Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
the US governments new toy?
    #5281926 - 02/09/06 01:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=703

an indexing tool that will allow the government to index the entire net and track the way its used? a database that huge could be used to demolish the little but of privacy we have left...

for instance, the number of times ive visited the shroomery, which could then be referenced with the criminal records database that says i have an unpaid ticket. combine the 2 and BAM!

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Edited by rDr4g0n (02/09/06 02:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5285261 - 02/10/06 10:09 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

OMG. If that comes into place im leaving the country. That's just too much.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5285572 - 02/10/06 11:37 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

remmeber the US government created the internet. the backbone servers are in our country (15 i think). whats to have kept them from already monitoring all the traffic through the backbones? thats why i think its not as safe to post on shroomery as we all think it is...

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5286322 - 02/10/06 03:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

^^^^^^^^^^
yup I'm always surprised at how suprising this stuff is to most people. I mean if you have a computer thats pretty fast and they have huge ass supercomputers with nothing better to do than play chess, then you HAVE to assume the CIA, NSA, Government etc.., have MUCH better ones RIGHT NOW. Its just common sense.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
    #5286461 - 02/10/06 04:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rDr4g0n said:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=703

an indexing tool that will allow the government to index the entire net and track the way its used? a database that huge could be used to demolish the little but of privacy we have left...

for instance, the number of times ive visited the shroomery, which could then be referenced with the criminal records database that says i have an unpaid ticket. combine the 2 and BAM!

Even if they did obtain your IP, How would they link your shroomery SN to your name/record? Did I miss something else when I read that...Ya this is kinda scary but it looks like its being built around pursing terrorist activity and stuff. Thats why stuff like this and the patriot act are allowed to exist. Until I see the Feds start breaching privacy for other reasons besides terrorism is when I will become concerned.

Offlinejoker_66599
NOOB / SMALLTIME GROWER
Male User Gallery

Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: OrizonsHorizon]
    #5287308 - 02/10/06 09:03 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i always thought and told people u you don't want some one knowing something don't have it on your computer. I was once in to the whole hacking and cracking thing years ago before i turned 18 when my mom asked me to stop. but yeah i don't keep shit on my computer some times i do but thats on a diffrent HD. that is sitting in my desk draw. only hook it up when my LAN cable is unpluged.

and i know i post on here about growing and shit but who is to say i am growing and that i am just not some nerd acting like i am growing and shit u know.

Joker

--------------------

?¿
¿?
I don't really grow mushrooms I just act like it to be coo.
?¿
¿?

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: joker_66599]
    #5288090 - 02/11/06 08:20 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

^^ yea your just a fake grower because you think its cool, as everyone here :wink:

this is fucking ridicouls, so basically they can search the whole net for whatever they want.  Exactly how would this affect people?

By seeing who posts or searches what and where there from?

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5288848 - 02/11/06 02:11 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

they've had shit like this for years, but the bottleneck has always been manpower.

all those cameras, not enough eyes to watch them.

even with gear like this, the enforcement of american laws is still like firing a shotgun at a spread out group of people a mile away.

Offlineshroominghell
Stranger
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5289526 - 02/11/06 05:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

things like this make me happy to be in canada

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: shroominghell]
    #5289720 - 02/11/06 07:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Come on man, don't you keep up? Canada took down overgrow, and a couple other sites too. Us "drug users" aren't safe anywhere.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: Hrethic]
    #5290349 - 02/11/06 10:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

the main deal here is that theyre widening their surveillance of everything you do. they can compile a list of all teh sites you go to, determine what your interested in, when you surf the net, how long, what bank you bank with. cross reference that with your name, address, spouse name. the point is theyre making a database with even more personal info. the data alone is totally harmless, but the accumulation of all the data is what can be insane. theyll know stuff about you that you dont even know.

also, for instance, i use this sn on a few other message boards with some bits of personal info about me (like my name for instance) they look for rDr4g0n on their copy of the net, find every instance, every post ive ever made. pic out times ive used my real name, perhaps even my address, whatever.

the point is, the data is there to be mined as they see fit. its really scary what they can discover when they have access to such a huge database.

once again, its not the little bits of info, its what the sum of all the bits together can mean.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5291285 - 02/12/06 12:17 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

from http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos160.htm#emply

"Police and detectives held about 842,000 jobs in 2004...various Federal agencies employed about 6 percent."

6% of 842,000= 50,520 federal law enforcement agents

Population of US: 280 million

Average time it takes to investigate and prosecute someone: 1-2 years.

I'm not worried.

Edited by DoctorJ (02/12/06 12:31 PM)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5291868 - 02/12/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

dude they will have computer programs that will do the work for them this is all data gathering and processing. A computer will make connections easy think how fast it is to search google, they are making a search engine for PEOPLE. I dont htinkg you fully grasp this docJ.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: blaze2]
    #5293508 - 02/13/06 12:31 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

lol they would only bust people that have huge grow ops (more than likely it wont be shrooms, it will be weed xtc lsd cocaine ect ect.
my cousin is a cop and i asked him about a few things like how many people actually get busted for growin shrooms and how much they care they really don't care that much they have bigger fish to fry like that guy that just made 10 lbs of meth down the street.

and if you say on some board yea i grow xxxx or whatever and they have your real name address blah blah they still don't have enough for a search warrant they have to find something int he trash or on you or a narc so really this is just to scare the morons into thinking that some thing bad is ganna happen, and scare them from even thinking about growing what ever the hell they are growing

and that is my 0.02

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Offlinekyonshibeta
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5293703 - 02/13/06 03:35 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You guys now about CARNIVORE, right? Basically CARNIVORE is the NSAs program to backlog all IP traffic, posting, and email transmissions everywhere worldwide. The NSA has had CARNIVORE up for more than 10 years; adding the info from that program to what they can get from ADVISE is a scary prostpect. Don't doubt that they can't get your passwords and SNs from here and everywhere you've ever been. Everything you've ever searched on any engine has been backlogged along with your IP at the engine source, which the NSA obviously has access to. They take your known IP from your provider, link it with their search parameters and BAM (to steal a phrase) They know everywhere you've ever been (and that I have a penchant for hardcore German shiza videos...).
And everyone that thinks PGP will save them just has to remember that even though PGP is impossible to crack, your password is not. A billion computations a second can retrieve a password of 20bits in less than an hour. Even easier, they can just get ahold of your providers records with your password saved in it. "But they'd need a warrant to search that!" You say. They didn't have one to take google's records and they didn't have one for the THOUSANDS of people's calls they tapped into over the past 5 years.
My advice, get a gun and a nonexpiring ticket to the nederlands. You'll need one of them when they come.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
-----

GOD SAVE MARC EMERY!!!!!!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: kyonshibeta]
    #5293837 - 02/13/06 06:08 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

> Basically CARNIVORE is the NSAs program to backlog all IP traffic

Basically, YOU are INCORRECT. The FBI is the AGENCY using CARNIVORE, not the NSA. Trust me, the NSA has much COOLER toys to PLAY with than CARNIVORE.

> The NSA has had CARNIVORE up for more than 10 years;

Again, you ARE incorrect. The ORIGINAL system used by the FBI was called OMNIVORE, and was completed in 1997, running on Unix. The FBI released CARNIVORE in 1999, running on Windows NT. The NSA was not involved WITH either system.

> even though PGP is impossible to crack,

Again, YOU are INCORRECT. The only uncrackable ENCRYPTION that I KNOW of is based upon QUANTUM physics. PGP is trivial to crack if one CAN quickly factor extremely LARGE numbers. This has been PROVEN, mathematically.

> Even easier, they can just get ahold of your providers records with your password saved in it.

Again, you ARE incorrect. PGP keys are not transfered OVER the network. The reason for THIS is to thwart the man-in-the-middle ATTACK.

> A billion computations a second can retrieve a password of 20bits in less than an hour.

Source please. I have never looked into this, but from what I remember of PGP and the way the private keys are encrypted, this is most likely incorrect. Not that I care, my PGP password is over 400 bits long. (Yes, my PGP password is near 60 characters long... I may not wear a tinfoil hat, but that is no reason not to be safe.)

> My advice, get a gun and a nonexpiring ticket to the nederlands.

Stupid advise. How about, don't worry, be happy, and don't post about the illegal stuff you do on the internet?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: Seuss]
    #5294274 - 02/13/06 10:35 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i got a gun already lol

but seriously though, warrants are a joke. if a fed wants a warrant they will fabricate one in whichever manner is easiest for them.

i was getting worried that growing my own shrooms would land me 10 years in jail minimum since i live here in texas. when i first started growing i figured "of course they have bigger fish to fry. why are they gonna waste their time with some small time grower whos growing for himself?" well from what else ive read on this forum it seems like they do waste their time bustin nobodies. the feds may have long drawn out investigations, but local cops will throw you in jail and let you wait there for the investigation to take place.

stupid us govt.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#5295754 - 02/13/06 04:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

teh nobodies is where they get their money man. I got busted with a joint, and it cost me 1000 and 90 hours slave labor. Now think how many times that happens in a day, month, year. There is the reason drugs are still illgeal.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: blaze2]
    #5298164 - 02/14/06 05:56 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

> money ... is the reason drugs are still illgeal.

Yep.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: the US governments new toy? [Re: Seuss]
    #5310002 - 02/17/06 10:27 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Whether or not they can cross-reference is beside the point. If they want something, they will get it. So don't make it so they want something. It's that simple.

Make no mistake, I'm as disgusted as you all are, but common sense goes a long way for security.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder