Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheShroomanShow
TheShroomanShow
 User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
Big Laughing Gym info wanted please!
    #5247591 - 01/31/06 04:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've searched the posts of almost all of the rooms and I can't find any damn information on the Big Laughing Gym (Gymnopilus Spectabilis). I may have found some here in VA but there's no FAQ on here about them. I have books and all that say they're halucinogenic but I'm wondering if they aren't even on this site if they even get you that messed up. So basically what I'm asking is:Are these good for tripping or are they like low-grade?
Laughing Gym
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/31/06 04:35 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Life is full of disappointments, but it's disappointing not to live life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: TheShroomanShow]
    #5247635 - 01/31/06 04:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting Shrooman. Just at the bottome of this very page, I see 10 links to posts about gyms, and each of those links probably points to several more posts about this mushroom. A google search for "big laughing gym" brings up 1.4 million hits, the first page of which appears to be quality at first glance. I think if you try a little harder, you'll be able to get this info.

Post a pic of the mushroom you found, and maybe we can help confirm the ID and share our thoughts about consumption.

xmush

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: xmush]
    #5247803 - 01/31/06 05:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: shroomydan]
    #5247999 - 01/31/06 06:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I kind of went threw the same thing a bit ago and had to do allot of reading and looking..
Gyms are out there and I just happened to stumble upon them one day.. I realized what I had found only by all the research I had done.. So when I found them all the bells and whistles wet off...
This is my first Gym Find..

All I can say is look. You need to get outside and look.
This along with all the knowledge you have from the Net. will give you a better Idea of what you are looking for and hopefully you will run across a patch!

Once you do you wont have a problem finding them (conditions depending) and you will be able to get a better understanding of when,how,where... Ya Dig?

:thumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineJackattack
Stranger

Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: YESSUP]
    #5248248 - 01/31/06 07:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I hate these people who knows the answers to questions like these and just tells you to search for it. What about me I came in here due to curiousity and I get punished too. WTF anyways I found the answers for other people like me who are curious.

Yes they are active and will make you trip.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: Jackattack]
    #5248343 - 01/31/06 07:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sigh.

The simple fact is, mushroom hunting and identification are not easy to master, therefore it is much better to invest some time into your education so that you don't make a mistake. A mistake being a trip to the ER or the morgue if you fuck-up. I'm sorry you 'hate us people', but there is something to say for taking ownership of your own knowledge and that is what people are trying to do when they tell others to do a quick search before posting their question.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5248549 - 01/31/06 08:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

What IU find discouraging about all of the field guides which list Gyumnopilus as hallucinogenic have probablyy never eaten one theirselves so i could never really rely ion their identification that the shrooms are psilocybian.

On the other hand, some chemists and biologists over the years have published data that some of them are hallucinogenic.

This is another species that arora and meser claimed were active on one coast and not ont he other and offered no psientific evidence to suppor their claims.

G. spectabilis also has noryangonine in it, a compound found in the kava plants.
There are 13 species known or capable of having the psilocine/psilocybine alkaloids in them.

mj

mj

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5251197 - 02/01/06 02:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Jackattack... I haven't been on this forum very long and have observed sooo many redundant questions. While I understand your frustration with not receiving quick answers, you have to understand there are no quick fixes when building your knowledge base in the field of mycology. No substitute for research exists... exploring the extensive archives maintained by this site is a great place to start. Enjoy!!!
georgem
even mushroom john after thirty years just learned that cyans have stems heehee just kidding

OfflineTheShroomanShow
TheShroomanShow
 User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
    #5251343 - 02/01/06 02:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Look you ass xmush, i searched the fucking "Search Posts" and got nothing. So I figured "Hey these people are cool, they can help me out!" And thankfully most of them were but then there's know-it-all asshats like you. So you can chill out and give a simple reply of 'yes' or 'no'on whether they are active or not. And for the record I apologized in advance for any oversights. Eat shit and die!

P.S Any moderators that have problems with this I apologize but you should be monitoring discouraging know-it-alls like him too.

--------------------
Life is full of disappointments, but it's disappointing not to live life.

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #5251417 - 02/01/06 02:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Borderline personality disorder ROCKS!
In all seriousness.. Perhaps try refining your search using the Latin name of the genus? Gymnopilus. I just tried it and the results were staggering. I don?t have any direct experience eating this mushroom so will refrain from attempting to offer any anecdotal information regarding potency, dosage, etc.
georgeM

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: georgeM]
    #5251428 - 02/01/06 02:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You know what, I should be more helpful. In the spirit of that, here is a link to a book that might help you out in the future. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764544209/103-1838956-0877431?v=glance&n=283155

xmush

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #5251446 - 02/01/06 03:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Chillllllllllllllllll Please your devastating my high :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Big Laughing Gym info wanted please! [Re: YESSUP]
    #5251660 - 02/01/06 03:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

TheShroomanShow,

Flaming is not allowed in this forum, and if you read the links which people have given you, you would have the answer to your question.

If you decide to post in this forum again, please refrain from flaming. Otherwise you will be banned.

This thread is now locked.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#5251662 - 02/01/06 03:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Locked.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies