Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Do we really need each other?
    #525214 - 01/19/02 12:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesunconscious
Loc: Calgary
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: World Spirit]
    #525220 - 01/19/02 12:30 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Have you heard of a book called "Global Brain" by Howard Bloom?

He argues that there is not just individual selection in evolution, but group selection as well. That there is in each individual, mechanisms that cause them to die off if they do not think they can benefit the group. Depression, suicidal tendencies, etc.

Its in our genes to need social acceptance :)

--------------------
=|) minds are growing

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: sunconscious]
    #525304 - 01/19/02 03:09 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I like people, and i need them. My reasoning is that. If im fucked, im not alone.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: tak]
    #527525 - 01/21/02 05:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i agree with the "If im fucked, im not alone" reasoning. it's how i used to think any time i wanted to break the rules way back when... if someone else is in on it, we'll go down together. people also make it a lot easier when you do get depressed because they are an outlet and you can lean on them for support (well some of them anyway ;?) however, i think that i could live alone without any human contact... not saying i would want to and i would be very lonely and at the end of forty years of boredom kill myself, but i think i could stick with it for quite a while. after all, there are a lot of people out there i try to stay away from :P

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: geokills]
    #527553 - 01/21/02 06:02 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

But there lies strength and depth in being alone also.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #528052 - 01/22/02 08:56 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Do you believe we "inherit" memories of those long dead? I know we do...

Your conscious awareness seems to have expanded to include that we are all one-even though we can have individual experience.

My joys and my lonely hours are affecting you---and your's are affecting me.

Ever notice how we long to connect to others but often find that the connection is not fulfilling??? It's our hunger for the "let's all be one"... The completeness we seek is not met in only one person-but in one person-being made up of all people... The longing for true unity... That's why a true friend feels so precious...it's the closest bond we have to connecting with the all...

....Tannis

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Tannis]
    #528061 - 01/22/02 09:13 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'll have my reunion when I'm dead. Either that or I'll just be dead, which is also fine.

--------------------

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Tannis]
    #528076 - 01/22/02 09:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>Ever notice how we long to connect to others but often find that the connection is not fulfilling??? It's
>our hunger for the "let's all be one"... The completeness we seek is not met in only one person-but in
>one person-being made up of all people... The longing for true unity... That's why a true friend feels
>so precious...it's the closest bond we have to connecting with the all...

That's why tripping is so great...it makes me feel so much closer to the people I'm tripping with, probably because we are indeed experiencing a deeper, more fulfilling connection. And there's always that sense of "true unity" and oneness of being part of a larger consciousness. Its often easy to forget this is sober life but there's nothing like a good trip to remind you that we aren't really separate after all, it just seems like we are.

OfflineWarped_Ventricle
journeyman
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #528091 - 01/22/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I will tell you one thing I have learnt. I don't need need most people. They are only interested in talking about the weather or how they got drunk. They do not contribute to society. People don't like to think anymore. In order to be popular and fit into the social norms at school, you need to act stupid. I don't think anyone needs other people but it sure makes life more exciting. My good friends are always willing to help me, and I help them. These are the people that I can talk to. Most people just want to smoke my dope and leave. It is the sad truth, that not too many people face.

OfflineWarped_Ventricle
journeyman
    #528092 - 01/22/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I will tell you one thing I have learnt. I don't need need most people. They are only interested in talking about the weather or how they got drunk. They do not contribute to society. People don't like to think anymore. In order to be popular and fit into the social norms at school, you need to act stupid. I don't think anyone needs other people but it sure makes life more exciting. My good friends are always willing to help me, and I help them. These are the people that I can talk to. Most people just want to smoke my dope and leave. It is the sad truth, that not too many people would like to believe.

OfflineWarped_Ventricle
journeyman
    #528093 - 01/22/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I will tell you one thing I have learnt. I don't need need most people. They are only interested in talking about the weather or how they got drunk. They do not contribute to society. People don't like to think anymore. In order to be popular and fit into the social norms at school, you need to act stupid. I don't think anyone needs other people but it sure makes life more exciting. My good friends are always willing to help me, and I help them. These are the people that I can talk to. Most people just want to smoke my dope and leave.

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Warped_Ventricle]
    #528232 - 01/22/02 12:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I tend to agree. Most people are quite uninteresting, at the surface that is. I do however believe that some of them (maybe 1%, maybe 66%, I dunno) have something deeper, but are afraid to show it.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Timeleech]
    #528239 - 01/22/02 12:53 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Very true. If I passed you on the street you wouldn't give me a second glance. If I grabbed you and lead you into my basement, you would find something else... That's what I should do, although I'll probably just get maced...

I know at least one person who "enlightens" strangers. It's something in everyone... if you continue with it, they will stay "enlightened". (It's nothing freaky, I assure you.) If you neglect the person however, they forget about it, and they return to their shell... sometimes building it thicker, sometimes not. How odd. You have to have a fair bit of confidence in yourself to do this stuff. If not, you fail, and you look like a weirdo. :wink: 

Oh, and people are fragile. You shouldn't play with them too much. Everyone has the potential though, it just takes some work.

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (01/22/02 12:54 PM)

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Timeleech] * 1
    #528241 - 01/22/02 12:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think most everybody (with rare exceptions of course) has that something deeper that is genuinely interesting, but for most people most of the time it is well hidden. It is the surface that is uninteresting because its caught up in talking about stuipd shit all the time. Once you get beyond that then you'll find most people inherently interesting. Its just a question of breaking the surface, which is much harder for some people than others.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#528247 - 01/22/02 01:03 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That's my hobby. Surface breaking.

--------------------

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Ulysees] * 1
    #528253 - 01/22/02 01:10 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Good for you. I wish I could do that but as you said, it takes a lot of confidence in yourself, which I just don't have. Do you actually go up and make conversation with strangers or what? If everyone did stuff like that, this world would be such a friendlier place.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: skaMariaPastora] * 1
    #528284 - 01/22/02 01:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That's exactly how I do it when I get the nerve up... it's very hard. I've got social issues and whatnot, but when things align within me, and the moment is right... You just walk over to someone, anyone, and say whatever it is that breaks the surface. It's actually a huge undertaking and I can't do it very well, though like I said I know a couple people who can... It's some weird stuff I guess. It's in your eyes, it's in your voice... if it's off, you fail, and you end up getting punched in the face, drink thrown in your face whatever the situation holds. I'm in the groove right now, but if I fumbled the words, it would be disastrous. I'm not very well suited to it. I'm fairly shy and psyche myself out sort of, but it's worth it when it connects...

I have however done this with some teachers and one councellor. They're some of my best friends now. I find it odd going into their environment to talk to them, since they're teachers and I'm a dropout and all... I should go down today and talk to one of them in particular. She's had my copy of "The Wall" for over a year now. :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #528565 - 01/22/02 08:29 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really like most people. I think there are probably 3 people in this world that I like, 1 I don't even know where she has run off to. Some people Im nice to on the surface, but just because if your not nice to people they get pissed off and as someone said, you get punched in the face kind of often, but under the surface most of the people I hang out with, Im not all too fond of. I just hang around them because I have time between classes and nothing better to do.

Im pretty sure I'd do just dandy without any human contact, I may be a little loopy at the end of it all, but I'm loopy already so it doesn't really matter much. I think maybe deep down I want to be part of the group and be one with everyone, but I think even deeper than that I really despise the thought of being 'one' with the human population of earth. I'm a loner, what can I say, most people call me crazy for my ideas of why though.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlineemptyvessel
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: jonnyshaggs420] * 1
    #528619 - 01/22/02 09:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have never experienced this divine oneness everyone keeps talking about, it sounds great, I know it might be a reality for some of you but, for me it's just a concept and so I just can't say if it's true or not, maybe some day though.

I crave attention (What ego dosin't) but yet I'm shy unconfident and withdrawn, so though it may seem like I don't crave attention, I do, it just isin't so easily apearent. I guess it's been that way sence early childhood.

I've recently lost all my friends, and I like the solitude. I need this time alone. Self discovery is a lonely adventure, and I just couldin't handle my friends pressures to perform resting on my back.

I feel lost, and I don't know if I'll ever find the way back home.

I'd like to feel a unity with people, but first I need to feel a unity within myself.

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
Re: Do we really need each other? [Re: Warped_Ventricle] * 1
    #529322 - 01/23/02 05:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I find the surface-bullshit to be quite interesting. I find that the way to "break surface" as we're calling it is to link people's surface-bullshit to the "oneness" or higher-consciousness as it might be. I find everyone just about equally boring. What I find interesting is when people consiously act consistantly instead of pretending like they're random and too "complex" to be understood. I think that everyone has the potential to "get it" and that all of us has the potential to act like we don't. Some people just have more insecurities than others. Insecurity is natural too...look at how we treat each other. How many of you can honestly say that you've never kindled another human's insecurities in some way or another? Be kind.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale