Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehomebrew

Whats up with my birdseed; contam ?
    #530681 - 01/25/02 02:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Trying out my first birdseed experiment. I am using Pennington's which was boiled, washed, and then PC'ed @ 15 psi for 30 min. Used spore syringe to innoculate (3 ml) a single pint jar (as an experiment while I isolate a single strain on MEA for the other jars). Its been about 2.5 weeks (~ 80 F and ~ 24 hrs/day darkness) and I have shaken the jar a few times. I am seeing wet whiteness on the sides of the jar and on the seeds. When shaking, the seeds are clumped in fairly nice size lumps and it appears that there has been some reduction in seed volume, however the jar does NOT look at all like the BRF jars I am used to seeing. Tonight I opened the jar and took a whif, the smell was sweet, not altogether unpleasant, but reminded me of fermentation. I have isolated the jar now. Should I shit can it due to bacterial infection, or is this the way birdseed goes?

TIA

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrabTree
Loc: Iceland
Re: Whats up with my birdseed; contam ? [Re: homebrew]
    #530689 - 01/25/02 02:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

afoaf uses birdseed and brf the brf always looks white and fluffy, thick. The myco on the seeds is more transparent like strings at first. It will thicken. seeds have a hard to penetrate surface, but it seems seeds colonize quicker because there is more space between the millet, and shaking is easier. He also tried millet flour, and it sucked from his experience.. whole millet rocks tho..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation