Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDICK
Stranger
Wish me luck!
    #5253719 - 02/02/06 01:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so just 10 mins ago I innocculated 2 BRF PF half pint plastic jars... One Ecuadorian the other B+ this is my secong 'grow' ('grow' because my first 2 'test' one are not yet complete... but my Amazonian will be birthed in a week or so...!) The substrate is VERY airy and 'clumpy' so I guess thats a good thing right? but I noticed there was some moisture condensation in the jars I believe from steam sterilization (no PC on this end yet) Ill se if I can post pics soon but most of all, from newbies and veterans all out there... Wish me luck!! :laugh:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCapCaptain
V.I.T.R.I.O.L.

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Wish me luck! [Re: DICK]
    #5253770 - 02/02/06 02:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck !!!
One piece of advice thou. Those Amazonians will be very potent despite the fact that they've been grown on BRF, trust me on this one!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------

THERE IS NO SPOON
My first trip VVVVVVVV
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5240648/an/0/page/0

OfflineDICK
Stranger
Re: Wish me luck! [Re: CapCaptain]
    #5253780 - 02/02/06 02:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Woo woo!! This will be my very forst trip too...!

Are the dosage the same no matter what strain/potency? Im planning on getting myself a pocket scale soon and dosing on 1 to maybe 2 grams on my first... Is this a good idea?

OfflineCapCaptain
V.I.T.R.I.O.L.

#5253794 - 02/02/06 02:23 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Basically yes, the dosage is relatively the same. Well my GF (150lbs.) did 25.3 wet grams and she reached a level 5 trip, I did the same amount and I (190lbs.) reached a level 3, remember that 22.3 wet grams is about 2.23 dry grams. That was also my first time tripping, a lot of people recommended using less, but what the hell, it was my first time. Remember that your first time will be only once, so I'll say take about 2.5 dry grams, if you can take them wet even better.

--------------------

THERE IS NO SPOON
My first trip VVVVVVVV

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
    #5253819 - 02/02/06 02:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

22.3 grams wet will dry to 2.23 grams, but it's not the same potency. When you dry mushies to store them, they lose virtually all psilocin, the secondary hallucinogenic compound much less stable than psilocybin. So, as a rule of thumb, fresh mushies are more potent than dried ones. Not incredibly more potent, but noticeably so.

--------------------

OfflineCapCaptain
V.I.T.R.I.O.L.

Re: Wish me luck! [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5253835 - 02/02/06 02:41 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
22.3 grams wet will dry to 2.23 grams, but it's not the same potency. When you dry mushies to store them, they lose virtually all psilocin, the secondary hallucinogenic compound much less stable than psilocybin. So, as a rule of thumb, fresh mushies are more potent than dried ones. Not incredibly more potent, but noticeably so.

Right, so after you get use to the wet potency you can increase your dry dose a bit to get to the same level

--------------------

THERE IS NO SPOON
My first trip VVVVVVVV

OfflineGrib_iz_Pitera
<CrimsonPants>
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Russia
    #5254264 - 02/02/06 09:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck and happy first trip!

--------------------
-Hey, what are doing here in the forest?!
-I'm..I'm just picking mushrooms..
-Look, he's  j u s t  picking mushrooms! Is that you who planted them?!

OfflineDICK
Stranger
Re: Wish me luck! [Re: Grib_iz_Pitera]
    #5254495 - 02/02/06 11:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thanks!

so anyway for my first trip should I trip on fresh mushies? And what would that equate to for a level 2 or 3 trip?

Non of my buddies have tried hrroms either, so itll be hard to find an adequate sitter but I think I can find someone and explain everything Ill go through so theyll better understand. Maybe a girl since theyre less likely to try and fuck with my head haha. Knowing this will be my first trip, should I just go to a full blown level 5? Ive read almost EVERY ounce of info on this site (I think I migh me adicted...) so I have a better understanding of everything, but no matter how much I read its not experience.

Whats the ABSOLUTE worse than can happen on a level 5 for my first time if I start freaking out?

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5254757 - 02/02/06 01:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Don't do it. Mushrooms aren't a toy. A level 5 trip is a journey into borderline insanity. You'll most likely curl up into a ball and pray for it to end. Stick with level 2 or 3.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Wish me luck! [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5254822 - 02/02/06 01:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, definitely DO NOT aim for a level 5 for your first time. That will turn you off to shrooming forever. Stay with 2-3 for your first several, until you really have a feel for it all. Once you know what to expect and you know what you can handle, then you can try to push the envelope a little bit.

If you need to know what dose to take, use the Magic Mushroom Dosage Calculator here on the site. I don't have the link because I don't feel like getting it, so just search it.

Be careful, be safe. Bon voyage.

--------------------

OfflineDICK
Stranger
Re: Wish me luck! [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5255271 - 02/02/06 03:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thanks! greatly appreciated.

I thought since it would be my first time, a level 5 trip would be ok since after this, mushies just wont be as intense or a 'unique' experience.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5255302 - 02/02/06 03:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Level 5 for your first time is just begging for a bad trip though. It would be completely overwhelming. Most likely you'd feel like you have no control and start to freak out, start to think, "oh no, what have I done?!" and get really worried and paranoid, a feeling which only escalates exponentially when you're tripping.

Quote:

I thought since it would be my first time, a level 5 trip would be ok since after this, mushies just wont be as intense

Not true at all. I've read trip reports of people who have been doing hallucinogens for 20+ years yet claimed a recent trip was the most intense they've ever had. Just go with a regular level 2-3 trip with your first time. You want it to be an enjoyable experience, not an overwhelming nightmare.

--------------------

OfflineCapCaptain
V.I.T.R.I.O.L.

#5255304 - 02/02/06 03:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, by no means aim for a level 5, that's to much for a first time, and believe me I KNOW (read my first time VVVVV), if you can have a sitter with you it'll be better, because you have no idea what an amazing experience it is, and how quickly it can turn the other way, NO IDEA

--------------------

THERE IS NO SPOON
My first trip VVVVVVVV

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation