Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepharao
^^^^^
Male

Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off *DELETED*
    #5258275 - 02/03/06 04:52 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by pharao

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: pharao]
    #5258313 - 02/03/06 05:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, quite a sticky issue that's going on. It literarly looks like it's going to be a war against Islamic taboos and Western freedom of press/speech.

Though, depicting Mohammed with a bomb for a headdress is a bit too much, see it from their point of view, considering that any sort of visual depictions of Mohammed or Allah is banned in Islamic tradition.

Mind you, most of those who are demonstrating are EXTREMISTS or just people using it as an excuse to vent about western diplomacy around the world.

Where do you live by any chance? I seriously doubt that there are a great number of extremists and religious leaders that live there if you're in a nordic country, that or if there are, they are heavily kept under watch by the government.

To close the nordic borders seems a bit absurd, you're line of thinking is starting to sound a bit like a white supremist/nationalist

Offlinepharao
^^^^^
Male

Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: boO]
    #5258322 - 02/03/06 05:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

im in norway, oslo. and im talking about the imahns (sp?) that here supports these extremist, and not throw out muslims in general, most muslims here doesnt support these extremist and is cool in my book., just they who works agains the good for this country and tries to sabotage. Im all for immigration and helping people but i dont think we shuould risk our lifes for it. so we can close the borders for people from these countries until things is settled, i dont think that is nationalism or supremist. its just playing its safe. we should help people as long as we can but not if the costs are innocent people here.

Offlinepharao
^^^^^
Male

Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: pharao]
    #5258325 - 02/03/06 05:42 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i dont support the cartoons but they should blame the guy who made them and not a nation in general.
edit: but i do support the right to print them , but it wasnt smart to do so

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #5258331 - 02/03/06 05:48 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

boO said:
Though, depicting Mohammed with a bomb for a headdress is a bit too much

think they'd enjoy seeing him portrayed more accurately, sketching him as a paedophile is accurate since his first wife was only 9yo

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5258393 - 02/03/06 06:44 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This whole thing actually gave me an interesting idea... every time a terrorist does something mean, the rest of the world should publish degrading cartoons that will upset the terrorist, in honor of said terrorist action. They don't seem to mind getting killed, but they sure can't take a mocking cartoon... so why not use it against them... I also doubt that Allah will be very pleased with the terrorists when it is clearly their own actions that are causing such blasphemy to be printed across the world.

> Though, depicting Mohammed with a bomb for a headdress is a bit too much

Really? I have no problem with pictures of the Pope holding a stick of dynamite, or Buddha totting a machine gun, or Ghandi wearing a Rambo shirt... Of course, I don't go around chopping off people's heads either...

> most of those who are demonstrating are EXTREMISTS

I used to believe that as well, but no more. By definition, extremists are a small minority that has an extreme position compared to the majority. The large groups of people, from all over the uncivilized world, marching in protests, chopping off heads, burning flags, and killing the weak are not a small minority, but the voice of the majority. A muslim extremist is the one that is calling for peace, unity, respect, and love.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: Seuss]
    #5258412 - 02/03/06 07:04 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

From your original post you sound kind of pissed off at ALL of the islamic people in general since those who are demonstrating, burning flags, etc are blaming a whole nation.

prisoner: http://www.drawmohammed.com/ saw many depictions of him screwing a little girl to a pig to allah being dressed up like hitler...

seuss: i don't have a problem either when other heads of state to religious leaders are depicted in a sarcastically bad fashion...but just as i stated, ANY depiction of allah or muhammed is not allowed in islamic traditions...nothing being said about buddah, the pope, ghandi, etc.

you have a right point of view about the word extremists, but there's two sides to a coin...you can take for example those extremist christians who go to church, live by the bible etc etc don't do any harm..and you can also think of those extremist christians who shove religion down your throat and make militia's up just in case ww3 happens...

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #5258432 - 02/03/06 07:27 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yes the cartoons were offensive.

I was however extremely offended by the death threats and AK47 toting gunmen storming the EU embassy in Gaza. At that point republishing the cartoons became an act of defiance against religious bigotry and in my opinion the only correct response.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: koppie]
    #5258555 - 02/03/06 09:15 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Can anyone post these toons?

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Edited by KaptKid (02/03/06 09:16 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5262943 - 02/04/06 03:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, 9 year old A'isha was his second wife, his first wife (Khadija) being older than Mohammed, predeceased him. But, check out THIS link as it connects Mohammed and the tradition that he was immersed in with current practices:

http://www.muslimhope.com/AishaNine.htm

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #5263111 - 02/04/06 03:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, some of the cartoons they're ululating against weren't even published by the Danish newspaper, they're bogus ones being distributed by Islamist provocateurs to fan the flames (as if that were necessary).

Here's a link to all twelve of the cartoons. Some are neutral, one is a total copout by a cartoonist too chicken to risk the wrath of loonies (why did he even bother submitting anything at all?) at least one of them is arguably complimentary to Mohammed, some poke fun more at his followers than Mohammed himself, and -- yes -- two or three portray Mohammed himself in a bad light. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge and judge for yourself.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/sarticle.php?id=12146

These folks are loony tunes -- "I'm so angry at your portrayal of Islam as violent that if you don't stop, I SWEAR TO ALLAH I'LL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND BURN YOUR FAMILY AT THE STAKE!!!"

Phred

--------------------

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: Seuss]
    #5263177 - 02/04/06 04:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

every time a terrorist does something mean, the rest of the world should publish degrading cartoons that will upset the terrorist, in honor of said terrorist action. They don't seem to mind getting killed, but they sure can't take a mocking cartoon... so why not use it against them...

Do you honestly think that the ones that strap dynamite to their chests and blow themselves up will give a fuck about a cartoon?

Arab: "Fuck this man, I ain't doing it, I saw a cartoon last week that really made me think Mohammed sucks ass. Here, take your bombs back, I quit!"  :grin:

--------------------
:orly:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5263190 - 02/04/06 04:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Microcosmatrix said:
Do you honestly think that the ones that strap dynamite to their chests and blow themselves up will give a fuck about a cartoon?

yes, they will be infuriated that someone else has published another mockery of their faith and blow up more people

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Islam, cartoons and freedom of speech - Im pissed off [Re: Phred]
    #5263374 - 02/04/06 05:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I know that it's a site made just for drawing depictions of mohammed after the reaction of the original cartoons...i had never said those images on that site WERE the ones originally printed on the danish newspaper. I had just pasted that url after THIS was said since there is a depiction of it somehwere on that site...

"think they'd enjoy seeing him portrayed more accurately, sketching him as a paedophile is accurate since his first wife was only 9yo "

well, things are getting out of control now with these cartoons...a danish embassy was set on fire in syria after people had text messaged each other saying that the danish ambassador was burning a koran... :rolleyes:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#5263462 - 02/04/06 05:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

things often get out of hand when you involve religious extremists

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom