Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Redstorm]
    #5261756 - 02/04/06 07:00 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

they're pissed off because their religion forbids the representation, in any way, of their prophet mahomet.

on one side, you've got those who aren't respectful towards a religion's principles, and on the other you've got religious people who aren't respectful towards independent journalism's right to free expression.

complicated issue, but i hate to see a polarization of mentalities like that, definitely not a good sign.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineheidegger
Stranger

Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Alex213]
    #5262023 - 02/04/06 09:33 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Over-reaction from which leaders? The Hamas leaders response was pretty rational.

For example, the iranian president is considering boycotts against all countries where the cartoons have been published. Other countries like egypt etc. demand explicit excuses from the leaders of these nations (obviously they can't differentiate the press from the government). Many arabic nations demand punishment of the people involved in the publication of the cartoons.

"A leader of the Islamic militant Hamas group, which recently swept Palestinian parliamentary elections, told an Italian newspaper on Saturday that the cartoons were an "unforgivable insult" that should be punished by death.

"We should have killed all those who offend the Prophet and instead here we are, protesting peacefully," Mahmoud Zahar, a top leader of the militant Islamic group that won the January 25 Palestinian elections, told Italian daily Il Giornale.

"We should have killed them, we should have required just punishment for those who respect neither religion nor its holiest symbols," Zahar was quoted as saying."
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/04/syria.cartoon.ap/ (please note that this is 3rd-hand information)

Edited by heidegger (02/04/06 09:37 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: exclusive58]
    #5262045 - 02/04/06 09:46 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
they're pissed off because their religion forbids the representation, in any way, of their prophet mahomet.

on one side, you've got those who aren't respectful towards a religion's principles, and on the other you've got religious people who aren't respectful towards independent journalism's right to free expression.

complicated issue, but i hate to see a polarization of mentalities like that, definitely not a good sign.

The dictates of their religion apply only to the adherents of their religion. They can chop the heads off all the Muslim idiots who make pictures of Muhammed or shave their beards or whatever moronic decrees they make. I don't give a fuck. But they sure as shit won't be telling me I can't draw a picture of Mohammed buggering a piglet. Because I choose not to join their 7th century whack job cult.

There is nothing the least bit complicated about the issue. They have no claim to authority over anyone who is not willingly Muslim. End of discussion. They can complain all they want, but that's it.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5262113 - 02/04/06 10:29 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Check the news. Muslims just stormed the Syrian embassy compounds of Norway and Denmark and set them both on fire.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5263117 - 02/04/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

No surprise there from the neanderhals.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5263492 - 02/04/06 05:40 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i think all of this might be a reflection of the muslim's relation to their religion, if they are so easily offended by a critic aimed at their religion and if they react the way they do, it may be because they aren't so confident in it and they have doubts about it. or something like that...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: exclusive58]
    #5263500 - 02/04/06 05:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I seriously doubt that, based on my experiences with them. The Muslims I have known seem to have no doubt at all about the truth of their religion.

And that would be why they get so offended. They see the Qu'ran and Mohammed's teachings as universal and absolute, sent down by God himself, so that anyone who violates them (no matter who) would be going against God's will. And to not only violate it by trying to draw Mohammed, but actually mocking Mohammed as a terrorist, well...

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Ravus]
    #5263534 - 02/04/06 05:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

they're worse than baptists.

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: wilshire]
    #5263654 - 02/04/06 06:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

They should watch how Christ and Santa were treated on "South Park"!

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: kotik]
    #5263674 - 02/04/06 06:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
haha terrorists using microsoft office. isn't that such a perfect picture of the world?

As opposed to terrorists writing it?!

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Silverwolf]
    #5264889 - 02/05/06 12:20 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

geez,these people are so wacked out it pisses me off...now even more about hearing this cartoon.HA...I hope south park makes up an episode FAST,I'm sure they will...c'mon its south park!

--------------------

Offlinepharao
^^^^^
Male

Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #5265835 - 02/05/06 11:37 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.drawmohammed.com

its a cartoon, damnit. Im in norway, should I start fearing that muslims in my country is out to hurt me because of a cartoon now?? is that the point, i dont want to do that, we should never let muslims in strange corners of the world tell us what to feel or what to do. its bad enough that the goverment here doesnt dare speak up against usa and george bush but I can live with that, usa and scandinavians have similar lifestyles and stuff. but we should never ever let extremist tell us what to do and the goverment better not apoligize. the people behind this cartoon and the newspaper has allready apoligized for it, that should be enough, but nooo they want them dead , and there is no crime here in scandinavia with death penalty, making a cartoon is not a crime here so it seems that this conflict will last, probably end up in more violance. And i dont think spending more money in palestiania, libanon, sudan and so on is a good idea anymore. I think we should stop wasting our tax and oil money with trying to help these people. And we could also show some viking muscles instead of put up with this crap.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: pharao]
    #5266430 - 02/05/06 02:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

French Strike Deal to Quell Anti-Cartoon Riots

by Scott Ott

(2006-02-03) ? The French newspaper that set off Muslim riots this week by republishing Danish editorial cartoons implying a connection between Islam?s founder and modern acts of terror, announced today it had reached a negotiated settlement with a leading Islamic group to end the controversy which has sparked boycotts, violence, gunfire and hostage-takings.

?We should not have portrayed this peaceful religion, or its Prophet (peace be upon him), as angry, violent, or reactionary,? said an unnamed editor of the French daily from his bunker in an undisclosed location. ?Starting tomorrow, we will atone for our insults to Mohammed (peace be upon him), and demonstrate that we are fair and balanced.?

Under the terms of its agreement with the group, Bond of Muslim Brotherhood, the paper will run a series of cartoons portraying Jews as ?greedy deceivers who control the world from their headquarters in the territory they stole from the Palestinians.?

A spokesman for the Islamic cleric group said, ?We welcome this anti-Semitic gesture as a reasonable first-step toward reconciliation that will allow us to protect the reputation of the Prophet (peace be upon him), as we gradually phase out some of our planned riots, bombings and beheadings.?

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2168

Phred

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Phred]
    #5267633 - 02/05/06 09:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

great! I love it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5268951 - 02/06/06 10:27 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

im a pretty damned good cartoonist.
i could manupulate the hell out of muslim extremests.
do some dirty drawings of mohammed,
put my enemies name on it as author,
post it on an islamist militant website.
sit back and smoke weed.

jesus, seriously, the extemests are only prooving the cartoons right. which is sad. it shows how easily influenced they are. a tool for ANYONE with a little evil and brains.

like for example, if you wanted to get westborogh baptist church blown up.... just photoshop a few of their protest photos, except add "mohhammed=fag" on one of the posters or something.
bang, no more WBS.
im not doing it of course.
just pointing out how easily the world is fucked.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5273779 - 02/07/06 02:44 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

More deaths as anti-cartoon riots spread

"In Iran, which is locked in a nuclear stand-off with the West and has cut trade ties with Denmark where the cartoons were first published, crowds pelted the Danish Embassy in Tehran with petrol bombs and stones for a second day."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/07/cartoon.protests/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

seriously... what the hell is with these people?

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5276210 - 02/08/06 03:10 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

> seriously... what the hell is with these people?

This is nothing... wait until Iran has nukes... then we get to see all sorts of fun when somebody publishes a cartoon mocking the peaceful, loving, and tolerant religion of Islam.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Seuss]
    #5276234 - 02/08/06 03:27 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wait until Iran has nukes

That's gonna be one long fucking wait

--------------------
:orly:

Offlinefunnybunny
Saboten Bomber
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Spain
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5276411 - 02/08/06 07:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Iran's atomic program going to the Security Council of the UN is the reason. Those cartoons are the excuse.

Why?

Because of this.

http://images.google.com/images?q=muhammad
http://images.google.com/images?q=mohammad
http://images.google.com/images?q=mohammed
http://images.google.com/images?q=muhammed
http://images.google.com/images?q=mahomet
http://images.google.com/images?q=mahoma

Here you are, tons of banned pictures of the prophet, long before any generalized explosion of muslim rage. In fact, the cartoons were published in september 2005!!!

In order to get people burn and blow things up when you need it, nothing is as effective as eyedropped misinformation.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Muslim anger on cartoons spreads [Re: funnybunny]
    #5276713 - 02/08/06 09:44 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Can you re-word what your saying. I'm not fully understanding it.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom