Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics?
    #5284765 - 02/10/06 06:44 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

you guys know what im saying about "teach" you something.... so does saliva also do that?

i ordered 10x standardized from shamanspalace.com.... they have a free gift of some kind with every order as opposed to other sites you had to have a minimum order.

do they always send another psychoactive substance with their free gift... or is it just some junky herbal tea or something?

thanks!

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: agoutihead]
    #5284905 - 02/10/06 08:18 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I would have to say no. Salvia is so disorienting and ridiculous that its hard to get any meaning out of it. You feel so unbelievably disconnected and confused that if you were presented with something important, youd be too dizzy (not literally) to focus on it.
Salvia, to me, is like going psychotic for 15 minutes. It's certainly an experience, and it's something to try for sure, but don't expect it to change your life.

I don't know if everyone feels that way, but I certainly do.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #5284907 - 02/10/06 08:18 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

IMO it would have to depend on the setting, the dose, etc, etc to be taught something from any type of drug/psychadelic

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5284915 - 02/10/06 08:22 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've learned sometimes you have to go through hell to get somewhere good. That and a kick in the face (everytime I use salvia, this is the feeling) can be a good thing. I've learnt things from salvia, but they aren't things I can put into words...

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: demiu5]
    #5284960 - 02/10/06 08:39 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hmm. interesting... one person said no... couple other say possibly if you can focus and think clearly... if its possible obviously.

is it better to do a moderate dose in order to learn something than to take a high dose and be completly disoriented.

im thinking about doing this by myself in my own house.... the only person i would have sit with my is my fiance... but i dont know if i want to have her see me that way for 15 minutes and freak out cause she thinks im dying or something...

she and i have done many many psychedelics together though... so she knows what kind of a beast i can be.... but i dont want to black out and start throwing my arms around or something as some have proposed and accidentally hit her and she ends up getting hurt.

sometimes by yourself is the way to go. i cant wait for my next mushroom or lsd trip bymyself.

what can i say im a weirdo.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5285043 - 02/10/06 09:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i find it hard to take a moderate dose of salvia...you either breakthrough or you don't. After youve broken through, I dont know of anyone that asks for another hit.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#5285057 - 02/10/06 09:11 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If this is your first time using Salvia...my advice is to take it easy at first. Attempt to orient yourself as much as possible to the effects salvia can have. I know there are infinite possibilities, but at least try; get your feet wet before you dive in. Be comfortable, I like darkness moreso than light...personal preferences. Don't try to get up and move around...just let it floor you.

--------------------

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Veter]
    #5285059 - 02/10/06 09:12 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

say doing a certain amount of the 10x doesnt do much for me.. couldnt i just double up on the amount of the 10x instead of having to reorder a new 20x or 30x extract???

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#5285071 - 02/10/06 09:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure you've heard about the "reverse tolerance" salvia has. If it doesn't do anything the first time, smoke another bowl of it (probably one hit). I prefer to use my water bong because I get little effect using my pipe. Technically, I guess you could double up...but it could turn out to be more than you want. One hit at a time is the way I like to do it, but, again, that's just personal preference.

Also, I don't know about others here, but I do not like mixing cannabis and salvia. Actually, I was told during one of my salvia trips not to use them both at the same time...so I listen to that voice now.

--------------------

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5285205 - 02/10/06 09:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i love weed... weed is my "classic" drug of choice.. while psychedelics are my "favorite" drug of choice.

i smoke weed everyday.... and definitally when im doing psychedelics... but for salvia i will be stone cold sober when i do it to get its full effects.

how often can you smoke salvia to obtain the same desired results?

once a day? once a week? several times a day?

whats the limit? when does it lose its "potency"?

--------------------

OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
    #5285271 - 02/10/06 10:12 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Salvia is deffinitly the most intense trip I've had to this day. You can feel the effects taking hold, and then once it has you it will bend and stretch you in every way imaginable. It was quite mindblowing, almost like an OBE (guessing). Be careful, the door will hit you on your way out if you aren't respectful.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #5285312 - 02/10/06 10:21 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

YES!!

salvia breakthrough can be like a glimpse at "the big picture" behind the illusion of ego, and self.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #5285529 - 02/10/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

There is a reason the natives call her "the teacher plant" 

I believe she is teaching us to dream, to travel, to heal, to treat each other better, that we all go to the same place (among other things); but hey I'm just some crazy hippie on the net :wink:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: schmutzen]
    #5285597 - 02/10/06 11:47 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hmm all very intersting... i cant wait!

have any of you guys done this alone?

or done it alone the first time?

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#5285616 - 02/10/06 11:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I did it alone the first time. And I've done it alone a few other times, and I'll probably be doing it tonight or tomorrow night...it's been over a month since the last time.

Edit: For me, using Salvia with other people around is too weird. I get warm and sweat a fair amount. Any time I've done it with people, it seems like they shouldn't be there...at all.

--------------------

Edited by demius (02/10/06 11:57 AM)

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
    #5285619 - 02/10/06 11:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

didn't teach me shit. only thing i got taught by salvia is how to be really fucked up for a few minutes. mushrooms are definately more of an ego-loss, ''thinking about life'' kind of drug.

atleast for me.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: duggan18]
    #5285755 - 02/10/06 12:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

salvia IS a teacher. you can learn many things from a teacher of this caliber. Everyway salvia affects you is a lesson, they way you feel, the way you move, what you hear, what you see... I believe a great shaman once said 'It doesn?t matter how much you reveal, what matters is the personal power of those you reveal it to.'

You will get from it what your level of awareness allows you to get from it.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5285908 - 02/10/06 01:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

man im SO pumped to try such a new and different LEGAl mind blowing drug.

--------------------

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
    #5285931 - 02/10/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

salvia is an IMMENSE learning tool

you just need to do it in the right setting.

its up there with DMT and very high dose acid trips with the mindblowing revelations it can give you.

but that's only if you use it right.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: dubbyah]
    #5286226 - 02/10/06 02:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

well i used to do drugs to just get fucked up... now after going to the symposium... i realize the tools they are and have a completly different mind set for their use.

i turn into a mad scientist when im on it.

--------------------

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Veter]
    #5286552 - 02/10/06 04:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Veter said:
i find it hard to take a moderate dose of salvia...you either breakthrough or you don't. After youve broken through, I dont know of anyone that asks for another hit.

This is about right.

I haven't learned anything from salvia. It's too brief and insane to gleam anything specific from it. For me, at least.

Offlinegratefulgere
Master of Appearance

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: supersapien]
    #5287074 - 02/10/06 07:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I'd agree with Veter too. The first time I fought off breaking through. It scared the shit out of me. A hole opened up in the wall I was leaning on, and was sucking me into it. The second time I let go and went for the ride. It was definetly an out of body experience. It took me to a place I knew I didn't belong being. It was like dying, I wasn't dead and wasn't supposed to be there. I'll never touch that again, but if your gonna do it, then do it, 13x out of a bong!

--------------------
Encourage Critical Thinking

OfflineTrunkspace
Televangelist

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: gratefulgere]
    #5287592 - 02/10/06 11:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've had pretty positive experiences on Salvia, so far. When I first got ahold of some, I did it alone in my bed. I fell back through my bed into an abyss, and met a presence. It wasn't scary or comforting it just existed in the abyss. Very interesting entheogen.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Trunkspace]
    #5287595 - 02/10/06 11:13 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

IM this dude

redgreenvines

salvia tryed to show me something.... but i couldnt see it
it tryed to teach me something.... but was speaking in tongues

it doesnt teach so as others do, it asks for things in return

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlineheidegger
Stranger

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #5287946 - 02/11/06 05:46 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think Salvia "taught" me way more than any other entheogenic substance. The "lessons" are by far deeper, more memorable and integrable than, say, psilocybin. Most of the people that state that it is just "disconnecting" are doing things wrong, I guess. With Salvia, being in a meditative state, in a dark and silent environment is an absolute necessity to get real effects. You do not need large doses of Salvia in this setting either.

My typical dose of Salvia produces profound insights with eyes closes. But when I open my eyes, I feel almost normal, fully in control and coherent. If I would use the same dose of Salvia in daylight and with open eyes, I wouldn't notice much effects.

Yes, setting DOES play such an important part in the Salvia experience. More so than with any other psychoactive substance.

Edited by heidegger (02/11/06 10:37 AM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: heidegger]
    #5287952 - 02/11/06 05:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Salvia takes you into "his" world. "he" is totally in control there and can show you anything and everything. His world is like a magnificent classroom. He will only teach you if he likes your energy. Thats what he takes in return for the lesson. He takes some of your energy because he needs it for power. He replaces it with some of his own more electric energy. You will notice that after your trip.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5288086 - 02/11/06 08:16 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics?"

It taught me not to smoke it....

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: mediman0078]
    #5288198 - 02/11/06 09:25 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mediman0078 said:
"does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics?"

It taught me not to smoke it....

hell yeah  :royalrainbow:

--------------------

Offlineheidegger
Stranger

#5288332 - 02/11/06 10:52 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
Salvia takes you into "his" world. "he" is totally in control there and can show you anything and everything.

You are the first person I encounter that sees Salvia as male, not as female.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: heidegger]
    #5288602 - 02/11/06 12:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

heidegger said:
Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
Salvia takes you into "his" world. "he" is totally in control there and can show you anything and everything.

You are the first person I encounter that sees Salvia as male, not as female.

I never understood the whole idea of giving it a gender in the first place. It never seemed male or female to me.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5288704 - 02/11/06 01:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I figure female because I've heard female voices whilst on it.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#5288777 - 02/11/06 01:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it took the physical form of my friend and shifted it into an AI biomachine - accordingly since my friend was male, i perceived the entity i was in communication with as male. Interestingly enough because of web indoctrination i do feel sally is female in prescense, if i get introspective i view her as i would view a mother. She is the tao, the ultimate reality from which all creation and destruction that ever is or ever was, was birthed from.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: PDU]
    #5288866 - 02/11/06 02:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Salvia is harsh and firm with me. Seems to be "male like" with me. I give Salvia a gender because it makes it easier to talk about - not because I think its a male. I have other friends that see Salvia as masculine aswell. Alot of people assume female gender assignment simply because thats what they have read. Others because Salvia nurtures them or seems in someother way feminine. Salvias face gives you no clue about its gender. I dont believe Salvia has gender - it just makes it easier to talk about when you assign one relitave to your experience.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
Loc: Colorado
    #5288984 - 02/11/06 02:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i think many people learn something from salvia...expecially when their smokin it just to get fucked up, not knowing what it is. One of my friends like this said he went through hell and back when he smoked salvia. He didnt drink or smoke for like 5 months after that experience.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#5288985 - 02/11/06 02:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

do you feel that the designation you give it may impact the experience with subconscious expectations?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5289005 - 02/11/06 03:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Not sure if it could impact the experience but it could impact the interpretation of the experience.

Those could also be seen as the same thing depending on your perspective...

I guess the most straight foreword answer I can give you is, I don?t know.

What do you think?

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#5289018 - 02/11/06 03:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Im not too sure either - when i first did Salvia everything that terrence Mckenna and John C. Lilly wrote about regarding ultimate reality and god constructs started to make sense... I threw away any perception of "god" that i held before..

Its only recently that ive abandoned "the search for knowledge" and surrendered and accepted that i am here to "experience" and "be"..

That is to say i have no conscious expectations anymore, and i think when i dare to visit sally again, i will be rewarded..

(sorry, thats loopy.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5289059 - 02/11/06 03:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No man, I get you :smile:

At this point I am convinced that my purpose is to help raise peoples levels of awareness. I know that this may sound arrogant but I am sure that my awareness is a good way beyond that of ordinary man. I feel that going much further by myself is not part of the plan. Now I have to find a way to help raise others. This is incredibly difficult and perhaps my efforts are futile, but I figure its worth a shot...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5289485 - 02/11/06 05:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

man all this talk... my mouth is watering!!

mine still isnt here yet which means i probably wont get it till monday... so i wont be doing it until next saturday.

we shall see.

--------------------

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
    #5315895 - 02/19/06 09:03 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

demius said:
I figure female because I've heard female voices whilst on it.

same... the question is why!?!?!?!

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
    #5315905 - 02/19/06 09:15 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

heheh.. thats how I felt when I was waiting for mine.. Now its here and it just sits there after I smoked it once..

Edited by sHrOoMeRrR420 (02/19/06 09:17 AM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: sHrOoMeRrR420]
    #5315910 - 02/19/06 09:19 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you feel like there is an entity there because THERE IS ONE. why else?

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5360677 - 03/03/06 05:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I keep saying that as you enter "salvia space" things persist longer and intermingle - things you carry into salvia space become background motifs and structural elements binding the fragments of experience that emerge there with cartoon animated personality.

a feeling of slow becomes verrrry faaasssttt! especially as the thickening collection of elongated wakes of passing events freeze in an expanding multiverse.

the result is an organiform a living mandala - full of personality.

then it pretends to be normal but it is the looking glass world - you are on the other side.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5360795 - 03/03/06 06:46 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

hmm. I should be able to get the house to myself again this weekend... so im going to try out that 20x and let you guys know.

Elgr... you really need to keep one name... im getting too confused. heh.

--------------------

OfflineGopal
Strange

#5361333 - 03/03/06 12:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I definately think that salvia teaches. There has been much more of a "presense" with salvia than with anything else I have taken. It has always seemed like a feminine presense to me. I can understand how others say it doesn't teach them shit, because the trip is really wierd and short. I find that if I start meditating as soon as I come back to the room that insights will just flow into my mind. I can usually stay in a very deep meditative state for quite awhile after the intense part wears off. I think that to garner value from salvia use one has to give themselves a quiet introspective time afterward to integrate the rush which came before. I have found that one can attend to the salvia trip or ignore it. I think this is why some say it doesn't do anything to them. The more times I have taken it and the more I relax, the farther it will take me. Sound seems especially intrusive to the experience. Even when in the thick of the high, if someone talks to me, I can hear them and understand what is being said without difficulty. My best experiences have been alone in a quiet and dark room.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Gopal]
    #5361501 - 03/03/06 01:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

see i think from my first experince.. that i may want music. i NEED it for everything else.

everyone is different too.

--------------------

Offline33L
Stranger

#5361863 - 03/03/06 02:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think the better, more relevant question is, can "you" learn anything from salvia?

--------------------
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.

Philip Kindred Dick

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: 33L]
    #5363362 - 03/03/06 10:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

or what can be learned by shifting mind states
by changes in resonance, and associativity;
by changes in a sense of time
or a shifted sense of space(s).

--------------------

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5364782 - 03/04/06 02:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

My little ritual for getting the most out of Salvia.

1. Meditate on your intentions.
2. Make an offering.
3. Burn incense around your area.
4. Write her a short letter requesting help in a chosen area.
5. Don't move for at least 10 min after you think the effects are over.

Draw, write, make music or whatever activity that you enjoy and feel brings out your creative juices to try to integrate the experience into your life :sun:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: schmutzen]
    #5365297 - 03/04/06 06:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

namaste said:
My little ritual for getting the most out of Salvia.

1. Meditate on your intentions.
2. Make an offering.
3. Burn incense around your area.
4. Write her a short letter requesting help in a chosen area.
5. Don't move for at least 10 min after you think the effects are over.

Aren't devils conjured up the same way?

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: chodamunky]
    #5365546 - 03/04/06 07:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

choda... what do you mean?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5365562 - 03/04/06 07:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

some rituals seem superstitious or
artificially supplicative.

for me the approach is interest.
maybe a passionate interest in everything

no special requests
and no attempted appeasements.

the universe will resonate at a greater intensity and that is the essence of my interest.

--------------------

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#5366007 - 03/04/06 10:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

agoutihead said:
you guys know what im saying about "teach" you something.... so does saliva also do that?

i ordered 10x standardized from shamanspalace.com.... they have a free gift of some kind with every order as opposed to other sites you had to have a minimum order.

do they always send another psychoactive substance with their free gift... or is it just some junky herbal tea or something?

thanks!

Its different for everybody, at the time it could even seem like it isnt teaching you rather messing with you, afterwards you could feel that u were taught something or feel that it was great or that it did diddly shit for you, theres a lot of other possibilities ranging from person to person, personaly I was given an insight on things that was going on with myself that I could not "mentally" understand untill I felt undercontrol by "her" as most call it, which in terms that you may understand "the salvia teacher/salvia is her", I smoked this leaf with many people too many to count, nost didnt feel anything but a wierd or uncomfortable feeling that was happening to their feeling of touch and they felt as if gravity had increased around their body and it forcked them to sink into the ground (or w/e they were standing/sitting on), some who had done salvia for the first time felt their first time had said that they thought after revision that they were either somewhere else or something else and they claimed that they had learned something new but not necessarily spiritual and not like a lecture about what you should do it was in my explanation a force that shouldnt be denied and should be respected and trusted so I felt the insightfull experiences were happening to motivate/show/make/change myself and actually understand why I should. Its hard to decribe but once you do it if you do it you'll understand eventually, usually you need a full on breakthrough before you know. I feel like ordering sum salvia now its been a year if I can remember correctly.

Salvia is trully phycedelic and very powerfull when smoked correctly and the potency of the leaf is as strong as "you" need it to be. In low doses its even considered a strong drug and scary since for most it is very uncomfortable due to salvia gravity, I dont like it much either since it makes my feeling of touch similar to that of your foot being asleep and having ocntact to anything though it only lasts 1-3 min and theres no time disorienting unless you have a breakthrough that can feel or you can sense time has completely stopped and will/could (many words explain this) be menacingly scary, I love salvia mmmm sage, what a blast its definently an adventure. I ordered McDonalds on salvia (not literally, hullcinations) I got chicken strips, fries, n medium soda and squezzed the employs breast (dunno why but I had to touch something :wink:) it had actually felt real, which now I realise it was just the salvia gravity that brought me to think this at the time. Oh how I wish I could revisit that experience :frown: sadly I never did afterwards, only a circus, africas safari (pet a tiger, only on salvia), a dream I had as a child, and a gust of wind that I felt I was.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (03/04/06 11:09 PM)

Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Loc: Cali
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #5366355 - 03/05/06 01:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

does this drug have physical or mental side effects?

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5366360 - 03/05/06 01:37 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ask Erowids Page - What health risks might be associated with its use?.
The leaves of the plant have been used by Mazatec Indians for hundreds of years without any reported health risks and no evidence of addiction. Salvia divinorum?s popularity amongst contemporary psychonauts increased slowly through the 1980s and early 1990s and then more rapidly since the first 'X' extracts began to be marketed in 1997. Although there have undoubtedly been tens of thousands of people who have now tried S. divinorum (if not more), many people only try it once or a few times, and decide that they don?t need to experiment further or just dislike the effects. This sort of experimental use is not very likely to have any serious detrimental effects caused directly by the plant's compounds, regardless of how it is ingested.

Problems of Smoking People who smoke the plant on a regular basis might have some concern about potentially detrimental effects on the lungs. There is increasing evidence that any inhaled particulate matter is unhealthy. However, such use is extremely unlikely to cause damage comparable to chronic cigarette smoking. We have never heard of a 'daily' smoker of S. divinorum, let alone someone who smokes it many times per day. Those who use the concentrated 'X' extracts may benefit from not having to inhale as much smoke; the more potent the extract, the less smoke that needs to be inhaled. Perhaps the biggest problem with more potent extracts is that users are more likely to accidentally smoke a stronger dose than they intend to. Overly large doses can be extremely frightening, can cause one to stumble around unaware of one?s surroundings, or may cause black outs. Clearly it could be dangerous to do such doses alone and particularly if one is near busy streets, swimming pools, fire, large bodies of water, glass objects, etc. It is always better to take S. divinorum at 'ground level' (we heard of one person lunging toward a balcony in a second-story hotel room, who had to be restrained by the sitters).

Accidents The most common adverse events reported so far associated with using Salvia divinorum are simply accidents such as bruises, cuts, and burns from falling or dropping a lighter or pipe.

Traumatic Experience Perhaps the second most likely adverse effect of using Salvia divinorum is having a difficult psycho-spiritual experience. As with any strong psychoactive, acute anxiety reactions from unexpected or unwanted experiences can lead to lasting feelings of dysphoria in a small number of users. Although lasting anxiety is uncommon, the primary treatment is discontinuing use of Salvia divinorum and other entheogens and symptomatic treatment for anxiety such as relaxation, rest, regular excercise, sleeping well, and talking about one's feelings.

Oral Toxicity If one drinks an infusion or chews the leaves, it is more difficult to take an overly large dose. There are no reports yet of physically toxic reactions (hospitalizations or serious problems due to pharmacological reactions). The current view is that the leaves are effectively 'non-toxic' and that it would be difficult to eat or chew enough to cause serious injury or lasting adverse health reactions. Generally, no lasting side-effects are reported from consuming S. divinorum. On rare occasions people get mild nausea from oral consumption. The acute effects can cause people to be dizzy and uncoordinated.

Addiction There is no evidence that the plant or its primary active compound in isolation, salvinorin A, are habit forming or physically addictive. Those who use S. divinorum as a tool for spiritual or psychological insight have reported the difficult to quantify 'health benefits' of stress reduction, centering, a greater understanding of the world and their place in it, and/or a feeling of connectedness to the universe. One psychologist wrote an article for the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology (2001; 21: 634?635) about how his patient who was using S. divinorum found it to be useful for combatting the symptoms of her depression. See http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=1316. A religious group in Canada has been using low doses of S. divinorum as an aid to their meditations. See www.maps.org/news-letters/v09n1/09136sou.html and www.maps.org/research/Salvia/sdmeditation.html and www.maps.org/news-letters/v10n1/10106upd.html..

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (03/05/06 01:39 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5366530 - 03/05/06 04:57 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

it remains non poisonous at a 10000 times the concentration which would provide a most intense experience. so no one has yet managed to experience salvinorin toxic effects. (check ld-50)

savako's summary of incidental physical and impressionable dangers and pitfalls is good.

IMO the teacher is the student's attitude, the teaching is everything that exists. These medicines open up a wee crack for the light - briefly.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5366676 - 03/05/06 08:29 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think that the "gravity" or "weight" salvia puts on you is a lesson in itself.  :yinyang:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5366886 - 03/05/06 09:58 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i did feel the "Gravity" on my body the first time i smoked it and tried to get up.

that "body scan" i got was still the weirdest thing ive ever felt.

no dice this weekend... and i dont know when ill be able to again.... i wish it was summer here so i could just smoke it outside already.

is smoking salvia in "nature" really cool?

--------------------

OfflineNewAgeDiciple
Follower of One

#5371195 - 03/06/06 03:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

God I hope so...

--------------------
Smile, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle -philo of Alexandria

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: NewAgeDiciple]
    #5371328 - 03/06/06 03:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Tought me I was part of a zipper.

Not sure where the plant got this information, though...

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #5371358 - 03/06/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

is smoking salvia in "nature" really cool?

definately, had some of my best experiences in a forest just sitting around and writing down crazy amazing thoughts that were coming into my head. maybe I'll post them up some time.

OfflineSawnia
MakeBelieve...Isay
Female User Gallery

#8527171 - 06/15/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I know what your asking but no it doesn't do that.  ITs just a weird high and 10x is not strong at all.It's like getting hit with a giant weight of gravity. Id pick shrooms over salvia anyday.

--------------------
"...most of the smart people I know do drugs, but it isn't that so many smart people do drugs, it's that so many people who would be smart are too close minded to be."-quote

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Sawnia]
    #8527199 - 06/15/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

haha the last post before yours was made on march 6, 2006.

easy mistake to make tho just watch out next time you noob:grin:.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Herbus]
    #8527207 - 06/15/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hmm I learned I was part of a chain link fence.
not particularly educational, imo.
what are you supposed to learn off of ego-obliterators, aside from you being  nothing more than a wormy POS in the grand scheme of things?

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

OfflineAvalanche
Psychonautical Engineer

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: piracetam]
    #8537640 - 06/18/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've had my handful of experiences and I can't honestly say I have learned anything huge from it, but I have learned a few things that nobody can put into words.  Mostly what happens is I get blasted with a new type of gravity-like force and it causes my existence to go flying around in a spiral/wheel like thing.  I don't see too many things, if I do, it's my environment getting warped into this wheel thing.  Pretty crazy stuff.

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#8538084 - 06/18/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

A salvia breakthrough while peaking on shrooms... nothing in the world compares. It doesn't teach, it enlightens. It was one of the few experiences that I came away from a profoundly changed human.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: astronaut]
    #8538113 - 06/18/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

in my experience the only thing i learned from salvia was not too do it again i didnt like how it made me feel. I felt dirty afterwards, very greasy its just not the thing for me. I like shrooms and cid sooo mush better.

InvisiblePluth
The Man of The Hour
 User Gallery

#8538168 - 06/18/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Salvia definitely taught me to appreciate gravity, lol.

I have smoked it several times and every time has been with other people.  I was smoking like 30x stuff and it blew my mind.  I can't even try to explain it to you (at least not over the internet.)  My friend and I smoked a gram of 30x stuff in one sitting and I thought I was in another dimension and he was talking to someone who wasn't there.  That is the best description I can give of just one of my trips and every single one has been different.

Just respect the plant and it will respect you back with a good time and possibly some knowledge about yourself.

--------------------
I do not, nor will I ever manufacture or distribute a substance which is illegal in any country.  Anything I post is purely for entertainment and scientific research purposes.  It is all theory.  Nothing I post is serious and it is generally nonsense.  With that said, LEO's can go to hell.

OfflineVeeK
Life's a lesson.
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Pluth]
    #8538286 - 06/18/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I delved into DMT before salvia. Can't wait to try it if my experiences with DMT are anything to go by.

I have an attraction to the sense of losing control :grin:

Would anybody who's tried both substances care to elaborate on the differences?

--------------------
"The Idea that propagates the evolution of the mind is greater than one lifetime.."

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #8538769 - 06/18/08 09:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If nothing else, bravery.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #8538799 - 06/18/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think any drug 'teaches' us anything. Rather some drugs just help one to look at things with a new perspective and an altered consciousness.

OfflineVeeK
Life's a lesson.
Male User Gallery

Re: does salvia "teach" you something like other psychedelics? [Re: Boots]
    #8539428 - 06/19/08 01:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Boots said:
I don't think any drug 'teaches' us anything. Rather some drugs just help one to look at things with a new perspective and an altered consciousness.

You're right there, it's as if life is one big puzzle and psychedelics allow you to piece corners of it together. It's up to us to complete the rest.

--------------------
"The Idea that propagates the evolution of the mind is greater than one lifetime.."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale