Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: MOTH]
    #3484860 - 12/12/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think I'm done here.good bye and take care.marry Christmas and to all a happy new year.

--------------------
Go to medal of honor allied assault and die by my hands.spearhead {game spy)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: eddstack]
    #3485000 - 12/12/04 01:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You too, and again I'm very sorry for your loss.  :heart:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: gdman]
    #3490158 - 12/13/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'll raise that up to $1,000.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #3490463 - 12/13/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Any idiot can type "magic mushrooms" in google find this site and say "hey, I wanna fuck with the hippies". Happened a couple times at DMT World.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3493121 - 12/13/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I would take you up on that bet ChiefTunderThong but I doubt you would ever deliver the cash.so sad......I will be at the hearing in January bring your money I will provide proof.you see my pic so you know who to look for.
see you there.
Edna

--------------------
Go to medal of honor allied assault and die by my hands.spearhead {game spy)

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #3496785 - 12/14/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How the hell can you say "mushrooms have you by the balls",
when it's literally impossible to trip more than once a week?

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3497126 - 12/14/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You ever read the art of war? It's this big thick book written by this visionary Sun Tzu, he wrote this book a long, long time ago around 500 BC actually. What's amazing is that the principles in this book still apply today, here is a little tiny snippet: "All war is based on deception." This little quote should conger up some images of some modern wars: WW II, Vietnam, The second Gulf War, The War on Terror, The war on drugs... Tekno, this is probably why she feels the way she does, it's not her fault. From a young age we are fed in the form of scare stories and DARE programs from the propaganda machine. This is why people feel that drugs do all kinds of crazy things that they do not. Granted I'm not saying that all drugs are good. Drugs cannot be "good or bad", those are human traits. Psychedelics are drugs, but they are a little bit different, they are in their own category.

What makes these drugs so interesting is that when ingested they do not have "set effects". Drugs that have set effects are drugs like coke, opiates, meth, etc. These psychedelic drugs depend on your mind set and your psychical setting. If someone is to know one thing about psychedelics it this. A man named Humphry Osmond said, in 1957 upon trying LSD:"To fathom hell or soar angelic/Just take a pinch of psychedelic." This sums it up, as long as you have a good, positive mindset, and a comfortable setting, you will be in divine presence.

Unfortunately, with prohibition, these drugs become more widely available on the street. I do not believe psychedelics should be sold to just anyone, though people of strong mind should have access to them. Most of the "traditional" psychedelics can be grown at home anyway. A dealer does not really care about the buyer's state of mind, for the most part. As long as our governments stance is to scare people from drugs with new speak, half truths, pseudo science, and all out lies people need to have a source in which they can reliable information about what they put in their bodies. This is why the Timothy Learys, and the Terrence Mckennas are say what they say and do what they do. This is why we, the shroomery, is in existence. The psychedelic experience can be so beautiful and can do so much good for humanity, all you need is a key and a reliable source of information.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3497179 - 12/14/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I found this list of noteable users of LSD, quite interesting:

Richard Alpert
Julian Beck
Stewart Brand
Lenny Bruce
Neal Cassady
Eric Clapton
Leonard Cohen
Doc Ellis
Maynard Ferguson
Peter Fonda
Jerry Garcia
Allen Ginsberg
George Goodman
Cary Grant
Dick Gregory
George Harrison
Jimi Hendrix
Abbie Hoffman
Albert Hofmann
Albert Hubbard
Aldous Huxley
Christopher Isherwood
Phil Jackson
Mick Jagger
Oscar Janiger
Jack Kerouac
Ken Kesey
Arthur Kleps
Paul Krassner
R. D. Laing
Timothy Leary
John Lennon
Henry Luce
Clare Boothe Luce
Charles Manson
Groucho Marx
Charles Mingus
Paul McCartney
Jim Morrison
Jack Nicholson
Anais Nin
Mary Pinchot
Roman Polanski
Jerry Rubin
Ed Sanders
Owsley Stanley
Viva Superstar
Alan Watts

Odd, they forget to list Bill Gates and the original Microsoft team, I belive on the applications for employment for Microsoft (when it was a small company) one question was "Have you ever taken LSD?" Gates belived that it unlocked a crative part of your mind and allowed yuou to become a better thinker... maybe they aren't so evil after all :grin:.

--------------------

Offlinesos
overrated
 User Gallery

Loc: Puget Sound Vicinity
    #3498491 - 12/14/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

did they really have to put Timothy Leary... I mean really.

--------------------
god made pot who do you trust, yeh i stole that off a lighter, so what, you wanna fight about it?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: sos]
    #3498517 - 12/14/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sure, why not? Timothy Leary was a noteable user of LSD and mushrooms to in his early years.

--------------------

Edited by gdman (12/14/04 10:20 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: sos]
    #3498543 - 12/14/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What would have been obvious is the inclusion of Albert Hoffman, who accidentally synthesized LSD, he was the first to do so and the first to experience it, apparently some of the LSD which he created somehow was ingested by him (probably through his skin) as he road his bike home, he began to feel, a little different.

He was researching drugs to be used as cardiac stimulants I believe, as ergot alkaloids are vascoconstrictors. What he created, well, is something else alright.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3499144 - 12/14/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"All war is based on deception." This little quote should conger up some images of some modern wars: WW II, Vietnam, The second Gulf War, The War on Terror, The war on drugs... Tekno, this is probably why she feels the way she does, it's not her fault. From a young age we are fed in the form of scare stories and DARE programs from the propaganda machine. This is why people feel that drugs do all kinds of crazy things that they do not.

:thumbup:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleveggieM

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl *update* [Re: motaman]
    #3592095 - 01/07/05 01:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Teens sentenced in death of Newbury Park teen
Thu, Jan. 06, 2005
montereyherald.com

VENTURA, Calif. (AP) - Two teenagers were sentenced to nine months in jail for giving 17-year-old Victoria Nugent hallucinogenic mushrooms before she wandered naked onto Highway 101 and was struck and killed by a car.

Jonathan Martinez and Brian Mitchell, both 19, were credited with time served and will likely spend three more months in jail. They were also placed on four years' probation and ordered to pay about $12,000 each in restitution to the Nugent family.

Martinez and Mitchell admitted giving Nugent the mushrooms before she died on Aug. 15, 2004.

They have been in Ventura County Jail since early September, when they were arrested in connection with her death.

Deputy District Attorneys Ron Carpenter and Ryan Wright asked Superior Court Judge Bruce Clark to sentence each defendant to three years in prison. Carpenter said a strong message should be sent emphasizing "we will not tolerate people selling drugs to minors."

"This was a group of kids coming together, pooling their money to do mushrooms," Mitchell attorney Cynthia Ellington said. She and Martinez lawyer Harrison Long asked that their clients serve six months in jail, including time served.

Clark said there wasn't enough evidence to warrant prison terms.

"We've lost one life," Clark said. "I don't see that we have to ruin the lives of these two boys."

Nugent's family and friends left the courtroom, declining comment.

OfflineAlissa081504
Stranger
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #5278941 - 02/08/06 07:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ALL THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS...

I WAS THERE... AND FOR ALL YOU FUCKING IDIOTS OUT THERE, TALKING TRASH ABOUT A WONDERFUL AMAZING GIRL, "TIA".. YOU ARE AN IGNORANT HUMAN BEING. LETS GET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT... NEVER BELIEVE THE MEDIA FOR ONE!!! TIA WAS GOING TO BE A DOCTOR FOR GOD SAKE.. SHE WAS AN AMAZING PERSON... NEVER HAD ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY. SHE WAS OUTGOING, AND OPEN-MINDED.. SHE THOUGHT LIKE EVERY OTHER TEENAGER, I AM INVISIBLE!!!! SHE WAS WRONG... BUT WHY SHOULD SHE BE PUNISHED FOR THAT. WE MAKE MISTAKES EVERYDAY OF ARE LIFE.. WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE SOMEONE'S ACTIONS. 100 POUND GIRL... 5'4.. SHE COULDN'T HANDLE WHAT SHE CONSUMED. SHE CONSUMED THEM ON HER OWN. SHE PURCHASED THEM ON HER OWN, AND SHE SWALLOWED THEM ON HER OWN. I KNOW TIA LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND... AND NOTHING WOULD OF CHANGED HER MIND THAT NIGHT. YES, I AGREE SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WATCHING HER... SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED HER, WHEN SHE RAN OFF. SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE SOBER ONE. BUT WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN THE OUTCOME. WHO WOULD OF KNOWN THAT FUCKING SONDRA WOULDN'T GO AFTER HER, OR TELL HER BROTHER SHE RAN OFF, OR CHASED AFTER HER. WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN... THAT HER "GOOD FRIEND" WOULD HELP BURY HER... IF ANYONE SHOULD BE GUILTY.. IT WOULD BE THE CHICK WHO WALKED BACK TO HER HOUSE AND FELL ASLEEP AFTER SHE WATCHED HER RUN OFF NAKED. ARE YOU PEOPLE STUPID.. WHO WOULD YOU BLAME?? I BLAME NO ONE.. NO MATTER WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE.. IT WASN'T.. AND HER ACTIONS RESULTED HER DEATH. TIA WAS FEARLESS, AND WHOULD HAVE HAD HER WAY SOME HOW!

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: motaman]
    #5279000 - 02/08/06 07:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

if they had given her alcohol they'd be just as fucked.

--------------------

Edited by wilshire (02/08/06 07:47 PM)

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl *update* [Re: veggie]
    #5280989 - 02/09/06 09:08 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Two teenagers were sentenced to nine months in jail

if that happened around here it'd be more like 9 years.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: Alissa081504]
    #5281081 - 02/09/06 09:33 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everybody, lets all take a step back, a deep breath, and calm down, please. This tragic event is a direct result of the war on drugs. A life was lost and two lives ruined because the government lies to us about the dangers of the drugs they don't want us to take. The government wants to take responsibility for our lives, to protect us from ourselves... but when the government fails, they blame somebody else for their failure. Rather than play into the governments propaganda, we need to focus on what is important, a lost life, and show some compasion for one another.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: Seuss]
    #5282516 - 02/09/06 04:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The government wants to take responsibility for our lives, to protect us from ourselves... but when the government fails, they blame somebody else for their failure. Rather than play into the governments propaganda, we need to focus on what is important, a lost life, and show some compasion for one another.

Thank you Suess for bringing some calm insight into an emotional issue.

Many things about this kind of story are frustrating to me, without even knowing the people involved. If we lived in a society where people were better educated about the full spectrum of effects of these substances, these occurances would be rare. Look at the way misinformation can pull on one person. One side they hear the government saying magic mushrooms will make you do this and that, and think you can fly, and you will end up like this girl. On the other hand they have their friends saying, "nah thats just 'The Man' talking. Its a great time with lots of pretty colors and nothing can go wrong." Both sides of this argument are right and wrong in different areas, but the kid will most likely believe their friends. The problem is that the government destroys its credability in so many other ways, that there is really no reason for a kid to believe what the DEA says about mushrooms. I think we would benefit from unbiased education about psychedelics in an environment that was less hostile toward those who choose to ingest them.

Another extremely ugly part of American society that has shown itself in this case is the lack of personal responsibility. I am not referring to the girl who died, as I do not know the whole story. However, I do know that charging the two who sold her the mushrooms with manslaughter and a $12,000 fine is absurd. Since when can $24,000 buy a family a perfect replacement for their lost loved one? Thats the American justice system for ya: solve it with money and jail time

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: Alissa081504]
    #5282642 - 02/09/06 05:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alissa081504 said:
I BLAME NO ONE.. NO MATTER WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE.. IT WASN'T.. AND HER ACTIONS RESULTED HER DEATH.

Im not trying to be a dick but you just blamed her?

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5285391 - 02/10/06 10:46 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

nah thats more a statement of fact, she's just saying she ate mushrooms, bugged out, and was killed BY ACCIDENT. This was just a horrible accident, one that could have been prevented, but an accident just the same.

For all we know the guy who hit her could have been lying his ass off, it could have been all his fault but he was overlooked. No one will know, its safe to say for certain that she didn't die as a direct result from the chemical (OD), but had she been sober she would not have been in that situation. For all we know this guy could have been flipping radio stations and while drifting his car looking up only milliseconds before hitting the girl.

It doesnt make the pain any less, and it surely doesnt bring anyone back, but this was no one's fault. Psychedellics are funny drugs, they can be unpredicatable and even leave the most experienced user in a state which is uncomfortable. Ive seen somemone ive tripped wit 50+ times eat one EIGHTH of shrooms turn into a 3 yr old child who literally needed me to help take a piss.

Sad story indeed, my condolences, my best friend of 12 years passed away in 2002, my life hasnt been the same since.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag