Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDave_the_stoner
Stoner
Male User Gallery

Loc: North
psilocybin extraction question
    #5292204 - 02/12/06 08:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i was reading about psilocybin extraction in the growing section, and i was wondering if i pour ever clear in a colonized rye grain jar soak it and shake it to get the psilocybin all mixed in the alcohol and filter it, then bake it as the directions indicated, would that work. I've had no luck with agar in the past and thats what the technique says to use? sorry if my question sounds stupid, but "spike and mikes, sick and twisted animation film festival" is next weekend and i wont have any hallucinogens unless i can make something work.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself, get's rid of the pain of being a man."-Dr. Johnson

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: psilocybin extraction question [Re: Dave_the_stoner]
    #5292213 - 02/12/06 08:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm confused, how does the agar play into this?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineDave_the_stoner
Stoner
Male User Gallery

Re: psilocybin extraction question [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5292284 - 02/12/06 08:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

in the technique, it explains using agar as the medium to cultivate the mycelium.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself, get's rid of the pain of being a man."-Dr. Johnson

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: psilocybin extraction question [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5292289 - 02/12/06 08:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think he's talking about doing a psilocybin extraction from colonized substrate.

And to answer the OP's question, no that would not work. Baking would destroy the psilocybin molecules.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #5292292 - 02/12/06 08:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i think i saw some tek on the nook that could be done it 4 hours with very pure crystals but you need some chemicals found at hardware stores

--------------------

OfflineDave_the_stoner
Stoner
Male User Gallery

Re: psilocybin extraction question [Re: DeathCompany]
    #5292309 - 02/12/06 08:39 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

what kinda chemicals? and how would i do it?

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5292348 - 02/12/06 08:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You'd need lye, xylene, ascorbic acid, vinegar, MgSO4. Vitamin C seems to be the secret trick to allowing the psilocin to stay stable once extracted into crystal form; a problem that makes it not worth extracting to most people.

Here's triptamine's tek... hopefully he doesn't mind. Though of course I'll remove it if he does.
---------
The following method described shows an easy method to isolate pure psilocin from fungus in less than 4 hours. If a more pure product is wanted, the fairly pure psilocin can be recrystallized to produce large pure crystals.

20 grams of dried fungus is powdered in a coffee grinder to a fine powder. This is added to a glass container (~500 ml) along with 200 ml of distilled water and 40 ml distilled white vinegar (5% acidity). ~200 mg of vitamin C was also added to keep the psilocin from decomposing. This mixture was allowed to stir at room temperature for 1 hour and then the container was placed in a bath of boiling water to heat the mixture to 70 degrees C. After the mixture reached this temperature, it is filtered through multiple coffee filters (3-4 is good) and the filtered (be sure to squeeze out all the juice!) liquid is set into a cold water bath to cool it down. The extracted fungus is recovered and put into another container along with 150 ml water and 20 ml vinegar. This is again heated to 70 degrees C and then filtered as before. The filtrate is again cooled down and then added to the 1st extraction. The combined filtrates should give somewhere around 300 ml of liquid. Add about 30 ml of chloroform (xylene should also work, as psilocin is solubile in this as well) and begin stirring gently (you don't want emulsions, do you?). While stirring, SLOWLY add NaOH solution (~10 % NaOH is fine). I would suggest a drop by drop addition, as the pH can raise raphidly after a certain point. Target pH is 8, just try not to go over pH 9, as the alkaloids can decompose pretty fast at high pH. After the pH is at 8-9, continue to stir gently for about 20 minutes (electric stirrers are nice) and the psilocin will migrate into the chloroform (or xylene) layer. This is poured into a separatory funnel (or something similar) and the bottom chloroform layer is removed and set aside. The water layer is again stirred and 15 ml of chloroform is added for a second extraction. After 20 minutes of stirring, this is again separated in a separatory funnel and the chloroform recovered. These two chloroform extracts are combined and put into a small beaker. To this beaker, anhydrous MgSO4 is added (just oven dry epson salts in an oven at 450 degrees F for about an hour) to absorb any water. Usually only a gram or so is needed. Stir the chloroform with the MgSO4 for a minute or so and then filter through a "good quality" filter paper so you catch all the fine particles. The resulting chloroform layer will have a light yellow color. Now you have two choices:

You can evap the chloroform quickly to yield a fairly pure psilocin powder, or let it evaporate slowly to get larger and more pure crystals. Recrystallization can be carried out with methanol or a 3:1 heptane:chloroform. The recrystallized material is very pure and 20 mg is equivelent to 4-5 grams of mushrooms. Average yield for this method is about 60 mg of pure crystals (after recrystallization). The crystals do decompose at room temperature over time. The yellow crystals turn green in about a week or so if left out. To preserve the psilocin, put ~50 mg of psilocin in a small container and add ~50 mg ascorbic acid and 20 ml water. The psilocin will dissolve, but it does so slowly. You now have a solution with 2.5 mg psilocin per ml. This can be stored for many months in the refrigerator (possibly longer). An interesting note is that this "psilocin water" can be evaporated to give white needle crystals which don't seem to degrade at room temperature. Perhaps this is the way to stabilization!
-----------
And, the material was indeed tested.
Here's a shot of the final cystal from the 20 grams.
http://www.thenook.org/forum/uploads/post-14-1105465100.jpg

Hopefully this will lay to rest all the problems everyone here and at mycotopia have had with. A. rarely getting crystal and B. problems with it degrading.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #5292354 - 02/12/06 08:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

o shit beat me to it. i actually saw your name on the members logged on list. there's quite a few for teks on there. i recommend checking em out

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (02/12/06 08:56 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles