Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

DMT noise
    #5271073 - 02/06/06 07:50 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

what exactly is the high pitch noise while on dmt or huasca? i heard that its hearing blood flow in the brain. Well anywho its really good for meditation and if i listen to it i trip out more and sometimes hear agelic music if i listen to that noise long enough, so whats the frequency of it i want to produce it on a brain wave gen for meditation i have been listening to frequencies that effect serotonin and the negitive ones of those and now i feel light like dmt makes you so i wonder  :mushroom2:

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (02/06/06 07:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMezcal
Re: DMT noise [Re: thedudenj]
    #5271330 - 02/06/06 08:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think there is enough research available on DMT (seeing as it is a sched-1 substance in the states) for us to determine how it is pharmacologically active and modifying the normal hearing activity in the brain. If you're inclined to try to do some research and put together a better theory than "blood flow" I'd suggest you begin by seeking connections between brain structures involved in hearing, serotonin agonists, DMT binding affinities, the claustrum and other drugs and mental disorders that produce tonal audio hallucinations.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #5271348 - 02/06/06 08:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

According to Terence Mckenna that sound is "our radio entelechy ripping out of the organic matrix." Sounds about right to me!

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5271366 - 02/06/06 09:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think it has to do with blood flow. But I have no idea what creates those noises. I have some theories though. The complexity of audio visuals can be astonishing and constant during a trip if you are one of those people who can hear it very easily. It is A very concrete thing. I can hear massive amounts of order, almost like an audio version of the visual aspect of hallucinogens, and it has a wide variety of capabilities.
If I was to try to define the same sound while sober. I would equate the high pitched aspects of it to the musical note G natural, but at an ultra high octave.
There is just something about G. I dont know what it is, but it is the only frequency I can hear in this concrete way, while sober. It comes and goes, maybe once a day for about 20 seconds, and it can almost startle me sometimes.

I dont know if that helps you or not. Im a musician and have always found audiovisuals to be one of the most amazing things that natuarally happens while tripping.

Edited by stemmer (02/06/06 09:06 PM)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #5271397 - 02/06/06 09:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It first should be noted that I've never done DMT.

But when I'm going to sleep, I normally hear a noise similar to what you're describing, probably because of ear damage from loud music. And I think a lot of people hear that noise of this listen hard enough.

Maybe you just notice it more on DMT...?

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: stemmer]
    #5271417 - 02/06/06 09:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well my bio proff said hearing ringing in your ears is blood flow but i think dmt is a bit different, i dunno i think this sound is divine or something because like i said if you focus on it and listen the effects of the drug increase and music can be heard i know its gota be a freq. higher then 160 that freq is suppose to cause more use of serotonin and if i listen to it i start to here the dmt noise if i focus hard enough i can hear it on my own

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #5271457 - 02/06/06 09:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

good question

to me it was like a vibrating note that got higher and higher and higher as the energy built up and started to sound like hundreds of thousands of notes getting louder and higher....it was like the sound of the energy building up maybe?

my whole body vibrated to it too i remember

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DMT noise [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5271480 - 02/06/06 09:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I notice it more on all hallucinogens. For me, LSD fascilitates the most interesting audio. Ayahuasca does similare things to me.
The noise I think is the most important is more like a collection of hundreds of noises all bouncing off of each other at the same time. At the level of highest intensity (focus/dose), it sounds like chainsaws with no motors all cutting into and grazing hundreds of giant metal flutes. All different speeds/frequencies(super low, mid, super high),and all have to do with one another. They make geometric, mathematical designs out of sound. They crash into each other, they sing, they make many sounds most human ears/brains have ever heard. They are also very electrical sounding.

There are also simple frequencies, and also the way these sounds are heard along with actual sounds going into your ears,(as "it" bounces off of real sounds in your environment). Thats all most users of hallucinogens can hear.
Then there is the buzzing heard on dmt and maois, when used together and by themselves(maois make the most loud buzzing like a bunch of frequencies all coiled together with an ultra-fast rhythm). Thats the sound that T Mckenna suggests is "our radio entelechy ripping out of the organic matrix."
I think all of these sounds are related to what I earlier said I found to be the most interesting/important sound, which is likely the root of all of the other sounds I just mentioned.

Edited by stemmer (02/06/06 09:41 PM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#5271694 - 02/06/06 10:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

wow thats true stemmer you probally right

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5272066 - 02/07/06 12:21 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ive always been very interested in this subject, so I thought Id bump it............
The more replies the better.

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #5272605 - 02/07/06 08:54 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've always called this phenomenon "the carrier wave". I sometimes get it when on large doses of lsd... not so much with mushrooms. But it sounds like a tidal wave coming towards me on dmt...

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

OfflineUsedTo
Stranger
    #5272655 - 02/07/06 09:10 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"Under heavy doses, an ambient sound can become augmented, forming the basis for complex auditory hallucinations - so blood rushing in the ears or wind roaring through the leaves of a forest can transform into angelic choirs." ~ Paul Devereux, excerpt from his book "The Long Trip: A Prehistory of Psychedelia"

The author here is describing the effects of very high doses of THC, given orally during testing on the substance during the late 1800's.

Just thought I'd share that, even though it's not DMT.  :smirk:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: UsedTo]
    #5281878 - 02/09/06 01:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well i can hear the noise on pretty much any psychedelic drug or with out drugs if i think about it i really dont think its a mixing of sounds its almost as if the brain produces it

--------------------

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
    #5281894 - 02/09/06 01:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

buzzes, hums, wistles, and roarinf sounds are common with many psychedelics. I actually here what sounds like trance music though every time I trip on shrooms...It's probably one of the coolest hallucinations I get regularly.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: Kaleidoscope]
    #5282329 - 02/09/06 03:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kaleidoscope said:
buzzes, hums, wistles, and roarinf sounds are common with many psychedelics. I actually here what sounds like trance music though every time I trip on shrooms...It's probably one of the coolest hallucinations I get regularly.

nah this one im talking about is different its a high pitch constant noise its not as high as a tv muted and more of a solid and constant noise its just a pitch and the more you listen the louder it gets then once it engulfs you, your sent into a colourful euphoria with angelic music i like to think of it as the DMT fq. of the soul tune in and trip out, hmm maybe its the voice of the dmt entity calling out to let you enter their world its kind like those landing lights on a runway for a plane if you follow it youll get in. O i just thought about it its kind like the noise in 2001 space Odyssey that the monolith makes but like i said its steady meaning no fluctuation

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (02/09/06 04:02 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5282377 - 02/09/06 04:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You mean more of a whispy, wind like sound? There's that... and then the crackling of take off!

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5282399 - 02/09/06 04:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

no the sound that the monolight makes and every one goes in pain it almost sounds like its electronic the best way to verbalise it would be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebut that doesnt quite cover it. to hear it just take some hausca and go out somewhere quiet maybe woods on a non windy day or a room deep in a house i dunno absolute slience makes it so much easier to hear

--------------------

Edited by thedudenj (02/09/06 04:15 PM)

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
    #5282782 - 02/09/06 06:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

tinnitus? I'm thinking so, since you say you can hear it w/o drugs.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: JB201]
    #5284015 - 02/09/06 10:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

nah i never heard it until i did DMT. when reading trip reports i have come across people hearing it i only can hear it if i meditate and bringing some of the dmt effects back like the body feeling and euhporia

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #5285175 - 02/10/06 09:45 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Damn...you guys hear it too???

My first dose of lsd...It was so strong...and this sound, at the strongest wave, i cant even explain...It was like the sound of a million years old fusion oven. Swoooooshhhhh....It is the sound of waves kinda like the old gameboy did in some games!

When you hear it you know salvation is at the tip of your fingers...

Edited by Grapefruity (02/10/06 09:46 AM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: DMT noise [Re: Grapefruity]
    #6518334 - 01/31/07 10:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i love how everyone knows what the dmt noise is. theres no way you cant :laugh:

i hear this very high pitched chiniming sythy sound. that feels as if it is eminating from inside me. then the "noise" begins to crawl out of the wood work and everthign becomes a wash in fractaling visible energy vibrations.

'There is a sound...." :grin:

--------------------

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

Re: DMT noise [Re: notapillow]
    #6518790 - 02/01/07 01:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't tried DMT, but when I do, that DMT noise will probably sound like Tool :smile:

Edited by thehandtruck (02/01/07 01:24 AM)

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Re: DMT noise [Re: thehandtruck]
    #6518834 - 02/01/07 01:46 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The noise seems yellow to me.
Its almost like crickets in the tropics on a hot night, only they're super charged mechanical crickets.

Also i think we're hearing a tone similar to this on a daily bases but we're accustom to it. Dmt changes the freq so it suddenly sounds alien and overwhelming.

I love it.

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Edited by JonnyDeformed (02/01/07 01:47 AM)

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #6518921 - 02/01/07 02:59 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

when The DMT is smoked I get something almost like computer generated alarm bells or "WARNING" alarm tone but high pitched, that increase in speed and intensity until I break through. Its almost like a sound track to the experience it always starts the same .... like a countdown to blast off. Warning sounds that remind me to -"FUCKING GET READY RIGHT FUCKING NOW BECAUSE I AM THE TOUR GUIDE NOW!" lol! its intense indeed!

Respect,
IHS

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineCrimson_Nub
Placebo
Male

Loc: Australia
    #6518946 - 02/01/07 03:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Some say ringing in the ears is from the universe having sex with itself. Perhaps DMT is like adding a little Shinju and Karada to the mix.

--------------------
"There can be only one!"....but it lacks the inherent existence of itself.

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6518956 - 02/01/07 03:34 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I couldn't tell ya what that sound is. But I have noticed it myself on various occasions while under the influence of hallucinogens, while meditating or while sleeping. It always starts out as a faint ringing that makes you aware of the surrounding silence and it slowly escalates into a sort of harmony eventually reaching a peaceful complexity that you describe accurately as angelic. On a very few occasions while moving from meditation into dreaming the sounds became so complex that a distinct female voice began singing to me, many words of her song I remember. The first time I was convinced I was dying and forced myself to wake, the second was also so beautiful but also so magnificent and bizarre that I again forced myself to wake. I get chills thinking about it. While in an alpha state though or while drifting off into sleep if you notice it you can play with it immensely, bend and mold it. DMT and a number of sleeping medicines induce it.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: elbisivni]
    #6519104 - 02/01/07 07:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yeah its clear that its not just DMT and its clear you dont need drugs to hear it and now over the year i have noticed theres variotions so probally more then one high pitch. the mainly DMT one tends to as its been said increase until your pulled into another world. once while meditating all the sounds in the room became one then i heard the dmt noise then was pulled so fast my body couldnt keep up and i felt my soul being ripped out my body and fought it awaking with a red face and in alot of pain that morning when i woke there was a dead japanese scarb beetle in my belly button i guess i got pulled with it they have a universe center power or something. any who its funny when people bring up my old posts:thumbup: it gives me some good reflecting upon where i was and where i am now. but any who im really certain theres a high ultra pitch for each color so you probally hear the yellow one easier due to yellow aura possible aka smelling your own kind or something lol but with hearing :rockon:

--------------------

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #6519233 - 02/01/07 09:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I read that moments before sleep your inner ear vibrates slightly, this may explain why during sleep paralysis you hear a buzzing type sound. DMT is linked quite closely with dreams and sleep so maybe that has something to do with it? :confused: Just a suggestion

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6519850 - 02/01/07 01:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

also, we do listen attentively all day long, and there is usually noise/sound that we are detecting constantly - when we do whatever it is we do to move into subconscious areas we disregard the ambient noises and pick up on other things. perhaps.

what you said about hearing colors is interesting, I've thought about it before and they do all have definable frequencies. time to go research synesthesia some more. oh and I just realized this thread is coming up on 1yr old, ohwell

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: DMT noise [Re: elbisivni]
    #6520267 - 02/01/07 03:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

well this noise is clearly not ambient noises cause thats there to its a seperate thing a tone

--------------------

OfflineSalvia_Antics
DMT Convert
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Garden Of Eden Flag
    #6520769 - 02/01/07 06:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i just saw a show on the science channel about the sound of neurons in the brain anyone think this is possible we are able to here our brain working?

--------------------

"The dream is dreaming itself"--Kalahari Bushmen

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6520983 - 02/01/07 07:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
...when we do whatever it is we do to move into subconscious areas we disregard the ambient noises and pick up on other things...

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: DMT noise [Re: Salvia_Antics]
    #6521052 - 02/01/07 07:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Salvia_Antics said:
i just saw a show on the science channel about the sound of neurons in the brain anyone think this is possible we are able to here our brain working?

I think we can in a way. Visuals are an expression of how the brain is working if you ask me. Same goes for audio visuals.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: DMT noise [Re: yageman]
    #6521085 - 02/01/07 07:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Stemmer said it exactly like how I would put it. Probably because we are um.... lets say, close friends.
Stemmer is still around, but hes less of an a-hole these days.

For me, LSD fascilitates the most interesting audio. Ayahuasca does similare things to me.
The noise I think is the most important is more like a collection of hundreds of noises all bouncing off of each other at the same time. At the level of highest intensity (focus/dose), it sounds like chainsaws with no motors all cutting into and grazing hundreds of giant metal flutes. All different speeds/frequencies(super low, mid, super high),and all have to do with one another. They make geometric, mathematical designs out of sound. They crash into each other, they sing, they make many sounds most human ears/brains have ever heard. They are also very electrical sounding.

I dont think it has to do with blood flow. But I have no idea what creates those noises. I have some theories though. The complexity of audio visuals can be astonishing and constant during a trip if you are one of those people who can hear it very easily. It is A very concrete thing. I can hear massive amounts of order, almost like an audio version of the visual aspect of hallucinogens, and it has a wide variety of capabilities.
If I was to try to define the same sound while sober. I would equate the high pitched aspects of it to the musical note G natural, but at an ultra high octave.
There is just something about G. I dont know what it is, but it is the only frequency I can hear in this concrete way, while sober. It comes and goes, maybe once a day for about 20 seconds, and it can almost startle me sometimes.

I dont know if that helps you or not. Im a musician and have always found audiovisuals to be one of the most amazing things that natuarally happens while tripping.

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are also simple frequencies, and also the way these sounds are heard along with actual sounds going into your ears,(as "it" bounces off of real sounds in your environment). Thats all most users of hallucinogens can hear.
Then there is the buzzing heard on dmt and maois, when used together and by themselves(maois make the most loud buzzing like a bunch of frequencies all coiled together with an ultra-fast rhythm). Thats the sound that T Mckenna suggests is "our radio entelechy ripping out of the organic matrix."
I think all of these sounds are related to what I earlier said I found to be the most interesting/important sound, which is likely the root of all of the other sounds I just mentioned.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: DMT noise [Re: yageman]
    #6521242 - 02/01/07 08:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I absolutely love the DMT noise. It get's extremely loud, extremely quick! I think the sound reflects the electron spin resonance taking place inside your body.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds