Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
People making comments in class...
    #5248431 - 01/31/06 07:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so after my Calculus II class got a 33% average on our last test, I decided to try looking around for a different teacher.

I found a class and sat-in tonight. The teacher was still very boring, very sloppy and unclear, and not much better than my other prof, but I did infact learn a great deal.

The whole time though this kid right behind me was making comments about how confusing it was, how bad the teacher was, and how he didn't want to be there.

I was so close to turning around and saying "Then LEAVE!"

I mean, this isn't highschool, and you have the freedom to leave whenever you want. You're paying to be here and to learn, and if you aren't getting anything from the teacher or you don't want to be here then fucking LEAVE!

I actually went out of my way to be in that class tonight! Everyone there knew that (they saw me walk in and heard me ask if the prof would mind me sitting in) and this kid can't even respect that!

If he had put as much effort into asking the teacher questions as he did in making negative comments to express his frustration he might've actually learned something. I made comments, and asked the prof to clarify something, and when he did the whole class was like "Ohhh, I get it..." I actually helped the whole class by critically examining the material! And this asshole makes comments like this:

Teacher: "The easiest thing to do in this case would be..."

Kid: "... to put down your pencil and walk out!"

Ugh... people with this attitude just fucking irritate me! This is college! Put in the effort or get the fuck out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: People making comments in class... [Re: dr0mni]
    #5248441 - 01/31/06 07:58 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You should say something.

I'm in college, and sometimes in lecture halls with up to 300 kids. There are always some complainers. Tell them to shut their damn mouthes.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #5248550 - 01/31/06 08:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I find that I always learn with utmost proficiency and effectivity when I do it myself - and with the book, texts and relevant information/tasks at hand.

I learned this the hard way. Now, I've learned to be far more independent and free-spirited and that it is in my own best interest to learn a subject by whatever method that has given me consistent success. Before, I would niavely think that I just "had" to show up to every class, just..well..."because" - even if the teacher's teaching ethics were sub par. Nowadays, in such a case whereby a teacher isn't really "into it" and not reaching alot of people very well, I will gladly skip non-test/quiz days and head straight to the campus library so I can study for hours and mow through the book myself. Whenever the teacher is sub-par [to my learning style, at least], I find that the textbooks are always, at the very LEAST, sufficient. I almost don't really need a lecturer - but sometimes I do catch a few noteworthy points that I might've missed before or gain extra advice/insight by attending a lecture.

Obviously, the old adage "different strokes for different folks" still applies here. I, for one, am a very visually-oriented learner and a natural book-worm, add to that the fact that I am naturally a lone-wolf type character, who prefers studying alone [permits more focus and less distractions]. At most, I will find myself acquainted with the very occasional one-on-one partner - anything beyond that, will affect my focus and productivity.
Other people probably exclaim that the precise opposite of everything I've said here, works best for them. :justdontknow:

My way: Independence and productivity = good grades

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: People making comments in class... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5248564 - 01/31/06 08:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:strokebeard:

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: People making comments in class... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5248662 - 01/31/06 08:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, last semester I had a prof who was a real asshole and who i couldn't learn anything from. I didn't even go to class and just studied like hell on my own. I passed the class with an A!

Unfortunately this math teacher assigns, collects, and GRADES homework! Which I've never heard of a math prof doing! So I kinda have to attend this class. When I read the book and study on my own I get the material, but it's the tests... they are six questions and no partial credit! If you miss two you fucking fail!

I've been dragging my feet these past few weeks and have found it hard to get back into good study habits after a month of winter break, smoking my entire months income in kindbud... But I'm starting to wake up now...

I just have to make a habit of studying from the time I get home from class until bed time... it's the only way I'm going to pass all my classes...

I need to be banned from the shroomery... that'd probably help a ton! LOL!

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: People making comments in class... [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #5248675 - 01/31/06 08:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hobbitxkillyou said:
You should say something.

I'm in college, and sometimes in lecture halls with up to 300 kids. There are always some complainers. Tell them to shut their damn mouthes.

Like I said, I was very close to doing so... but the class was almost over anyways. If it happens again next time I sit in I'll definitely say something...

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5248682 - 01/31/06 08:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

this thread reminded me that i need to study.

thanks!

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinelwo
Stranger
Loc: redland USA
    #5248686 - 01/31/06 08:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Forget that idiot guy. Be checking out the girl with the wide ass and try some calculus to equally her equation! Then, pass your tests more often.

--------------------
Weed Love When the cherry is bomb, get it on.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: People making comments in class... [Re: lwo]
    #5248737 - 01/31/06 09:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

HAHA!

Yeah, I'm working on that too...

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: People making comments in class... [Re: lwo]
    #5248766 - 01/31/06 09:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. It's especially painful when people just transfer into a class that you're interested in because they need the credit, or think it's easy credit, etc.

I had a class that everyone was pretty into last semester. It carried on to this one, and these three dumb, annoying girls somehow transfered in. They're much worse in packs...

But you said just what I thought, "Shut the fuck up, this isn't high school." Not only are you paying an ass-load, but if you really don't want to be there, you don't have to be. You want a degree so you can get paid more? (in theory) Well, they wouldn't be paying you shit if the degree was handed out for free. There's just too many people going to school for the wrong reasons. No one has any desire to gain any knowledge. A lot of them are business majors, etc. Not that there aren't good ones. Just that a lot think of it as an easy way to go.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #5249112 - 01/31/06 10:19 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Why didn't you just move?

Next time don't sit near the kid

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #5249119 - 01/31/06 10:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

sorry, i'm not sure how one goes about getting that much sand out of their vagina.

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: People making comments in class... [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #5249302 - 01/31/06 10:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

That happened to me, they usually will fuck you with Calc 2. Calc one was no home work, nothing, just tests. Calc2 they fucking pour that shit on, homework, quizzes, tests.

Calc3 is the same fucking thing.

Calc4 is the same thing.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: People making comments in class... [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #5251162 - 02/01/06 01:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
sorry, i'm not sure how one goes about getting that much sand out of their vagina.

:finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale