Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Saying hello and a question for you all.
    #5293619 - 02/13/06 01:30 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum and introduce myself. I've been lurking here for 24 hours, have read the FAQs and have browsed this and other sites pertaining to this fascinating hobby. So much great information here, I think I'll make it a home if you all will have me.

Now, on to business.
While I have been browsing and learning all this new information I ran into the post about some people getting busted in Seattle. A shame to say the least, doubled by the fact that Seattle is not so far for me to travel.

On that note, I was curious if anyone besides me caught the point about shipping records(UPS in this case) being retained by law enforcement. I'm going to get into this hobby, but this definitely concerns me and is something I have to work around to feel comfortable. Is anyone else nervous about ordering spores from these centralized locations that are so easy to trace back to yourself?

Is their a US variant of the spore ring, like in Europe? People trading spores etc? I think a much less centralized point of distribution would be far more difficult to track down and prosecute, and much safer for us all.

I also would be open to purchasing some spore syringes or spore prints from an actual person. Avoiding the financial and shipping paper trails assosiated with these online spore stores.
I'm basically asking for alternatives here. Any advice, ideas, suggestions, or whatever will be appreciated.

Thanks alot for the great information and for your time,
~Cappa.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: cappa]
    #5293623 - 02/13/06 01:32 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just go to the market forum that we have here. And on that note, Ive ordered numerous supplies online, and Im still here,lol.

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: FungusMan]
    #5293640 - 02/13/06 01:50 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the quick reply! My goodness I didn't scroll all the way down the list of the forums, just found the security forum! Got more reading to do now..Thanks for the tip and I'll keep an eye out for that market forum!

~Cappa.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #5293707 - 02/13/06 03:37 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Market forum wont show up until you have a couple weeks of being registered, and like 40 posts or something like that.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #5293885 - 02/13/06 06:44 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well first off spores arent' illegal. They can't target you just because you get a package from a company that thousands of people order from. The feds can't do much about it or the stores wouldn't exist. Most busts are from narks. People will betray real quick when they here they can get off by dropping your name.
Of course there's nothing wrong with paranoia. Check the security forums if you're worried.

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5294133 - 02/13/06 09:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

welcome, you got a lot to read.
start off with the PF tek imo.
and dont be afraid to order shit from here :wink:

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5294330 - 02/13/06 11:02 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery!~

I live in Seattle and I hardly ever hear of anyone being busted for shrooms.

You have no need to worry about purchasing spores from a Vendor...they are legal to buy.
There is only 3 states that spores are illegal...California, Georgia and Idaho.
Please check out the Shroomery Vendors...
http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

If you really don't want to purchase spores from a Vendor online...
which is completely safe...IMHO
Check out the Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle...there is a head shop in the bottom of the market that has spores and grow kits.

there is also the FSRCanada that would send you a spore print...
http://www.fsrcanada.com/
they charge $2.00 to cover postage.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: Roadkill]
    #5294549 - 02/13/06 12:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Letter with small donation in the mail to FSRCanada.
It will be nice to get something from Canada besides cold ass wind.

Edited by cappa (02/13/06 03:35 PM)

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5294557 - 02/13/06 12:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Trip planned to Seattle.
Thanks for the info!

~Cappa.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5295168 - 02/13/06 02:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just Purchased:
Large plastic storage tubs, WBS, case of 1 pint jars, piece of Plexiglas, jet dry, rubber dish washing gloves, latex gloves, Ajax( I use this to sterilize beer making equipment and it works fine for that.), silicone, and a hygrometer last night(thanks for the tip on that Hippychick).
Just had to come home to look up a good reason to be buying a syringe from the farm store. Gonna say I gotta give my dog a shot or something.
Wally mart was out of decent sized PC's, and damnit! I totally forgot the angel hair crap, or the pillow stuffing, can't remember what exactly it's called.
Going to Walgreen's to check on the PC, and a US humidifier.Then to the farm store for the syringes.

How am I doing so far? Am I missing any crucial piece of equipment besides my brain?

P.S. I will be posting my progress for others to follow and also to get my post count up. :-) Sure would like to see that marketplace.
If the forum mods would prefer this thread to be in a properly titled thread or in a different forum, please let me know and I will gladly move this and delete it here, or better yet, move it yourself. :-)

--------------------
~Cappa.

Edited by cappa (02/13/06 04:04 PM)

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #5295200 - 02/13/06 02:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've bought hundreds of syringes from the feed store , they could care less . Just wear bib overalls with no shirt and one busted strap and no one will notice you .

Polyfil is the stuffing for pillows .

Don't buy any cool mists or humidifiers till you check Goodwill , Salvation Army and second hand stores . I have never paid more then $2 for one . At $2 a piece , buy all you can , they will wear out .

If you plan on doing WBS , get rid of the pint jars and go to quart jars . Just make sure you get a PC that can do 7 quarts in a run . You only fill these jars 1/2=3/4 full , so pint jars will require a bit more work .

Good Luck

Off to a nice start  :thumbup:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinekanpan
The Beast
 User Gallery

Loc: Kanbodia
Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: HippieChick]
    #5295288 - 02/13/06 03:12 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HippieChick said:
Just wear bib overalls with no shirt and one busted strap and no one will notice you .

Hippie Chick I think YOU may be noticed dressed like that!

Enjoy

--------------------
"Love is the Law"
"Love under Will"

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Saying hello and a question for you all. [Re: kanpan]
    #5295314 - 02/13/06 03:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kanpan said:
Quote:

HippieChick said:
Just wear bib overalls with no shirt and one busted strap and no one will notice you .

Hippie Chick I think YOU may be noticed dressed like that!

Enjoy

LMAO

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5295440 - 02/13/06 03:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just purchased 12cc syringe(30 cents), 18ga. x 1.5" needle(30 cents), bag of corsely ground vermiculite(Light bulb came on as soon as I walked into the farm store. I forgot to get that at Wally world)($3.39).

Any advice on PC's and US humidifiers? I don't like to buy things twice, so I prefer the best quality even if I have to pay a little more. I've found that it usually saves you money in the long run that way.

--------------------
~Cappa.

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5295488 - 02/13/06 03:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Didn't see your posts before I just posted that last one.
So the humidifiers burn out or what? Is their such a thing as one that doesn't?

You raise an interesting question on the pint vs 2pint jars. I don't plan on doing cakes more than once to get a feel for it. Will the larger jars be beneficial for doing the style (I dont remember what the tek is called) where you basically use the jars as spawn for more material, and do larger 'role outs' before going into fruiting and all that? Or are the larger jars more beneficial for the cake style teks? See I was thinking I could stack jars on top of one another in the PC. Am I going down the wrong logic path here?

As for the farm store costume, maybe I should go step in a few cow piles first too eh? haha! Then maybe I can scrape my boots and use that as shroom nutez when I get back! A win-win situation!

~Cappa.

--------------------
~Cappa.

OfflineBen18
Male
    #5295509 - 02/13/06 03:51 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

To incourage shrooms to be grown here in GA, i have ordered spores and recieved them with no trouble or delay. Good luck growing! Glad to have you here.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5295551 - 02/13/06 03:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Here's some advice on PC's . If you never want to buy another , or anyone in your family ever needing to buy another one , and money is no problem , then get an AA(All American)941 . It will do 17 quart jars at a time and will outlive you . They can be found on E-Bay for between 125-200 dollars . New I think they run over $400 .

Yes , you want quart jars . It sounds like you are planning on spawning to some type of bulk substrate .( roll overs or what you called it )

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmnoy

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5295627 - 02/13/06 04:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Ok quart jars it is! Do you foresee any problems with stacking some pint jars on top of some quart jars in the PC?
Thank you for the advice on the PC, that sounds a little large, but what the hell, if I can find a good deal on one I'll buy it.

Now onto the humidifiers, as it's the last piece of mission critical equipment that I need. Do they all burn out? Is their an alternative to buying them over and over again? Does anyone have any experience with say, a 'light industrial' level humidifier? Or something a little heavier than these home models that burn out? Perhaps a home-build one? I DIY all the time from meat smokers to aluminum smelters and foundries. If anyone has some plans or something, I know I'd love to see them and I bet alot of others here would as well.

~Cappa.

~Cappa.

--------------------
~Cappa.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate