Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
liquid culture - germination after one day?!
    #4095623 - 04/25/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i knocked up some karo water the other day and the next dy it showed signs of growth looking like myc but im worried that its a contam cuz i heard u had to wait like 7 days for signs of growth. my question, withotu pics is this likely a contam or is it jus super fast, the strain was PESA.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: liquid culture - germination after one day?! [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4095641 - 04/25/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's perfectly possible that you'll see growth after one day, if you were lucky enough to get some particularly good spores. It's also perfectly possible it's a contamination. Without a picture or a more detailed description, it's impossible to say.

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4095642 - 04/25/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

here is my 2 cents. Same thing happened to me looked like myc after a day turned out i was cultreing trichoderma. Semi embarassing. I recommened you isolate but continue to incubate you'll know in a week if its a contam. If you still cant tell do a couple test jars

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: liquid culture - germination after one day?! [Re: xburn]
    #4095713 - 04/25/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thanks all

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4095751 - 04/25/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

a  more detailed description-
there is some sort of mycelium floating around with a few tiny dark dots
there is also smaller clumps of mycelium that werent there before today, im not sure if its cubensis mycelium though, could it be cobweb?
i'll try to get a pic but i think someone stole my digital camera! :confused: :mad2:

--------------------

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (04/25/05 03:41 PM)

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4095811 - 04/25/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

black dots are no bueno, unless its just a clump of spores from inocculation. What size are we talking?

second you'll know its cobeb if all your shit turns green. since its karo you should be able to tell in a week or so by judging the color of the myc

have you ever seen cobweb?

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4095819 - 04/25/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yea ive had cobweb on a number of occasions it was white stringy and has black dots in it. im praying that the black dots are spores

--------------------

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4096127 - 04/25/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well i wish you best of luck

--------------------

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#5284464 - 02/10/06 02:04 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

A foaf is in the same bind you are...wondering if his LC is full of spores or contams...patience I suppose.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains