Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineZadig

Loc: kootenays
satan's impatience
    #530248 - 01/24/02 04:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hoy there peeps!! help me.

#1.my jars are white, beginning to get primordia (i believe), upsidedown and sans-tape. i want to case them today. day 25 isnt too soon, is it? i plan on the 50/50+ tek, but i am unsure of the best way to sterilize the mixture... i have a small pressure-cooker. any tips are welcome. is a pillow-case better than the small plastic bags that the perlite comes in?

#2.on the inside of the bottom (now top) of one of my jars, around single particles of vericulite that stuck to the jar, there are clusters of little black dots, very strange.. now, the cake is resting on the dry verm and is (& has) in no way touching these bodies. what the F is going on? must i destroy the cake? i have noted that neither the dots nor the number thereof have seemed to grow within the past 3 days or so.

#3. has anybody found a particularly effective method of perlite humidification?

these questions are all that stand in my way of confidently birthing and casing my babies. please do help

thank yew,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,iago.

--------------------
[blue][I]esse[/I][black] is[/black] [I]percipi.[/blue]
[green]TAT T'VAM ASI. [purple]

Edited by Zadig (01/24/02 05:59 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZadig

Loc: kootenays
Re: satan's impatience [Re: Zadig]
    #530334 - 01/24/02 06:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

its okay, iago.

SOMEONE will reply to your message. its not like NOBODY cares about your mycological endeavor... though it is quite possible that no one cares about YOU.

hah hah, loser.

sincerely,

your mom

--------------------
[blue][I]esse[/I][black] is[/black] [I]percipi.[/blue]
[green]TAT T'VAM ASI. [purple]

Offlinejag192
Loc: Ilidantia
Re: satan's impatience [Re: Zadig]
    #530337 - 01/24/02 06:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i am not sure about the little black spots but it is a very good sign they have not grown or spread in three days. I would be very careful when removing the substrate to try to make sure it still does not come into contact with the questionable material.

as to sterilizing your casing i would use the plastic bags because you can leave it in the plastic bag to cool and still keep it sterile. whereas in a pillow case as soon as you take it out of the pressure cooker it is no longer sterile because the pillow case lets air in and out.

for perilite humidification you should fill the bottom of your container with at least 2 inches of perilite then you can either a) pour water on it and let it sit a couple of minutes and pour all the extra water out or you can b) leave 1/2in of so of standing water in the bottom that is not absorbed. people do it both ways i prefer to not leave water in the bottom becasue it seems it might be more likly to contaminate. good luck and day 23 is definatly not too soon i would go ahead and sterilize the casing ASAP and get it done.

--------------------
"The man of Tao remains unknown
Perfect virtue produces nothing
'No-Self' is 'True-Self'
And the greatest man is Nobody"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation