavior69]
    #573719 - 03/08/02 07:49 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Man don't do that shit. Violent images and nasty vibes will seep deep into your subconcious.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #574394 - 03/09/02 04:43 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I can't believe nobody mentioned J-men Forever!

Has anyone else seen this movie?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #574467 - 03/09/02 06:28 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

anyone seen the underworld - everything, everything dvd? supposed to have an option to watch the visuals only while hearing the concert
_ry_

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineIce_Cubensis
Stranger
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Blastrid]
    #575434 - 03/10/02 11:49 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I can't believe no one's mentioned "The Way Things Go" yet.  EXCELLENT trip movie.  ( http://us.imdb.com/Title?0094300 ) A must see for trippers.  You'll probably have to buy it, as it's not available in many Video Rental stores, but it's worth it.  Let me know what you think!

Amazon Reviews: ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/video/6304551630/customer-reviews/104-1062979-0791910

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: Learyfan]
    #575511 - 03/11/02 02:06 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

For an intense time, try EBN - Emergency Broadcast Network - I think it can only be found on eBay and the like these days.
All spliced together soundbites, newsreels, government tapes, movies, etc. into music - pretty strong anti-media-controlling-your-life vibe -
not violent, but much imagery thrown at you quickly, brightly and loudly.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineHARRY
journeyman
Re: Trip Movies! [Re: HB]
    #576715 - 03/12/02 09:53 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I found Yellow Submarine quite depressing too.....weird but true..... and those Blue Meanies scared the fuck out of me (ok ok they're not really that scary, but those manic grins and yellow teeth just put me off).... Oh and my art techer designed some of the backgrounds to the movie!........... The best ever movie exxperience I've had though is watching "Midnight Express" (you know that american guy who got inprisoned for life in a Turkish prison). The movie is pretty trippy by itself but but watching it just after the peak of your shroom experience is extremely rewarding and very interesting (appart from the American patriotic bullshit that ruined ruined the movies reputation........ why the fuck do americans have to carry their own flag up their ass...... sorry this topic can get to me). Also french english and generally independant movies are great (coz they're mad for the sake of the movie... not money)

Offlinepsychomycul
Praise me for Iam great

Re: Trip Movies! [Re: montana]
    #599775 - 04/05/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

GTA2 is the worst game when grilling. You can't figure out what the point is.
Yellow Submarine Kicks
Princess monanoke Is got to be one of the best.
but the best is the Wall

"ENJOY LIFE, THERE"S PLENTY OF TIME TO BE DEAD"

--------------------
It's All about the music

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #600150 - 04/05/02 10:45 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I figured this had already been posted. I thought it would be in the Media Room. Let's see. let me roll and smoke first... (uh Oh... I will be breaking my drug fast!) O.K. ...
... can't say I've seen a movie tripping (that I remember the title of -- other that "Planet of the Vampires" - which I walked out of after 20 minutes --it was great!).
My nominzation is for: ERASERHEAD.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder