Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts...
    #530636 - 01/25/02 12:08 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Please try to dispute/support these facts intellectually without the usuall liberal/conservative bullshit dogma ok people??

Fact#1: An American Citizen was captured by elements of the U.S. Military during an uprising in Mazar e Sharif.

Fact#2: This citizen was in armed opposition to coalition forces. (Now some will disagree with the entire premise that the coalition bases it's presense in the Afghanistan conflict upon, but for the sake of this discussion, we will assume that the coalition has just cause here. If you think otherwise, you need to start another thread entitled " I am a certified IMBECILE, and can only hope to acheive 'MORON' status by studying really HARD in a Pakistani Midrassa for a few years or so")

*Fact #3: Concerning his status as "Detainee" we have two things to consider. First of all, is he subject to Military Tribunal?
ANSWER: No, he is not since he is an American Citizen. As such he is accorded all the rights and responsibilities of same. This is an ELEMENTARY fact that the media has failed to address yet they insist upon posing this question.

The upshot of this post is to affirm that Mr. Walker is recieving the justice he so richly deserves. He is not to be excused because of his youth and inexperience. He, at the time of his capture, was well aware that Coalition forces were in the area and also that Many innocent lives were lost due to 9-11-01. There is also compelling evidence that he was also aware that "a major attack was pending" on American Soil prior to same. He was under arms at the time of his capture. In full knowledge that American Forces were in the area.

*Of course this point is now moot since Mr. Walker has now made a prelinary "Status" appearence in the 5th District Federal Court. Better known as the "Rocket Docket"

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts... [Re: Mklangelo]
    #530842 - 01/25/02 07:18 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

****An American Citizen was captured by elements of the U.S. Military during an uprising in Mazar e Sharif. ****

true. Johnny boy was detained within the compounds in Mazar e Sharif when the uprising occured.

****This citizen was in armed opposition to coalition forces. ****

yes he was. He even admitted it both in writing and orally..

****I am a certified IMBECILE, and can only hope to acheive 'MORON' status by studying really HARD in a Pakistani Midrassa for a few years or so")****

ha ha ha..i'm sorry but that was funny

****Concerning his status as "Detainee" we have two things to consider. First of all, is he subject to Military Tribunal? ****

if he was from another country then i would be all for a military tribunal but yet again you're right he's an american and is entitled to due process. As a side note i believe (my opinion) that he should lose his citizenship and be treated the same as the other detainee's.

****The upshot of this post is to affirm that Mr. Walker is recieving the justice he so richly deserves****

The downshot is that he's being treated too nice and being turned into a pop icon

****He is not to be excused because of his youth and inexperience. ****

In my opinion he is an adult and old enough to sit upon 'ol sparky

****He, at the time of his capture, was well aware that Coalition forces were in the area and also that Many innocent lives were lost due to 9-11-01. ****

he knew and supported HIS side's convictions

those facts can NOT be disputed. I don't see how someone could. Anyway great post!!

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #530986 - 01/25/02 12:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Who actually knew about opposition forces in Afghanistan? YOu might have, if you had been researching Afghanistan. And who knew that B in Laden was there? He did arrive before 911 right? Maybe he was looking to get fucked up on heroin, found out that the country sucks, and that there was a drought, and the olnly way to live was to go take over some country for food. Like Aghanistan. Mabe he intentionally traveled there to feed people. There was a 1000 to 1 currency ratio. And I do remember seeing starved people and articles on the Pakistani/Afghanistan Border issue involving Pakistan feeding Afghanistan. For all we know we might have acted the same way as he did in the situation. He could have been a non identified agent of the Cia, a spying mercenery. He cuold have been one of those "Spy Magazine" wackos, that actually made contact with the Cia, and felt his mission was to go and feed the starving with his good american money, and then rectify the situation in some sort of holy american mediary way. If I had money I would have traveled there to feed them myself. So who judges that he went there to fight with bin laden and help organize 911 attacks, or who thinks one of my options? I think the government will have a very poor case. You never know though, some people followy the law too closely, and do not think that our constituion if based on the bible and god, before the aforementioned.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts... [Re: nugsarenice]
    #531004 - 01/25/02 12:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The knowledge that there were forces opposing the Taliban was common knowledge to just about anyone that has slightly more than a cursory knowledge of world affairs. It was fairly common knowledge that the Taliban controlled only 80% of Afghanistan. And it was also pretty common knowledge that bin Laden was operating out of Afghanistan since he went there in 1989 to help repel the "Communist Infidels" This was no secret to anyone that pays just a bit of attention to world affairs. It certainly wasn't "inside info" by any means. We knew in 93' when the WTC was bombed, we knew when the U.S. Embassy was bombed in Africa, and we knew when the U.S.S. Cole was attacked also. And along with us knowing, the whole world knew also.

And no, bin Laden didn't go to Afghanistan to "get fucked up on Heroin" He went there for the reason mentioned above. Common knowledge. As far as Afghanistan being screwed up, please don't even try to paint bin Laden as some sort of Saviour, that insults the intellegence of every thinking man and woman you present it too. The country is fucked up for among other reasons, these.
They have had war for the last 24 years. When the Soviets came in 89' to conduct there own misguided adventure there, the tribes all banded together to expell them, and expel them they did. When the Soviets left with their tail between thier legs, the tribal/clan mentality that has ruled that primitive country took over and they decended into a period of lawlessness and territorial struggles that became so bad that the Taliban was welcomed as almost anything was better than the Anarchy and chaos the people were suffering under.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#531031 - 01/25/02 01:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Serving in a foreign army requires you to give up your US citizenship. The taliban/al-queda may or may not fulfill that requirement.

Little Johnny has also admitted to serving in terrorist action in Kashmir, and so may be tried for that in India.

Anyone who pays any attention to world affairs knows that we've been trying to get Bin laden out of Afghanistan for years. John Walker should have known that, student of middle eastern culture and religion that he is.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts... [Re: wingnutx]
    #531060 - 01/25/02 01:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Since the Taliban was only recognized by two or three countries, of which one WAS Pakistan, (I don't really know what the other's may have been) I don't think it qualifies as having had an army under Geneva Conventions. They wore no uniforms which I think is one of the main criteria. That is why spies are not subject to treatment as POW's since they do not "play by the rules of war" Which is preposterous but that is the way international law is constructed concerning this issue. My only fear is that the jury and the leftists in our society will begin to listen to the crap Little Johnny's lawyer and parents are trying to pass off as truth. It's nothing but spin and bullshit because Little Johnny shot his mouth off to the CIA and CNN before his razor sharp intellect caught up to his mouth. His parents are being told what to say so that we can have what we always have in America, a media circus. But I don't think the 5th U.S. District Court is gonna play that shit. They have a reputation for no bullshit, swift justice.

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #531085 - 01/25/02 02:17 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I meant that John Walker might have traveled there to get fucked up on heroin, or feed people. Bin Laden's prescence like you said, was probraly just to start up a new organized heroin cartel, take over land ownership of natural gas, in a puppet government, controlled by his henchmen. Bin Laden was probraly responsible for the 400 people assasinated in May. I asked though did John Walker arrive before 911? So like you said johnny walker is evil and deserves to be improsined, until rehabilitated, unless you would like to kill him yourself Michaelongo? For going there to make his own unbiased opinion on the status of political activity, and starvation. Like I said John Walker could have been an unrecoqnized agent of the central intelligence. You know how that works, you are not allowd to be caught, but if succeed get paid big money.

Invisiblewingnutx

#531106 - 01/25/02 02:36 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. were the other two that recognized the taliban as the legitimate government of Afghanistan.

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts. [Re: Mklangelo]
    #531942 - 01/26/02 11:33 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think that it's too early to make any solid judgements. We probably won't have the entire story for a while, and you never know what could have happen. But from what appears to have happened, it looks like he took up Islam with a lot of passion, and was just misguided. Most of the Taliban are doing what they are doing, not because that have looked at the facts and made a judgement of their own, but because they have been told whats right by people who they look up to. Let's say you were raised a hardcore christian, like many in this world. Then the pope and every other christian you know said, "Cat's are evil, cats are the devils work, you must kill all cats!" And if they're all killing cats and no one is saying that killing cats is wrong, then you're probably going to kill some cats. The Taliban, and little johnny Taliban, are products of their culture, except johnny is a product of the talibans culture, not his own.

InvisibleAssHumper10K
enthusiast
Loc: Up, Your, Ass
    #532738 - 01/27/02 04:03 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think I need to get another federal rap. Cant wait to hump that sweet 20 yeahr old ass!

--------------------
Asses Humped for a reasonable price. Ask about our financing program!
Free ass juicings with every fart suck!
See the amazing pencil farm!

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts. [Re: Buddha]
    #532810 - 01/27/02 06:52 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think that it's too early to make any solid judgements. We probably won't have the entire story for a while, and you never know what could have happen. But from what appears to have happened, it looks like he took up Islam with a lot of passion, and was just misguided. Most of the Taliban are doing what they are doing, not because that have looked at the facts and made a judgement of their own, but because they have been told whats right by people who they look up to. Let's say you were raised a hardcore christian, like many in this world. Then the pope and every other christian you know said, "Cat's are evil, cats are the devils work, you must kill all cats!" And if they're all killing cats and no one is saying that killing cats is wrong, then you're probably going to kill some cats. The Taliban, and little johnny Taliban, are products of their culture, except johnny is a product of the talibans culture, not his own.

Nice analogy buddha, but I am sure you are not saying that his actions are excused because of his past?
Once you are 18, you are totally responsible for your actions and blaming an abusive parent, or wacky cult leader just does not make for a workable defense. Look at all the brainwashed Christians who blow up abortion clinics. They are murderers, plain and simple.

This Johnny kid should not be treated any different than any other Taliban we have locked up in Cuba. Feel sorry for him if you like. But, he is over the age of 18 and as such is responsible for what he has become. You can not blame Islam or bin laden.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts. [Re: PGF]
    #533732 - 01/28/02 06:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with what you said PGF, that he shouldn't be treated any different than the Taliban members held in Cuba. In fact he should be more responsible for his actions then the rest of the Taliban. Walker was raised in America. He knew what america was about, he knew america. The rest of the taliban have probably only seen pictures of america. The only knowledge they had of America was what senior Taliban leaders told them. And yes, once you are 18 you are totally responsible for your actions, LEGALLY. Also, if you smoke weed or do shrooms you should be locked up, legally.

All I'm saying is that these people weren't born evil, no one is born evil. Thses people are only doing what they think is right. Their only crime is ignorance. If president bush himself grew up under the same conditions as many of the Taliban members did, he would very possibly be a member of the Taliban. And he's the American President, do you think he should be killed growing up in a situation he had no power over? Most of us here are lucky, we have grown up with a fairly decent education. If we had grow up with all our friends and relatives members of the Taliban in afganistan, we would probably want to destroy america too. These people have had hard lives and they're only doing what they think is right. But they are a threat to Americans, no doubt, so we cant let them roam free, but we shouldn't hate them, we should try to understand them, and maybe prevent this situation from occuring again.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts. [Re: Buddha]
    #533760 - 01/28/02 08:26 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

****Their only crime is ignorance. ****

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law...the muslim religion doesn't teach murder.

****If president bush himself grew up under the same conditions as many of the Taliban members did, he would very possibly be a member of the Taliban. ****

You don't know that. And that analogy isn't a very good one.

****And he's the American President, do you think he should be killed growing up in a situation he had no power over? ****

If he killed americans then yes.

****Most of us here are lucky, we have grown up with a fairly decent education. ****

I wouldn't call it lucky rather we are civil and value human rights

****If we had grow up with all our friends and relatives members of the Taliban in afganistan, we would probably want to destroy america too. ****

I'm sorry but the "you would do the same thing" argument is very old and not very effective. You don't know that.

****These people have had hard lives and they're only doing what they think is right. ****

Many countries have "hard lives" but you don't see them flying planes into buildings

****These people have had hard lives and they're only doing what they think is right. ****

You understand them...i'll jail them and make them pay the price for murdering innocent civilians..dare i say death penalty..then we can understand them

***and maybe prevent this situation from occuring again***

They only understand violence...this is how to avoid this from happening agin.

This "we need to all get along" argument is just riddled with useless political correctness. Where has political correctness gotten us in the last 10 years? It got us bombed and hated.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #534523 - 01/28/02 11:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Keep in mind, John Walker Lindh went to Afghanistan and joined the Taliban before September 11, before American troops were even on the ground in Afghanistan, before the U.S. started bombing the place. He was fighting the Northern Alliance and other tribal forces originally. I think he got too caught up with all the jihad crap when he went to Pakistan to one of the schools in the north.. A known area where the Taliban found recruits.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (01/28/02 11:13 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Johnny "Taliban"... Lets introduce some facts. [Re: Zahid]
    #534728 - 01/29/02 06:39 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

****Keep in mind, John Walker Lindh went to Afghanistan and joined the Taliban before September 11, before American troops were even on the ground in Afghanistan, before the U.S. started bombing the place. ****

What am i supposed to keep this in mind for?

****He was fighting the Northern Alliance and other tribal forces originally****

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but what is the point of your post?

****I think he got too caught up with all the jihad crap when he went to Pakistan to one of the schools in the north.. A known area where the Taliban found recruits. *****

See previous statement

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #534754 - 01/29/02 07:46 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That point will likely be Walker's defense in court, that is all. I don't have much sympathy for Walker, as he was not only fighting with the Taliban, but he trained with the Al-Qaeda to commit terrorist acts.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#534793 - 01/29/02 08:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

To bad for him that it was common knowledge that the americans were fighting on the side of the N. Alliance..also being involved in the uprising doesn't help his case either

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #534829 - 01/29/02 09:46 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Of course, I'm simply saying he was fighting against the Northern Alliace, before the U.S. started backing them up. Also, he was not involved with the prison uprising at Mazar-e-Shariff. He hid in the basement of the prison for nine days to avoid chaos, and later spoke out against all those who were involved in the uprising because it violated the teachings of the Qur'aan.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#534848 - 01/29/02 10:01 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

****.....and later spoke out against all those who were involved in the uprising because it violated the teachings of the Qur'aan.****

When did he speak out? From what i have heard he endorsed not only the uprising but the attack on the US which is also against the Qur'aan..there are too many muslims that use the Qur'aan as an excuse for their downfalls.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #534861 - 01/29/02 10:18 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It was mentioned several times on CNN, and other networks either with the early interview they had with him shortly after apprehending him or a later one. Yes, he supported September 11. So do entire minorities of fundamentalists in every Muslim country do, along with that foolish kid who flew a small plane into a building in Florida last month. But John Walker didn't participate in the uprising at Mazar-e-Shariff; he, along with other Taliban/Qaeda fighters who opposed it hid in the basement for 9 days until they were flushed out with freezing water by the Northern Alliance. The way Muslims quote the Qur'aan has nothing to do with this, he was merely obeying its teachings while a handful of other Muslims did not.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck