Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Ohhh Shit I am sKiTzO [Re: WillieTomg]
    #5256018 - 02/02/06 04:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WillieTomg said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
What I want to know is "how do you know if you have it." This has been bugging me so I'm jacking the thread for a second. Several months ago I realized I was experiencing things that most people don't seem to. Like...I hear/see messages everywhere. When someone talks to me, I hear what they're REALLY saying, like I hear messages inside of messages, inside of messages. If someone says something to me it's like I HEAR something totally different, like words overlapping words. This has been happening more and more. Sometimes it makes it difficult to communicate because I'm not sure what exactly someone is telling me, when I'm hearing something else, does that makes any sense. This does not count the "dialogues" that I have constantly running in my head between people, but that's all my doing. Anyway, it's like I see messages woven into ordinary stuff, and people in certain places. Like in this one spot at work. Out of the corner of my eye, there is always a guy standing there. I can see him pretty clearly except when I look at him straight on he disappears. That's not a hallucination, that's a trick of the mind...right? I asked my coworkers if they imagined they can see a guy there too, and they looked at me all funny. I could go on and on about what's been happening, but whatever, I figure nobody wants to hear it.

My biggest question is how do you know if something is just a "trick of the mind" or not? Of if it's "just imagination?"

That isn't psychosis. That's FAR from psychosis. Read Dune by Frank Herbert. Better yet, read the entire series (yeah, yeah, I'm gay for Frank Herbert, and I think his series is the best ever written, sue me! :p)

That isn't craziness, you've just achieved a level of maturity, insight, and knowlegability about the human condition that you can read between what is said, and infer true meanings.

Can't explain the "guy" in the corner of your vision though. GET PUT ON ANTI-PSYCHOTIC MEDICATION IMMEDIATELY!!! (<----This is a very lame, nerdy attempt at a joke.)

Well, I guess it's not worth going into. As for Frank Herbert...I didn't like Dune. (*GASP*)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Ohhh Shit I am sKiTzO [Re: MOTH]
    #5256041 - 02/02/06 04:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

As for Frank Herbert...I didn't like Dune. (*GASP*)

I suppose I can forgive you... FOR NOW...  :uptosomething:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
    #5256044 - 02/02/06 04:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, I am stating that yes, to people diagnosed with schizophernia for the majorty, lsd will have a far greater impact on their pyshcosis than weed would. Yes, every mind is different, and symptoms that occur with schizophernia can vary significantly from person to person, but it is more likely to throw a person with schizophernia overboard, or spark an episode or further problems.

And um Willietomg, this is just me, i dont spend much time on the computer compared to outdoor acitvity and nature, but doesnt comparing being including as a high "rank" of a message board seem a little extreme? But hey, what ever floats your boat.

--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."

OfflineWillieTomg
Re: Ohhh Shit I am sKiTzO [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5256196 - 02/02/06 05:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Nah, I really don't give a shit. I just resent that I take time to write each post, and scan each one before I post to make sure it's readable and contributes something (or at least is moderately entertaining) and then some guys from a board I don't even post on give me a rating that I don't deserve.

If you must know, the whole thing started because they did the same thing to dr0mni, and I said that OTD could go fuck itself for taking down the rating of a very valuable member of the community for no good reason. OTD took offence, and rated me down too.

Ideally, I'd be outside too. But I have too many hours at the place where I work, and too little work to fill the time, so I just happen to browse the Shroomery a lot when I'm forced to sit at a desk and do nothing...

Besides, in my neck of the woods it's freakin' COLD outside.

Edit: Wait, what was this thread about again? Hmmm....

--------------------

Edited by WillieTomg (02/02/06 05:06 PM)

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

#5256220 - 02/02/06 05:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, well the whole "I wear each one as a badge of pride, like a soldier displaying his scars, each one representing another stride in my war against total dumbasses who don't know how to stay in the section of the forum cordoned off just for them. Your post was perfect OTD quality.
" thing seemed like you cared... maybe just a little but, whatever.

The climate where im at for winter has been a little absurd, temps are very high for this season, todays average was 60 f ! I live in virinia beach, va, so besides the cold winds not moving from the north, the salty air has something to do with the higher temps. btw where are you from?

Also, if you had something behind weed being more harmful to schizophernics than LSD, id be very interested to hear it.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#5256235 - 02/02/06 05:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I doubt I am skitzo. I just have a serious anxiety and emotional problem.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

#5256254 - 02/02/06 05:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

maybe a form of depression, or just social anxiety isssue.... i have a sometimes serious anxiety problem, with what used to more often than now, depressed states.

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5256261 - 02/02/06 05:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well I smoked weed yesterday. Lol lots of it 2 fat blunts. One was a regular blunt and one was a cyclone >.< <3 the cyclone. No voices since then woot. I am voice free probably for the next 15-40 days.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Ohhh Shit I am sKiTzO [Re: mikeownow]
    #5256279 - 02/02/06 05:28 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

haha self medication, what my parents loathed the most of my actions in my youth.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#5256299 - 02/02/06 05:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It's not social anxiety.  It's anxiety-everything.  There is never a time I do not feel anxious.  I mean, I got all worked up and anxious (like, I was crying) that I had schiztophrenia reading this thread, lol.  I feel panic and anxiety before READING A BOOK or WATCHING A TV SHOW for godssake.  (no, that's not related to why I didn't like Frank Herbert.  :tongue2:  (or maybe it might be?  I have a hard time finishing books because I get nervous, uneasy and hyper-conscious of the time I spend reading.))

Even making a post (especially about a topic like this) will make me feel paranoid, obsessive and freaked out so I'm just going to end it now and forget I made it.  Otherwise I will delete it.  So don't reply to this, because I think I'm going to leave this thread alone now.

It's too crazy in here for me.  :crazy2:

OfflineWillieTomg
    #5256388 - 02/02/06 05:50 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

seemed like you cared... maybe just a little but, whatever.

Caring about the rating?  Not at all.  Caring about a site that regularly deals in serious topics being overrun by a bunch of fools who don't know when a joke isn't funny anymore? ...Maybe just a little bit.  But I agree, whatever. 

Quote:

Also, if you had something behind weed being more harmful to schizophernics than LSD, id be very interested to hear it

I was actually agreeing with you that weed (while bad for psychotics) is less harmful than LSD.  I misread your post, and in my crazy world being hit by a car is less harmful than a point blank gunshot. I guess I have to specify a place to get shot for the metaphor to make sense.  So a gunshot wound to the head. 

Quote:

Well I smoked weed yesterday. Lol lots of it 2 fat blunts. One was a regular blunt and one was a cyclone >.< <3 the cyclone. No voices since then woot. I am voice free probably for the next 15-40 days.

Well, I've put in my two cents.  It's your life, and I hope you aren't doing anything you'll regret later.  Good luck, and peace! :hippie:

--------------------

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

#5260436 - 02/03/06 07:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ah isee. Well haha i didnt take it genereal, i thought of the least possible siuations like when maybe someone might survive a gunshot wound. Yeah hit from car: bullet in head Those are pretty much similes in this analogy.

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#5261619 - 02/04/06 03:54 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:

im glad you found a solution  :laugh:

Offlinee3k
Stranger

#5265376 - 02/05/06 06:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i would stick with mj in your case because you are doing relatively well. i thing if you will go crazy then with or without weed. but you should skip real hallucinogens, like lsd or mushrooms.

ad medication: it sucks. until you dont think that aliens control the world or some other bizarre things, there is no use to take them, if you can cope with the voices and get enough sleep.

ad altered perception of hunger: got the same problem + when hungry im a little bit spaced out. when i was on high doses of riperdal, i got really hungry, and to eat was the only way to experience happiness that time.

good luck and dont think about it too much. what should happen, will happen.

OfflineDarkFluFFy
Vapid Soul

Re: Ohhh Shit I am sKiTzO [Re: e3k]
    #5268272 - 02/06/06 12:49 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Man your fine, voices doesnt mean you have a mental illness, schizophrenia doesnt mean you have a "illness". We are all different, schizophrenic or not. You want to know about mental illness , imagin what the war veterans went through, now that is traumatic damage. You are safe in our perfect little world, dont worry...

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Ohhh Shit I am sKiTzO [Re: DarkFluFFy]
    #5280622 - 02/09/06 03:25 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i love you guys.....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom