Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledorkus
don't look back
The Matrix as World Dream
    #5245556 - 01/31/06 06:04 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Gene Poole

Here is another imprecise, metaphor-laden, sure-to-elict some corrective remarks, few paragraphs of my thoughts on THE MATRIX, the movie. This sure is fun!

At the moment that the scary hovering robotic machine grabbed Neo and pulled the plugin/probe from the base of his skull, he was 'officially' disconnected from the _world-dream_. Did you notice that he was terrified of this process... and that as soon as he was disconnected, that he was 'rejected' by the 'dream-machine', and essentially 'flushed down the toilet'?

It is that way, friends. If you dare ('you' in the editorial sense) to disconnect from the world-dream, you too will be worthless to that machine, just so much scrap meat. ('Lower cannot see higher') means that when one is (by dint of effort, intention, or by grace) invisible to the dreamers...
that one has lost dream-world identity... this can kindle a major identity-crisis; one may wish to reentr the Eden of the dreamers. (This is when the huge klaxons begin blaring... and the loudspeakers boom out, "ABORT! ABORT!")

It is at that moment that one can deliberately intiate connection with the 'actual', and thus gain the 'impossible' nondual perspective. How does one connect with the actual? One _is_ the actual; that is how. No world-dream label fits, and the eyes of the dreamers (including the now-decommisioned 'self' of the world-dream) are blind to the presence of This One, the actual.

[Tips from the TimeStoppers Textbook: "The 'nondual perspective' derives from having first one, and then another, point of view. Comparison of these points of view offer what is called 'perspective'."]

Yes... what this means is that when one switches to the 'non-nondual perspective' that one cannot see oneself! In other words, the mirrors of the world-dream will not reflect the 'actual'! (does this explain a lot, or what? Yeah... this is NOT all tidy and neat, it is WILD! It is ALIVE! It is not the fantasy of some anal-retentive precisionist... at all! No, friends, this is a huge, throbbing, LIVING PARADOX! And guess what? "You" just have to LIVE WITH IT! BWHAHAHAH HA!)

Now, just what would Dr Von Helsing, the vampire-hunter of DRACULA, have to say about this "mirror problem"???

Yes... Neo is now 'The One'. Yes, he DOES now wear the 'agent' look; he is now able to move about in the Matrix (world-dream) and is not noticed...
because now, HE KNOWS WHO HE IS.

Neo is now... not 'all powerful' like some god or comic-book character, but instead, a MASTER PREDATOR! And just guess, who/what is his prey... heh heh heh..

--author unknown!

I did not write this. Just want to see some reactions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: The Matrix as World Dream [Re: dorkus]
    #5245570 - 01/31/06 06:21 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I was just thinking about some stuff and "The Matrix" and was about to do a Shroomery search on it. So this fits in nice. Thanks.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
Re: The Matrix as World Dream [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #5245588 - 01/31/06 06:49 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You're welcome.

More stuff here.

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: The Matrix as World Dream [Re: dorkus]
    #5245705 - 01/31/06 07:56 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"No, friends, this is a huge, throbbing, LIVING PARADOX!" :penis:

Oh, paradox. My bad. That "huge, throbbing" context kinda threw me off.

"Lower cannot see higher" rings with a lot of truth to me. We can observe that there exists this universe, and that we're contained within it, but beyond that who can really say? It's easy enough to Occam's Razor it away and say 'nothing', but where's the fun in that? For all we know the entire universe is just a tiny fragment of His Noodliness' meaty balls. (Hey, another penis joke. I'm on a roll tonight!)

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
Re: The Matrix as World Dream [Re: GulGen]
    #5245729 - 01/31/06 08:02 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the feedback. I like your posts.

Now go wash your mouth. :grin:

Edited by dr_mandelbrot (01/31/06 09:21 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom