Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDEnoG
End-date: 2012
    #527467 - 01/21/02 04:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

What is the deal with this 2012 winter equinox procession business?
Share your opinions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLucidChu3
journeyman
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: DEnoG]
    #527579 - 01/21/02 06:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

theres so many upcoming end of the world(or as we know it) scenarios happening in the next decade  who the hell knows :smile: ones of um probley right tho for sure im with mckenna just cause ive read alot of his books..so ill decide my fav authors end of the world as my choice lol

--------------------

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: LucidChu3]
    #527634 - 01/21/02 07:51 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'm gonna go with the Mayan's on this one....

Offlinebedetached
supercalifragolisticexpialidocious

Loc: your mind
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #527653 - 01/21/02 08:19 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

throughout time since there was religion, there has always been an end of the world, and its always coming soon. the mayans were correct about lot of things, and i wouldnt be surprised if they were right about this, although i dont really care, wxcept i got alot more drugs to do in the next 10 years, hehe.

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #527756 - 01/21/02 10:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'm gonna go with the Mayan's on this one....
I don't really believe the Mayans could have cared less about what happens to the USA. All civilizations are concerned primarily about their own survival, and the Mayans experienced their end-of-world scenario hundreds of years ago.

So much for that prediction.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: Swami]
    #527947 - 01/22/02 03:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Who said anything about the USA? The mayans predicted the end of time in 2012..
Don't you think they would care about the end of time?

Edited by Shroomism (01/22/02 04:01 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: ]
    #528011 - 01/22/02 07:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Don't you think they would care about the end of time?

Wasn't it you who told me to read between the lines a little bit -and here you are pretending that you did not understand the intent of my post, so I will restate in a more verbose way so that we can waste bandwidth.

No one said anything about the USA. However, most posters here are from the USA and are enormously concerned about their ultimate survival.

Why would the Mayans possibly care about some event many hundreds of years after their civilization was wiped out? Their personal end of time happened long ago, which they most certainly did not predict.

--------------------

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #528331 - 01/22/02 02:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The end of time is a cosmic event, the end of their civilization is a political one. They would have a great deal easier time predicting the former than understanding the genocidal motivations an overseas civilization who they hadn't even heard of at the time.

Edited by skaMariaPastora (01/22/02 02:47 PM)

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #528352 - 01/22/02 03:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I like McKenna?s theory, but I am not sure if will happen on 2012, perhaps something big will happen but not the end of time, well I hope so things are finally shaping out good for me in my life : ).
In the mean time lets party just in case it does happen!
Will know soon enough

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #528383 - 01/22/02 03:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

They would have a great deal easier time predicting the former ...

Assuming there is such thing as prophecy ( I have seen no solid examples) what makes it easier to prophecy one event over another and what logic have you used to make such a determination?

First of all, the Mayans did not even predict the "end of time" (whatever that means), it is just that their calendar ended in 2012. That is a 20th century interpretation by some fringe theorists.

Archaeologists claim that the Maya began counting time as of August 31, 3114 B.C. This is called the zero year and is likened to January 1, AD. All dates in the Long Count begin there, so the date of the beginning of this time cycle is written 13-0-0-0-0. That means 13 cycles of 400 years will have passed before the next cycle begins, which is December 27, 2012.

A new calendar cycle does not mean the end of time. My last year's calendar ended on December 31st, 2001 and we are stiil here.

For me to put any credence in these stories would take two things:

1. The Mayans had a history of accurate predicitions - they did not- and

2. They predicted the end of the time - they did not.

--------------------

OfflineDEnoG
    #528498 - 01/22/02 06:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

it isn't completely agreed that time will end at this date. some feel that the date marks the beginning of true existence( whatever that means). i just find it odd that mckenna was able to derive the same date from the i-ching.

Anonymous

#528561 - 01/22/02 08:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The end of time is perhaps not the most appropriate description. December 21st, 2012 marks the beginning of the 5th density, and therefore a calender is no longer needed because time will not effect us in the same way.
If you ask me the calender should go by the Moon's phases as well as the Sun's and holidays should be during planetary alignments, eclipses, and meteor showers and the like.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#528722 - 01/22/02 11:19 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

And you think that McKenna was unaware of the Mayan calendar? He used his timewave to "fit" many events in history.

--------------------

OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
    #529036 - 01/23/02 11:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

dunno if anyone find this useful, but this site gives a nice explenation (for me at least) of the "end" date of the mayan calender. http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/maya.htm

Also, I find it to be a good explenation that our real life will begin after that date, or rather say, continue. I have the feeling lately that I am returning to something, to myself.
What we now experience, is just an extracted moment.
The state in which we'll be in, is what we now experience as the whole timeloop, all of your experience in lifetimes, is being put into one moment.

--------------------
its all placebo

Edited by Divine_Madness (01/23/02 11:28 AM)

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
    #529265 - 01/23/02 04:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Based on the Mayan's knowledge of astronomy, they created 2 calenders. I read somewhere that talked about sunspots and their effect on the Earth, and our calenders and astronomical findings have matched their astronomical calenders and charts, which leads me to believe that they could have very well predicted many things based on the stars. I read somewhere about a pole shift due to the increase in sun spots, fucking with the magnetism of Earth and shit.

BTW, Time doesn't mean SHIT to me, as on a 1/4 of shrooms I had some strange revelations, those of which I can't remember by words, but by undescribable feelings of the uselessness of TIME... such as hours, minutes, seconds.... all for the feeling of protection and measurement. Einstein PROVED that time is relative, and the calender of the Mayans was based on astronomy, not time. The Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world in 2012, their calender restarts at the period we designated 2012.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #529420 - 01/23/02 07:27 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I never heard of any theories on the end of the world. Two years ago I had a dream, you could say, that the year 2013, the earth will become one, where in which Sleep and Day will come together, thus ending dreams. If this means the world will end, it only means that in this reality, maybe we will cross over, as a whole planet into some reality where it is different. Life never ends, Just memory. I don't know why I dreamt that, but I have come to trust my dreams, one time I had a dream that a forest told me it was second generation. What second generation means I had no idea. But the forest I think was second generation. So then I trust both dreams. What do you think of the end of memory for the year 2013, not 2012 i am definite on the year

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: DEnoG]
    #529949 - 01/24/02 08:19 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #530710 - 01/25/02 01:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I always dreamed that that it would be beautiful, just really really different, no dreams , you know. Where would your sleep go?

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: nugsarenice]
    #531040 - 01/25/02 01:16 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

this post is intended for SWAMI!
question: Why do you even waste your time arguing in this forum? You should find a board with a bunch of people with similar beliefs to yours. That is what we are all doing here. We have found that we can share theory, and possibly teach each other a thing or two about the way we chose to live life. You will never change any of our minds with your persistant nay saying. We have all chosen to look beyond the terms, rules, and regulations of man made science, and my guess is that we are all past the point of no return as far as that goes. I am sure that you will pick this apart, and challenge my sentences. Just know this, I will not respond because I have said to you all that I need to say. Thank you for your time.

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

Edited by MentalHygene (01/25/02 02:57 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: MentalHygene]
    #531325 - 01/25/02 06:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

this post is intended for SWAMI!
Dear LOVE EVERYTHINHG(sp): In what way does your post contribute to the discussion?

question: Why do you even waste your time arguing in this forum?
I am touched by your concern for how I expend my energy. Unlike your judicious use of time in making this zero content post...

You should find a board with a bunch of people with similar beliefs to yours.That is what we are all doing here.
*Shows extreme astonishment* Are you truly saying the everyone here is in perfect agreement on every subject? Do you believe that dolphins are aliens from Sirius who forgot where they parked the ship? (Aisle 3B, no, no its in aisle 4C...)

Webster-dis?cus?sion
Pronunciation: di-'sk&-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate

If I violate the spirit of this board, then let the moderator boot me. However, this is a discussion and not a "secret handshake board". So until that time...

We have found that we can share theory,
Webster: the?o?ry
Pronunciation: 'thE-&-rE, 'thi(-&)r-E
Inflected Form(s): plural -ries
Etymology: Late Latin theoria, from Greek theOria, from theOrein
Date: 1592

1.a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

What fantasies expounded here are plausible and scientifically acceptable?

We have all chosen
And when were you elected spokesperson for all shroomery members?

to look beyond the terms, rules, and regulations of man made science,
While using man-made science (note redundancy as that is the only science there is) such as computers, networks and electricity to slam said science.

Just know this, I will not respond because I have said to you all that I need to say.
I will sleep easier tonight knowing that.

LOVE EVERYTHINHG(sp)
except poor Swami?

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#531349 - 01/25/02 07:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>LOVE EVERYTHINHG(sp)
except poor Swami?

You're a mean one, mister Grinch...

--------------------

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #531363 - 01/25/02 07:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

#531364 - 01/25/02 07:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

swami-
I know that I said that I would not respond, however I just wanted to appologize for my misspelling of the word EVERYTHING. Have a wonderfull evening!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#531368 - 01/25/02 07:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

*in a whiney voice* but you promised...

--------------------

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #531469 - 01/25/02 10:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Picking easy targets, are we now? Gribochek is ROFL none the less...

On a sadder note, I must say that the drive for honest exploration is once again outweighted by the desire for sensationalism... Everyone so busy predicting something they don't have a slightest idea about with a single miracle-blind zombie in opposition. Hey, I think I just coined a word!

Miracle-blind(n):
Incapable or unwilling to acknowledge the wonderful and mysterious nature of being.

Cheers

Grib.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: gribochek]
    #531506 - 01/25/02 10:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Picking easy targets, are we now?
Back up a few posts Gribolater and it is obvious who targeted who, but if anyone comes to play, well...

Gribochek is ROFL none the less...
See? I do serve a purpose. Heh, Heh.

...with a single miracle-blind zombie in opposition.
Main Entry: zom?bie
Variant(s): also zom?bi /'z?m-bE/
Etymology: Louisiana Creole or Haitian Creole z?bi, of Bantu origin; akin to Kimbundu nz?mbe ghost
Date: circa 1871
1 usually zombi a : the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body b : a will-less and speechless human in the West Indies capable only of automatic movement who is held to have died and been supernaturally reanimated

I don't think that anyone will agree with you that I am speechless.

Miracle-blind(n):
Incapable or unwilling to acknowledge the wonderful and mysterious nature of being.

Main Entry: mir?a?cle
Pronunciation: 'mir-i-k&l
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin miraculum, from Latin, a wonder, marvel, from mirari to wonder at
Date: 12th century
1 : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

As an outdoor photographer, avid hiker, and perpetual student, I firmly believe in the wonder and mystery of life. What I don't believe in are special events, where the normal laws of the universe are temporarily suspended.

This is not addresed at you. Many have complained of my style of "picking apart" a post. This is standard debating protocol and is known as a point-by-point rebuttal.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #531551 - 01/25/02 11:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.bluehoney.org/MayaNotes.htm
Our computer scientists from the '70s and '80s, who are unarguably more technologically developed than the Mayans, didn't even see the millenial bug coming some 20 or 30 years in the future. Yet some interpreters give great significance to the Mayan calendar which they didn't update figuring they had 500 years to do it in. BTW the calendar doesn't end in 2012, but starts over. It is a new cycle of accounting, not a new cycle of history.

http://www.deoxy.org/terencemckenna-vs-theblackhole.htm
McKenna is one af my fave authors. However, as he has no public history of prediliction, there is no reason to put faith in his 2012 end-of-history scenario.

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/2.htm
The, ah, Primary Landing was already supposed to have taken place, but didn't. So much for the veracity of "information" on that website.

--------------------

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #531574 - 01/26/02 12:08 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, Swami, it's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it. :laugh: 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: ArCh_TemPlaR]
    #531656 - 01/26/02 02:08 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Sum times I gets oh soz tired...

--------------------

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #531664 - 01/26/02 02:26 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ummm......cool?
Holy shit! Swami didn't debunk this one!>> http://www.bluehoney.org/2012.htm! It must be true then! Praise Allah!

Thank you, you made me laugh and that is what really matters, and exists.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #531813 - 01/26/02 09:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

it is obvious who targeted who

If a child picks a fight with you and you respond, who is to blame? Shame on you, shame on you.

See? I do serve a purpose. Heh, Heh.

No argument here, dude.

Main Entry: zom?bie

Now, this is a dirty trick that has nothing to do with argument or discussion. Both you and I know the current, popular meaning of the word. It indicates someone who is acting in automatic fashion, without really understanding or even knowing what he does. Appealing to a dictionary in this case is a way to avoid the argument rather then continue it, it is one of the zombie activities you engage in.

This is standard debating protocol and is known as a point-by-point rebuttal.

Yes, yes, the word games. How smart!

-- Grib

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: gribochek]
    #531920 - 01/26/02 11:13 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

McKenna himself debunked his 2012 theroy. He admitted it had almost no basis in fact. If you read the invisible landscape you will see what extraodinary leaps of logic he makes. He was so excited to discover a calender pattern in the I-Ching, that it clouded his judgement and allowed him to make the assumption that it was an encoded form of a 'timewave'.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Anonymous

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: mm.]
    #531930 - 01/26/02 11:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

FACT or FICTION:

The Universe is endless

Neither. Because we don't know. Just because something has no basis in fact does not make it fiction.

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #531943 - 01/26/02 11:34 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with you. That does not mean you should ignore the facts though. Surely you should start with known facts, and then postulate possibilities from there. OK, the facts may be wrong, but if you have more convincing evidence that they are wrong, than evidence that they are right... then you can change them. The logical route is to act on the assumption they are right until indicated otherwise.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #533386 - 01/27/02 09:16 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Mental Hygiene, you post under this name with the words "always learning" under it. Swami like everyone else here and everywhere knows many things that you don't. why not try tolearn from him?

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: Traveller]
    #533395 - 01/27/02 09:25 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ok excuse me for not reading everything first. you know recently it's these super-serious believers vs skeptics battles that are the most fun.

I-Ching eh....

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Re: End-date: 2012 [Re: Traveller]
    #533449 - 01/27/02 10:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Because I am always learning, I am willing to admit that I do not always act correctly. It is extremley hard to be perfect, and therefore at times I slip up. I realize that SWAMI knows things that I do not. On the other hand I know things that swami does not. I was frustrated with his form of communication, and I let it get the best of me. Thank you for your post, as it made me think about my actions a great deal. A lesson has been learned, and there will be many more to come! I hope that future discussions will not be affected by past actions! thanks again.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag