Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigGhost
The ElectricMessiah

Loc: San Antonio, Tx
The Ban Nathon Strain 4 days in to Fruiting. (w/pics)
    #5274036 - 02/07/06 04:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't heard a whole lot about this interesting strain from Thailand.  But, from what I've seen so far, it's a VERY fast colonizer; completely taking over a myco bag of rye berries right at 21 days @ 78-86 degrees Fahrenheit.  These pics were takin today (2/7/06), 2 weeks and 6 days since spawn and compost (3 lbs. washed cow manure) were mixed and cased.  I believe that these guys would be further along and more abundant at this point, had I used a little more advanced techniques.  All I did was was mix, mist, and cover the tub with a lid that has enough small holes to keep the Carbon flowing out.  I placed the tub in the warmest room in the house, allowing the natural light from the closed-blind window (and at times a small desk lamp far enough away) to reach it.  Once a week I allow some fresh air in.  So far this is what I have:  Besides what can be seen in the pic, there are about 30 decent pins, but substrate looks very healthy and could easily produce more.  One side seems to be growing faster than the other side (further along side shown in pic).  Any comments, or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.  This is my fisrt attempt at growing, and next time I want to try some more advanced Tek. Thanks to all of you here. -BG

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by BigGhost (02/07/06 04:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Ban Nathon Strain 4 days in to Fruiting. (w/pics) [Re: BigGhost]
    #5274045 - 02/07/06 04:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

no casing layer?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineBigGhost
The ElectricMessiah

Re: The Ban Nathon Strain 4 days in to Fruiting. (w/pics) [Re: coda]
    #5274062 - 02/07/06 04:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm still a Newbie, but if I was to guess what a casing layer is, I would say it's either a layer of Vermiculite at the bottom of the tub, or something like damp-rid maybe?  I may be wrong on both of those answers, but to answer your question I didn't consciously put a casing layer.  Maybe I should have? Doh!
:banghead:

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Ban Nathon Strain 4 days in to Fruiting. (w/pics) [Re: BigGhost]
    #5274072 - 02/07/06 04:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

right on, well, a casing layer is what you put over your casing. Your casing is what your mushies are growing off of right now (substrate). Common casing layers include verm, peat moss, and coco coir. Lots, if not most, people combine some or all of them and then add it on top of the casing before fruiting.

Read through this faq, im sure it will answer a lot of your questions.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineBigGhost
The ElectricMessiah

Re: The Ban Nathon Strain 4 days in to Fruiting. (w/pics) [Re: coda]
    #5274104 - 02/07/06 04:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
right on, well, a casing layer is what you put over your casing.  Your casing is what your mushies are growing off of right now (substrate).  Common casing layers include verm, peat moss, and coco coir.  Lots, if not most, people combine some or all of them and then add it on top of the casing before fruiting.

Read through this faq, im sure it will answer a lot of your questions.

Ahhhh....  Thanks alot, that FAQ clears up alot of things.  I will most definitely be doing things different next time.  Makes sense what you said about casing before fruiting.  I guess it keeps the substate stable and locks in moisture?  Anyhow, I guess at this point in the game, it doesn't matter how it works, just as long as it works.  Right on,  thanks again.
:rockon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate