Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species?
    #5294541 - 02/13/06 11:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

We all know that Mexico is the shroomiest place on the planet (with Oregon and Washington state trailing behind it).

But which part of Mexico has the highest concentration/number of Psilocybian shrooms?

Is it the southeastern tip?

----------
And another question:

Since Guzman is known to be the expert on Psilocybes, (he has seemed to have found and documented the majority of them in Mexico according to the Geographical Distribution paper by Gartz Guzman & Allen) what part of Mexico does he live, and hunt/find most of these species of Shrooms?

Has Guzman done extensive traveling throughout Mexico to find them all?

Just wondering. I am going to Mexico in about 12 days.

Keep shroomin
GG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
Re: Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5294994 - 02/13/06 02:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

is it true that magic boomers can be found just groin in place nearby mexican restaurants. cause I found some shrooms there and yo mexican restaurants are everywhere dawg. didn?t make no spore print but do you think they are active or the kind that fuk u up. are they are real mushrooms? :crazy2:

sorry... something came over me

OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species? [Re: georgeM]
    #5295063 - 02/13/06 02:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

completely unacceptable george

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
Re: Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species? [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #5295527 - 02/13/06 03:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know much of the biology,
but I do know that the indigenous Mazatecs used any types of psilocybin mushrooms.
The Mazatecs live in areas of Oaxaca, so maybe Oaxaca has many different species of psilocybes.

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species? [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #5295575 - 02/13/06 04:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

GO...
What part are you going to?

I have spent allot of time on the west coast of Mexico.. With a claimant much like Southern California's High Desert I would rule Cubes out..
But now from living in Texas and visiting the other side of Mexico I can see a defiant difference in the climate's between the Pacific Coast and the Gulf Coast..
But in my opinion I would think the better Mushrooms would be on the Gulf Coast off the Yucatan and south from there..
Man I wish I could spend a few weeks in a beat up VW Bug looking for Cubes in Mex..
Enjoy and take mucho photos :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (02/13/06 04:56 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5295733 - 02/13/06 04:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The majority of species are found in the Mexican state of Oaxaca, over 42 species.

Actually the usa is far behind the amount of shrooms and MExico leads. AS a whole, more than 60 in latin america, not counting mexico.
From Guzman's lecture at the Medicinal mushroom conference last october.

Mexico is the country with the highest number of species, 53, while Europe has only 16 and the US and Canada, 22. In Latin America, excluding Mexico, there are around 60 species. Africa has only four species. In Asia (Japan, Nepal, Vietnam, Thailand, and Java) there are 15 species (besides five that Horak and Desjardin have under study). In Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Gvinea, and New Caledonia there are 19 species.

mjshroomer

OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Which part(s) of Mexico are hairiest with Psilocybian mushroom species? [Re: YESSUP]
    #5295738 - 02/13/06 04:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
claimant

climate

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #5295783 - 02/13/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CubensisCutter said:
Quote:

YESSUP said:
claimant

climate

You have way way too much time on your hands...

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5296504 - 02/13/06 07:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

GGreatOne234 said,
Quote:

Since Guzman is known to be the expert on Psilocybes, (he has seemed to have found and documented the majority of them in Mexico according to the Geographical Distribution paper by Gartz Guzman & Allen) what part of Mexico does he live, and hunt/find most of these species of Shrooms?

Has Guzman done extensive traveling throughout Mexico to find them all?

Over the yeasr Guzman has traveled all over Mexico adn other regions of the world.

His collections have been with him alone and with many other professional mycologists.

Jim Jacobs who traveled through Mexico and SOuth America extensively and was editor on my papaper on panaeolina foenisecii has a shroom named in his honor but recently some of the new species Guzman is writing on now bare hjacos name on them as well.

If you can find a copy of the Genus Psilocybe. Huindreds of poeple have sent specimens to guzman form all over trhe world.

mj

He currently lives in Xalapa, Veracruz near Honathan Ott;s underground bomb shelter home on the volcano in Xalapa.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate