Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Timing issue... advice needed.
    #5290872 - 02/12/06 07:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Sooo...
It is now the 12th of feb and I have a bunch of jars (some rye and some PF) that should all be finnished (at the latest) by (lets say) the end of this week... add a day or 2 to make the myc really strong and we get to the 18th. Now I have to leave for a week on the 28th (comming back on the 7th).
What do you think is the best way to do this?
If I crumble and Case (which is my plan) I think hoping for fruits by the 28th is cutting it a bit close. But waiting until the 7th is also a bit stupid cause that would mean the myc would just be sitting in the jars using up the nutes for 2.5 weeks longer than need be. If I did decide to wait then I'd probably take the jars out of my inncubator now and let them finnish at room temp... but I dunno.

Another option (though one I don't really want to resort to), is to move my trip by a week... that means I'd have to time it so that I have fruits either on the 5th 6th or 7th. What would you guys advise? And how would you suggest I procced?

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

May the source be with GNU

Edited by BMArts (02/12/06 07:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Timing issue... advice needed. [Re: BMArts]
    #5290878 - 02/12/06 07:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I suggest thinking about these things when you making jars up and planning vacations.

That said, you can put the jars in your fridge and keep them at about 45 degrees, make sure that its not below 40, and you can stall your jars until you get back from your trip.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Re: Timing issue... advice needed. [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #5290884 - 02/12/06 07:12 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I suggest thinking about these things when you making jars up and planning vacations.

Well its not vacation to tell you the truth, and when I made up the jars I didn't know that I would have to make this trip (or else I would have planned)... you see sometimes it just happens that unexpected things come your way and you have to do things you didn't know you would have to do a few weeks earlier... so thank you for stating the obvious.. :wink:.

Also unfortunatly fridge is not an option... I don't have access to one that it would be safe to leave so many myc jars in.

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

Edited by BMArts (02/12/06 07:13 AM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#5290894 - 02/12/06 07:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You could just case and the directly fruit them instead of reincubating them. Might give you a week. To work with.

I would adjust the schudule of your trip though if it were me since there isn't a fridge available.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
    #5290904 - 02/12/06 07:40 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
You could just case and the directly fruit them instead of reincubating them. Might give you a week. To work with.

I would adjust the schudule of your trip though if it were me since there isn't a fridge available.

What do you think of leaving them until before I go, then casing them and let the casing layer inncubate while I'm gone... patch when I get back and then fruit?

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#5290913 - 02/12/06 07:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

That could work. I would make the top layer a little thicker than normal just to compensate for the time that you wont be able to be there. Maybe incubate at 80 instead of 85 so it colonizes that much slower.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
    #5293856 - 02/13/06 06:18 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

any other opinions or advice from someone else... haven't decided yet what to do but would like to see what other ppl have to say...

--------------------

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
    #5294128 - 02/13/06 09:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

store them in the fridgerator.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates