Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoppaWoody
Loc: Tampa, Fl
JLF Catalog
    #525072 - 01/18/02 09:57 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I am thinking of ordering some dried Amanita muscaria from there website. Does anyone have any experience with this vendor?

--------------------
[red]Remember:[/red] Your whole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: JLF Catalog [Re: PoppaWoody]
    #525100 - 01/18/02 10:26 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

My friend does.

They have been around for years, well known for a small classified type ad in the back of High Times mag. A few months ago they got raided by the US Federal goverment for being involved as a hook up for "research chemicals". They claim that no law has been broken and that no charges have been filed, but that they are now almost bankrupt due to the goverment taking money and inventory.

You can draw your own conclusions based on that.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

Re: JLF Catalog [Re: Jammer]
    #525111 - 01/18/02 10:35 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't they sell live Ergot cultures?

OfflinePoppaWoody
    #525152 - 01/18/02 11:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thamks, I did a small order ($150) for dried A+ Amanita muscaria. I will update on if they arrive

--------------------
[red]Remember:[/red] Your whole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others

OfflinePoppaWoody
Re: JLF Catalog [Re: ]
    #525155 - 01/18/02 11:17 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I wish, Ergot is to controlled and I don't see it listed. I wish. My goal in the next two years is to learn how to synthasize LSD. I am learning and preparing

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #525202 - 01/19/02 12:09 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I was just reading an article in this months Rolling Stone, about why they got busted. I guess some dumbass overdosed and died on some 2-c-t7 from JLF. Then they got raided.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

Re: JLF Catalog [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #525208 - 01/19/02 12:15 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, I'm almost certain they used to sell Ergot cultures.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #525222 - 01/19/02 12:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Their Amanita Muscaria is from the PNW. I have read that the chemicals in our local species differ from the chemicals in the Siberian species. In history it is the Siberian species that has been used in ceremonies. I would proceed with caution when using the local species. I have ordered from them in the past. I received nicely dried specimens. I was scared to eat them though because of all of the ambiguous imformation regarding the species.

Anyone here tried the local (U.S.) species? If so please reply with details.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: JLF Catalog [Re: Joshua]
    #525230 - 01/19/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I have tried them a few years ago.

The class A grade was a decent buzz (grades less than grade "A" sucked) when I eat the entire OZ (grade A) and drank beer on it. The only side effect that I noticed was the feeling of being tough... (like alcohol)...

After eating the $60.00 worth (prices have came down) and several beers it did create some kewel visons. There wear no parinoid feelings. (seemed pretty clean)

I hope this helps.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (01/19/02 01:08 AM)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#525237 - 01/19/02 01:02 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I would caution others in eating such a large amount. I would also advise against drinking beer as it will tax your liver in conjunction w/ the ibotenic acid and muscarine present in the amanitas.

I didn't think that so much was required. I thought that less than one dried cap should do the trick. I wonder if their specimens are heavily oxidized. I guess I need to go back to literature to see what the accepted dose value is.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflinePoppaWoody
    #525279 - 01/19/02 02:01 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Why, theses are supposed to be psyocibe only more % by volume? It's not like they ared death cps or anything. Am I wrong? Is the psychoactive compund different from the ones we grow and pick from cow patties?

--------------------

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Loc: MA
    #525282 - 01/19/02 02:06 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'd avoid buying herbs and such from JLF as their stock is usually very old and poorly kept.And some milk thistle before the amanitas should prevent any liver toxicity.Get an extract with a 70-80% Silymarin content (The active constitute of milk thistle) the dosage is around 140-200 mgs 3 times daily.It also protects against the damaging effects to the liver of things like alcohol and tylenol.Tylenols some nasty shit.If the government wasn't so worried about people getting high instead of maintaining health they'd bring back opiates and get rid of the NSAIDS,nasty little chemicals.

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#525284 - 01/19/02 02:07 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You want to serve as a warning to others, eh?

Amanita muscaria come from a different family of mushrooms, hence amanita not psilocybe. The Amanita family contains some of the most deadly mushrooms known. I mentioned earlier the active compounds in muscarias. They act as dileriants not as psychedelics. I would suggest reading up on them before you ingest.

I love psilocybes and eat them with out worry. I am scared of amanitas. Liver failure does not sound like fun to me, be careful and know the details.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Anonymous

#525340 - 01/19/02 04:32 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Amanita family also contains some very choice edibles. Don't cut down a whole family because of one bad relative!

When consuming Amanita muscaria, the skin of the cap is the best part. This is where the active chemicals are most concentrated. Skin and dry. Several grams is ok for a 'beginner dose'. This would be about 3 caps.

The high is kind like a drunken stupor but a high doses, strange things can happen. I know of one guy who stayed locked in his trailer for 3 days, naked on the floor. He said he thought he was a worm.

I picked, skinned and dried several pounds a couple years from a huge patch in northern BC close to the alaskan border. None of my customers had any complaints.

Invisiblejim2
enthusiast
Re: JLF Catalog [Re: ]
    #525433 - 01/19/02 09:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

" I know of one guy who stayed locked in his trailer for 3 days, naked on the floor. He said he thought he was a worm."

wow, that's a rough weekend! i hope nobody tried to use his castings!

Edited by jim (01/19/02 09:39 AM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: JLF Catalog [Re: jim2]
    #525466 - 01/19/02 10:31 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

lmfaoooo Jim
Just watch out for Max selling worm casings in the future.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#525505 - 01/19/02 11:24 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I was selling amanitas from the PNW last couple of years. I gave them to a couple interested friends to try and they had a very intense experience from a mere 20 grams by making a tea from it. One of my friends who is a very experiened tripper said the 20grams was almost to much for him.... he felt 15g's would have been more suitable. Said he had about an 8 hour journey of intense waves of euphoric feelings...unlike psilocybin mushrooms. Lots of sweating and felt nausea the first hour.
I personally have still not had the balls to try them yet and doubt I ever will. I like the psilo's just way to much !
BTW, we will no longer be selling dried amanitas.

As for JLF, why not just ask him if he has them in stock......if they took all of his product...that means he has been busy getting new product and it should all be fresh :) And he can certainly use the money for his legal battles right now.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: JLF Catalog [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #525540 - 01/19/02 12:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: JLF Catalog [Re: ralphster44]
    #525744 - 01/19/02 06:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Same here Ralphie. I ordered a ounce and a few days later I found this website. They came and I threw them away. I ll wait on my cubs to harvest and try the real thing. I resarched the Amantas and frankly didnt see much positive reports and it isnt worth getting sick on.

--------------------

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: JLF Catalog [Re: SouthernGent]
    #526133 - 01/20/02 12:12 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

amanitas have always been a 'sweat and hurl to spirituality' type drug. Personally Id love to try some, but id never buy any.
southern gent, what a waste. Ive heard about some cultures using them in food as somthing of a nutritional supplement. According to some documents a very pleasant overall feeling of well being can be acheived if small amounts are eaten, especially with food. Next time you decide to toss something send it to me instead.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags