Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Tripping with parents
    #524266 - 01/18/02 08:03 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'm talking about tripping *with* your parents, not just around them. Has anyone ever done this? I've been wanting to trip with my mother for a while but I'm not quite sure how to bring it up. I know she's never tried any psychedelic before, but she's into a lot of spiritual new-age stuff so I think it would be something she would be interested in. Any advice on how I should go about this? Any personal experience? We have a pretty good relationship and talk about a lot of in depth things, so I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be upset. My only concern is that if she knew I tripped she might be worried about me going out with my friends and thinking I'm going to hurt myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: Tripping with parents [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #524619 - 01/18/02 02:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

bad idea

OfflineCOZMKSTRCHLD
Loc: sn-sky-mun-strz
    #524775 - 01/18/02 04:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i told mom she should experience the shroom. she won't cuz they're illegal. she would be hilarious. my dad found out i was growing and i told him i wanted us to shroom at camp in the montana mountains. he told me i could stick the shrooms up my ass. pretty sad.

Invisibleasydblot
journeyman
    #524850 - 01/18/02 05:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

if your parents are cool and still in good health i dont see why not

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Re: Tripping with parents [Re: COZMKSTRCHLD]
    #524943 - 01/18/02 07:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

haha

I wonder if someone who tries psychedelics for the first time in their 50's can really gain much out of it though. I mean they've already lived practically an entire life and are pretty set in their views. Do you think they would deny anything they learn because it means they lived their entire lives in the wrong state of mind? Or is it better late than never?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #524981 - 01/18/02 08:24 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I wonder if someone who tries psychedelics for the first time in their 50's can really gain much out of it though. I mean they've already lived practically an entire life and are pretty set in their views.

Didn't you just recommend Aldous Huxley's "The Door of Perception"? He was at least in his 40's when he first tripped.

By the time anyone trips they are fully immersed in consensus reality and totally culturally biased, through language, TV, school, etc. A full blown pyschedelic experience is no less a shock for a younger person except for expectation and generational indoctrination.

Who would you expect to be more blown away: a 50 yo agnostic Peace Corp worker who has seen the world , but never tripped, or a 20 yo evangelical, born-again Christian?

It is in the mental rigidity, not the years, that causes either new knowledge and insight or freak-outs.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Re: Tripping with parents [Re: Swami]
    #524994 - 01/18/02 08:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

This is very true. And she has a fairly open mind so I think she's be ok.

InvisibleAzulAgave
    #525075 - 01/18/02 10:01 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

try to to find out what her youth experiences were. that would give you an idea of what she has already tried or done.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #525736 - 01/19/02 05:40 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

dr hofmann thinks that psychedelics are best used by middle-aged & older folks...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblesunconscious
Loc: Calgary
    #525763 - 01/19/02 06:39 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

you'll have to educate them about shrooms, how they wont hurt you, etc. dont say "i read it on the internet" because old people dont understand the internet. they would probably be persuaded if you said your doctor told you they are safe. its hard to relate to old people!! :(

most western parents have been brought up their entire life brainwashed by government drug-war propaganda. their immediate reaction will be one of fear and anger. if my parents EVER found out i did drugs they would probably disown me. :( of course its ok if i smoke or drink alcohol tho! idiots.

heres hoping your parents are not as stupid as mine

--------------------
=|) minds are growing

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Tripping with parents [Re: sunconscious]
    #525945 - 01/19/02 09:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Even the popular anti-drug literature and even the DEA site, says that the major danger of psilcybin mushrooms is that of taking poisonous misidentified mushrooms, not magic mushrooms themselves.

Yes, that is the best that they can come up with.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Tripping with parents [Re: Swami]
    #526945 - 01/20/02 10:19 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ya swami it might say that but the brainwashed western parents(mine included) just put all illegal drugs into one lump some and generealize them to be about as bad as heroine. And plus they are illegal to consume how dare someone ;o)

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #526976 - 01/20/02 11:07 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've tried to get my dad to overdose on DXM. I tell him that it's safe to take too much and have suggested that he drink a whole bottle. I've read him stuff from books saying that 'overdoses of dextromethorphan have produced bizzare biehaviour, but never death' (an OTC medicine guide), and so forth. The most he's ever done is 60mg. I have a ways to go.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Tripping with parents [Re: Kid]
    #527206 - 01/21/02 08:55 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

good luck with convincing your dad kid! it must be fun to see your dad being high on dex:)
My father wants to try a very low dose sometime, just to feel little effects. I think I'll give him 5g...hehe. he has never tried any drugs exept alcohol. I think I give him some hasj to eat first, because he wants to try that too once.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #530026 - 01/24/02 09:48 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

tripping you parents w/ too much is just mean, my mom and I trip all the time together (shrooms and acid) we also roll together. there is nothing more fun than me my gf,my mom and my older sister tripping or rollin. my suggestion is to ask her what she has done if possible do this while you both stoned if she gets high this will help her to be open plus if she get hi than she might be more interested, but if not than don't give up but don't pressure her or trick her,. It took me a few years of talking and reassuring my mom( the one and only time she had done acid she had a very bad and scary trip)that we would have lots of fun and I would take care of her if things went bad, of course my mom knew I had tripped alot and she has smoked weed w/ me since 9th grade Im 25 now just to let you know and we did not trip together till I was 18. but you have to have and open and special relationship w/ your parents just remember to them your always their baby, but after you have tripped together you will have a relationship bond no one else can touch

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: Tripping with parents [Re: joe666]
    #530233 - 01/24/02 02:10 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

the weirdos are out tonight...
if your parents are under 60 theyve done drugs. weed and entheogens a least, and maybe a couple lines of coke during the decade of greed [80s]. youd be suprised how many of your fathers have been in a gangbang or how many of your moms mightve had a lil poon on there breath at one time. you guys think theyre all old muthas, but they were around before aids fucked everything up and before the US govt decied they could outdo the nazis at there own game. things were alot looser then far more so than now. youd thin the way the cocksucking politicians talk that the 1980s-90s suddenly produced a bunch of hellion moraless kids. truth is its alway been that way. differencr between now and then is that then ppl knew kids were kids, now there just more free slave labor for the prison industrial complex. when harmless mischeif becomes a major point on law enforcments radar, shit needs to change. i got a lil off point here, but you all get me.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
    #530311 - 01/24/02 04:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

No, the thing is my mom has never done drugs at all. She drinks a bit but that's it. My biggest problem isn't going to be convincing her to do it with me, but to do it at all. I think she'll be receptive to tripping since she knows a lot about spirituality, but I'm not sure of her stance on chemical alterations of consciousness.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #530857 - 01/25/02 08:14 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, I'd never give him too much... cuz he might not like it then!

OfflineGuyute
addict

Re: Tripping with parents [Re: Peyotl]
    #531353 - 01/25/02 07:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

dude, you have some fucked up views on parents... I for one know that my mom isn't a bisexual crackfiend and my dad isn't into getting naked with other men and fucking she shit outta some chick... and not every parent under 60 has done drugs man. True, I probably know more that have done drugs and continue to do drugs, but I also know plenty of straight edge parents whom I have known all my life.

--------------------
The army's on ecstasy... so they say... I read all about it in the USA Today...
They stepped up urine testing, to make it go away... because its hard to
kill the enemy on ol' MDMA. -Oysterhead
You Enjoy Myself -Phish

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies