Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemanna420
dazed andconfused

Loc: undesirable
Myco-bag 2....Pins 2.....Score is Even!!
    #524870 - 01/18/02 06:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have two Myco-Enviro-Bags fully colonzed and they have been exposed to light for a week now but no pins that i can tell. Should i be concerned at all or am i going to have wait up to 10-30 days??The temp is 75 usually with some fluctuation up to 80 due to the heat of the light.Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!..!!

--------------------
"The white man goes into his church house and talks about Jesus;
the indian goes into his tepee and talks to Jesus."

Edited by manna420 (01/21/02 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAssHumper10K
enthusiast
Loc: Up, Your, Ass
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: manna420]
    #525314 - 01/19/02 03:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You need to give it more time.
Try humping an ass in the meantime.

--------------------
Asses Humped for a reasonable price. Ask about our financing program!
Free ass juicings with every fart suck!
See the amazing pencil farm!

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #525480 - 01/19/02 11:01 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It is really going to depend on the strain. Puerto Ricans and Ecuador do well in the bags, but most other strains have not been tested yet. Some are likely to take longer to pin than others. Let us know the source of the spores and the strain name so it can be noted for future reference.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: Workman]
    #525560 - 01/19/02 12:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: ralphster44]
    #525573 - 01/19/02 12:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yo Ralphster.. I have a question about the Hydrapod.. I'd ask Mcman but he has not been responding to me..

Anyways.. why does he say that casings are not needed in the hydrapod?

Wouldnt a casing just be all the better because of the added nutrients from the casing soil?

Offlineroaghor
Loc: TN
    #525630 - 01/19/02 01:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

To answer your question about the bags. I am doing both cakes in my pod and bags from SW. The bags are a fool proof way and I would say almost guaranteed way for a beginner to grow anything, granted they sterilize their syr. between bags. I am pretty much pleased with mine so far, they are showing great progress. After a couple of flushes and the cakes in my pod are spent, I amplanning on adding the cakes out of the bags to see how well they will do in the pod. I love my pod too though it keeps me worried until I get it down pat. The pod is a no nonsense way for someone who is either new to building terrariums or works swing shifts and just does not have alot of free time.

Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: roaghor]
    #525657 - 01/19/02 02:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I was just wondering something, i was thinking of doing my own bag out of ziplocks, but do they need some kind of air exchange filter or something, or can you just seal them up with air in the bag?

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: chronic_124]
    #525664 - 01/19/02 03:09 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Chronic.. yes you can seal them up with just air in the bag.. but it will soon be expended and youll be left with high CO2 build up.. you will need a filter patch of some type.

Offlineroaghor
Loc: TN
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: chronic_124]
    #525684 - 01/19/02 03:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Poor mans terrarium kinda modified but still cheap considering how many you can do after the intial cost.

I am actually trying a tek called a Una Bag. I am using a 5"x5" glad container, 1 cup of vermiculite, one micron magic filter disc, 1/4 cup of water, a teaspoon of h2o2( hydrogen peroxide), some clear mailing tape, a ziploc-ezfill-tall size dry storage bag, a stick on thermometer, a heating pad, and alcohol. All these things can be purchased at your local grocery except for the fine grade vermiculite and micron magic filter disc. I have not posted a tek on this yet because I am still experimenting with it.
But here goes:
1. take the micron filter disc and cut it into 2"x 2" pieces, you will need pieces perbag.
2. take the clear packing tape and cut 4 stips about 3"x3"x1/2".
3. Cut a 1"x1" hole in each ziploc storage bag-The bags I am using are standing, 10"9/16"x13"x5".
4. take the small strips of the packing tape and overlay on the edges of the cut micron filter disc so that all edges are covered and will seal once tape to the bag leaving @1" sq. of the filter disc exposed in the middle. Do this to both pieces.
5. Cover the 1"x1" hole in the bag with one filter on each side of the hole(inside and outside). Make sure that you have them lined up enough to were the centers of the cut filter disc are almost even. They do not have to be perfect but they need to be close.
6. Take 1 cup of vermiculite(fine grade) and pour it into the glad 5"x5" container.
7. Mix 1 teaspoon of h2o2 with 1/4 cup of water and drizzle it over the vermiculite in the container evenly.
8. Stir mixture well with a sterile spoon. Just wipe spoon with alcohol. Then pat with spoon until even and somewhat packed. does not have to be perfect
9. Take stick on thermometer and stick on outside of the bag @1" below the top. This will allow you to monitor the temp. inside the bag.
10. Insert glad container into the bag.
11. This is the hardest part. Tape the top edge of the container to the inside of the ziploc bag while the container is resting on the bottom inside of the bag.
12. Wipe all the exposed interior plastic with alcohol to somewhat sterilize.
13. Carefully insert the pre colonized cake into the bag and place in the center of the container. Close the top of the ziploc bag. and place on heating pad.

When ever the temp. on the thermometer reads below 72 degrees just cut the heating pad on med. until the temp. comes up to about 74-79 degrees. then cut it off. Eventually after about 24 hours if the ambient room temp stays @70-72 the inside of the bags will stay @72 to 74. Twice a day I am opening the bags to allow for some gas exchange just in case the filter disc aren't supplying enough. I am also cutting the heating pad on for about 15 min. a day just to keep the temp up. By taping the container to the bag you allow for the moisture that condenses on the inside of the bag runs back down into the vermiculite in the container. The peroxide will help keep any bacteria out of the vermiculite. I am still experimenting with this, so I will make an official post of the tek if the cakes actullay fruit. I will also post pictures.
This is a tek for pre-colonized, fully colonized cakes. I am using rye grain as the substrate(pre-colonized material). I figured if it doesn't work I only have 2 cakes being sacrificed for this experiment. I actuall found the idea for this on here under something called the Una bag, but the posr I read didn't go into detail. It did have a picture and I just made it a little more home made.
The bags, h2o2, alcohol, packing tape, the stick on thermomter, and glad containers can be purchased at walmart for about $15-25. The heating pad can also be purchased at walmart for $15-30 depending on the size, the one I am using is 15"x24", or big enough for about 4 of these bags. The fine grade vermiculite can be purchased at home depot, lowes, or ace hardware for @$10 for a small bag that will do about fifty of these. The filter disc can be purchased at http://www.micronmagick.com/index.cfm
for $15.00 for 100 disc.
All these put together when you reuse the containers and every time will make probably about fifty bags.

THIS IS STILL JUST EXPERIMENTAL FOR ME so do not follow my directions yet. Maybe someone with more experiance can give you a better post. Also this is only for pre-colonized fully colonized substrate. I am using cakes colonized in 1pt. jars I hope this can help.
If you want Myco-bags that will carry you from colonizing to fruiting with out any work from yourself then you can purchase thoe from Sp0re works for $15.00 a piece or 4 for $50 http://www.sporeworks.com/media.html
Workman has picks on here of his. All of them will take 28-35 days to fruit. I am using those also and am very pleased with the results.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #525694 - 01/19/02 04:07 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks ralphster44, you made my day. Hehehehehe ;)

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #525766 - 01/19/02 06:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ralphster.. please dont take this the wrong way but you are not the first guy to say the bags are expensive. I dont know what the cost of shrooms are on the streets because I ve never purchased any but 4 bags and 1 syringe is like 65 bucks ... if those four bags only produce 1 oz dry shrooms would that not still be a good deal? I m just asking because I ve saw a couple guys say they are expensive but to me its worth it to get shrooms, have fun and almost full proof success.

--------------------

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: SouthernGent]
    #525782 - 01/19/02 07:10 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ralphsters point is that there are just as easy methods that are much cheaper and can yield more..

If ya just want a quick bang then go for the bags.. in the long run its much more cost efficient to use jars..

And if ya are selling these shrooms then it would be a hell of alot better to use jars...

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: Syd_barret]
    #525793 - 01/19/02 07:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Got ya Syd. I m just a rookie looking to learn bro... I m learning th pf tek but figured the bags looked like a great deal for a rookie who just wanted to grow some for personal consumption.

--------------------

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: SouthernGent]
    #525806 - 01/19/02 07:37 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeh no doubt they are great if ya really dont want to put any effort into this hobby... (if that sounded offending or something sorry)

I am sure the yields are good and everything.. but jars are just soooooo much cheaper.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Myco-bag 2....Pins 0.....Help Please!! [Re: Workman]
    #525815 - 01/19/02 07:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#526164 - 01/20/02 12:47 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Offlinemanna420
dazed andconfused

Loc: undesirable
    #526549 - 01/20/02 12:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

To all....
I have gone the bag route becuse i have had no luck with my jar attempts.At this time i have 6 jars and they are stalling like hell..they should have finsished already..I can never seem to get the proper moisture content in my substrates.The one thing i would really like to know is should i just put the fully colonized bags into the POD or wait a while longer ???? Oh and i do have an FSR print but i dont know of an easy method to turn it into a syringe.Im not in no way going to give up..and im not gonna keep buying those expensive bags!!!

--------------------
"The white man goes into his church house and talks about Jesus;
the indian goes into his tepee and talks to Jesus."

Offlinecamel
old hand

#526550 - 01/20/02 12:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ralpshter sed:

In reply to:

My god....why all this bag stuff?
What happened to just jars?
So much easier and MUCH LESS expensive.

Ya know...the Hydra pod is an excellent cultivation system.
Just simply using your jars to spawn dung/compost costs about a couple bucks.
I always laugh at this bag stuff...what a price to pay for a one shot deal..

Get some jars...get a print from the FSR for 1 dollar.

Why do people buy these bags?
This is too funny...not really...too expensive!!!

I guess anything will sell....whatever..

Sorta harsh words for a technique you never tried...

my 2 cents
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #526565 - 01/20/02 01:00 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'd wait a bit longer for the bags to do their job. But if you want to risk one in the pod, that might be a good test. Don't put all your bags (err eggs) into one basket.

The bags are relatively expensive and not cost effective for the long term grower. But mushroom growing can be intimidating to the newbie. Consider the myco-environmental bag as a baby step for newbies. It is a nearly foolproof introductory method that shows all the stages of mushroom growth in a compact, self contained package. The initial investment is low, about the same as a single spore syringe. I would suggest the bags for anyone reluctant to invest heavily in a hobby that they are not completely certain they will enjoy or continue.

We do not recommend bags as the end of a grower's experience, but as the beggining. Serious growers should endeavor to become independent of mycobags, kits, syringes and prints (except for the acquiring new strains/species)

Good luck.

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram

Offlinegamashroomer2
    #526574 - 01/20/02 01:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey manna If I were you I would put the colonized cakes in the Hydrapod and cover them with syran wrap until they pin for you. This worked for me and Mycotek recomends it to. Here is a picture of some cakes that were just uncovered from the syran wrap. You can see how well it works to make cakes pin.

The cake on the right with the one big shroom was the only cake that was left uncovered and it didn't do near as good as the rest of them that were. Of course I had this Pod set to fruting instead of pinning so I expected it to not do good. You can see the difference in the knots when you look at the other cakes that were covered with the syran wrap.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures