Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjchilxxn
Midnight Toker

Loc: San Diego, CA
question of sorts
    #526694 - 01/20/02 05:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Last night me and 2 friends got to have a "thinking session" (weed+music=intense thought). We were listening to "tales of the inexpressible" by Shpongle.
It turned out to be a pretty intense weed trip. I actually fooled myself into thinking that I was in rainforests or where ever the music took me. When the CD was over I felt that the peak was pretty much over.
All of the sudden, an idea/memory came to my mind and I seemed totally comfortable with it, like it was a standard memory in my life, and then I tried to make sense of it, and I couldn't. It seemed like a totally alien memory had gotten into my head. It felt like i was having extreme nostalgia for this memory but I could not figure out where the hell it was coming from or what it meant. I had a few more of these, each one different but having the same effect, and then all of the sudden I couldn't remember any of my memories. Each time I tried to remember what my house looked like, I couldn't conjure up an image. All i could think about were these bizarre memories that kept popping up.

It was sort of like in "dark city" when the guy remembers shell beach. For a few seconds I was lost in a bliss or nostalgia but then I realised I had never seen anything like these memories.
I could go on forever about how real and vivid they seemed to be, even though I knew nothing of their nature, but i think i expressed my point.

So, what is this? Anybody had anything like this happen?
I have had a level 5 mushroom trip, but it wasn't nearly this vivid. That was 5 months ago and I am still trying to make sense of it. This trip happened last night and I remember most of the details.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.

--------------------

-----

i like ham

Edited by djchilxxn (01/20/02 05:55 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: question of sorts [Re: djchilxxn]
    #526707 - 01/20/02 06:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds as if you turned your attention fully to what you were experiencing and temporarily forgot your past...that is to be expected to happen sometimes...
Shpongle's "Tales of the Inexpressible" is a great album!

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineDivine_Madness

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: question of sorts [Re: djchilxxn]
    #527388 - 01/21/02 04:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Weird.
I had something like that on the same night (saturday) I was totally high on weed, at a rave, even had minor xtc flashbacks, and was standing somewhere looking around, when I somehow got a strange feeling that I never had before in this life, yet I recognized it, this wasnt an xtc flashback. It didnt made me happy, it wasnt a nice feeling at all.
I do have had a beautiful xtc experience which had extreme nostalgia, and here I knew where it come from, remberence of what I had forgotten but always had, excistence beyond this life.
But saturday night, everything seemed empty, like their was no sence in anything. It seemed as if everything just happend, without consiousness making any difference. Like everything was made of machines, only excisting of matter, with counsiouss being not more than a illusion in this matter.
Of course I tried to find out where I got this feeling from, and their popped some stuff in my head from which it could come, one thing was that it seemed as in a movie. Now, I dont remember anything from that stuff, and know no movie that ever created those feelings in me.

--------------------
its all placebo

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: question of sorts [Re: Divine_Madness]
    #527482 - 01/21/02 06:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have this nostalgia upon awaking from vivid dreams, looking at beautiful pictures, or just being out in the forest. While sober though. It might be a memory of the future or a vision into the past of a perfect moment. I usually feel a strong sense of homesickness also, even if I am standing in my front yard.

I will not even try to begin to explain what it means.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Shpongle

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology