Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: Irdamage]
    #5258764 - 02/03/06 12:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

> It is true, if the world became vegetarian there would be no world hunger.

We could feed the world now if we really wanted to.  The world becoming vegetarian wouldn't change a thing... other than lots of domesticated farm animals becoming extinct...

It is true, if the world all wore rose colored glasses there would be no violence. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: Seuss]
    #5258908 - 02/03/06 01:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Im a vegetarian.

I miss eating meat. However, I will not eat factory farmed animals.
Since I cannot afford the "good shit", I choose to eat red beans an rice.
People have a misconceived notion that fish is better. Lemme tell you. Farmed fish is just as bad (im me opinion). There are the few lucky times I get chances to get fresh, wild salmon that friends catch. mm mmm. In spring runs, I grab my pole and hit the river bank for some catch of my own.

Ever heard the adage, we are what we eat? Guess what people, we eat FOOD. We are FOOD. As long as the proper respect and know-how is paid, I feel there is absolutly nothing wrong with ending the life of an animal brother to sustain our own. That is, anyhow, the way the real cycle works.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: lysergicide]
    #5259101 - 02/03/06 02:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

theres been alot of good points in this thread, thought id add my opinion.
killing animals for sport is different than killing them for food consumption. im much against killing animals for fun n sport, but i love eating meat. we are human, we can eat both, like its been said, look at your teeth. humans were made a specific way. you shouldnt feel bad eating meat because an animal had to die, thats the circle of life. animals get eaten. when we were cavemen, we were eaten. and we ate.
but we can survive without meat. you shouldnt be completely against meat, but if you are, if youre completely disgusted by it or you feel guilty, than dont force yourself to eat it.

in the end, its all about survival. humans will kill so they could survive. plants have a life energy, but we cant relate to plants on the emotional level as we can with animals, but it is the same. as long as you eat (no matter what it is), as long as you survive, it shouldnt and doesnt matter how, as long as you do.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: WildRunner]
    #5260172 - 02/03/06 07:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Farmed fish is just as bad (im me opinion).

farmed fish is foul.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: Deviate]
    #5260177 - 02/03/06 08:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
in addition you face quite a lot of discrimination and prejudice. there are many people out there who feel that everyone should eat meat and if you don't there is something wrong with you. they will make fun of you and your choices of food every opportunity they get. then you also have to explain to people why you're a vegetarian.

Watching "everybody loves raymond" right now - His mother made a tofu turkey (because of her health concerns) which they all choke down tongue in cheek, and a soy cake which raymond takes a lick of the icing and gags..

At work people laughed at me for eating an avacado with a spoon and talking about my motivations towards vegetarianism - its not fun when 20+ people turn their attention to you while trying to force their pro-meat unaware and unhealthy attitudes.

My stepfather just had an angioplasty, quit smoking and has dramaticly changed his diet - In the past he would accept my choice to move away from meat and drink soy but retort with something like "i love meat i've eaten it all my life." Now he calls me over for dinner with organic foul or fresh non-farmed fish and even tofu, soy, and organic vegetables.

It took him a near death experience to make him understand..

case and point.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: PDU]
    #5260207 - 02/03/06 08:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Meat by itself is not unhealthy. The switch to grain feeding (to fatten) cattle from healthy grass fed is the culprit. Grass fed organic, free range beef is very lean and some of its fat content is now in healthy omega 3 fatty acids. Antibiotics and hormones are another problem that organic beef avoids. You can be very healthy eating this meat. It also contains CLA which is very healthy and helps with weight control and acts as a cancer preventative. CLA is hard if not impossible to find in non red meat foods as far as I know.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Becoming a vegetarian [Re: eligal]
    #5260213 - 02/03/06 08:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'll be omnivorous to the day I die. I love the taste of meat and I wouldn't change my high meat diet for anything. My meat comes from many different places. Some of it I obtain by killing deer, squirrel, rabbit, feral hogs, dove, and quail. I also like to fish. I participate in every detail of it harvest. I pull the trigger, clean the animal, butcher the meat, and cook it. I also get meat from the grocery store and where they got it I don't care.

I would never hurt an animal for my own pleasure, but I will kill for sport which in turn puts meat in the freezer for me. I'll never feel remorse for doing it either. There is absolutely nothing wrong about it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles