Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
Re: Mushroom KITS [Re: DyeGreen]
    #5289053 - 02/11/06 05:38 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

DyeGreen said:
Well I've read through a lot of stuff, (like the guy who linked the double tub method) and my major problem is I have no idea what anyone is talking about!

I dont know what a Tek is, I don't know what substrate is, I don't know what a casing layer is, the list goes on and on and on... So now that you truely know what a beginner I am, can I anyone link a complete, ground zero, place to start with maybe that PF Tek? (whatever that is).

My other concern is that after reading a few things, it looks like at some point I need to use cow poo.  Is there a way to mask the nasty smells?

ah, yes. i remember those days.  read up hommie. may the shwartz be with you~! :flowstone: :mrt: :flowstone: :smoking:

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinexxanxx
Mycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom KITS [Re: shroomsynergy]
    #5291049 - 02/12/06 11:41 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Yep.

--------------------
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-Hunter S. Thompson, RIP

OfflineSoulSuuckinJERK
Quit Fueling MySilent Rage

Re: Mushroom KITS [Re: xxanxx]
    #5291141 - 02/12/06 12:46 PM (15 years, 22 days ago)

I know its been said a million times, but i just have to agree that doing it yourself is a lot more satisfying, and will pay off in the end when you want to bulk up your grows. (just respect the roomie and his/her reaction to the whole thing)

oh & aged cow shit doesnt smell like shit, it smells like soil :smile: i have 30+ lbs in my house without a trace of "shit" odor...well except for my roommate who hasnt showered in 2 1/2 weeks (i kid you not, the kid is gross!)

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Mushroom KITS [Re: SoulSuuckinJERK]
    #5291304 - 02/12/06 02:25 PM (15 years, 22 days ago)

do searches for posts on stealth grows. You should be about to find set up that would work for you. The Double Tub is what you would want to do for the incubation period (getting your jars to colonize with mycelium)(mycelium= what shrooms grow from). The double tub is stealth no one would know what was going on except for tubs stacked up. After that pick one of the stealth setups from your search and then your on your way. After the jar is colonize you don't have to really worry about temps because room temperature will do it. Go to Wal-mart and buy a dozen wide mouth pint jars and get some verm, perlite, a timer for a power socket (can look at good will for that) and contact sponsor through the sponsor forum and see what deals are out there.

Tips: Follow the instructions to the T...meaning EXACT measurements and leveling off.

Patents...don't check your jars every day to see how they are coming along...

Wait until putting spores in the jars until the next day.

Use a Brazilian or Cambodian strain since they colonize fast and waiting is the worse thing for the first time.

Make a cheap glove box for inoculation because I know how messy my college apartment was...search glove box to see how to make.

Vermiculite can be found at good nursery's and some garden centers, Wal-Mart has perlite.

If you have any questions just PM me and I will try to help you out the best I can.

WB

--------------------

Edited by WhiteBunny (02/12/06 02:29 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation