Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out
    #4238646 - 05/31/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was a very heavy pot smoker when I was in high school. I smoked multiple times a day, seven days a week. This went on for about a year and a half. Well I hadn't smoked any in a few years until a couple weeks ago. I got a pre rolled joint from a friend and smoked the entire thing by myself. I forgot how intense weed could be. The body buzz was so intense I thought I was dying. All I could feel was my heart pounding in my chest. I was worried that I was going to have a heart attack. I think the body high made me believe that my heart was beating twice as fast as it actually was. I thought that I was going to be the first person to ever die from smoking weed. This is really strange to me because I smoked so much weed in the past and never had any ill effects from it. I guess it could be the fact that I remembered how to smoke like a champ but my body didn't have the tolerance that it used to. After the initial paranoia wore off, I was able to go lay in bed and create some subtle visuals. It was very enjoyable after the come up.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4238853 - 05/31/05 02:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i think pot usually makes your heart beat a lot faster if you havent smoked in a while

but if you have a tolerance it doesnt do that

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineHAL
Stranger

Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4241854 - 05/31/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I get the same kind of physical effects from marijuana as well. Bar the belief I'm going to die. I think this is because I usually only smoke once/twice a week and it's generally a romping big j. The visuals rock :thumbsup:

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: HAL]
    #4242220 - 05/31/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

dude the first time I got stoned... (not the first time I smoked.... but the first time it "took me over") the exact same thing happened. I was being "forced" to constantly spin in clockwise circles, and I was convinced each time i went around my heart sped up, and I would do it until it stopped working. I started applying much will power to spin counter-clockwise until I passed out on my friends floor. It took me ten months before I tried smoking pot again. However, I loved it that time. :P

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4242482 - 05/31/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It would be like smoking a whole joint to yourself for your first time smoking weed... maybe should have split a bowl with a friend or something.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: MeThoD]
    #4242697 - 06/01/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I must have a natural resistance to pot... I smoke 2 joints to myself sometimes.... no effect... and this is good pot too. It seems to take a water pipe or bong to get me really stoned

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
bind two hands, stronger

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

#4243277 - 06/01/05 07:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CeeThruMeer said:
I must have a natural resistance to pot... I smoke 2 joints to myself sometimes.... no effect... and this is good pot too. It seems to take a water pipe or bong to get me really stoned

Maybe you don't inhale good enough? Put some air on top of it. Just a suggestion.

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: Tadpole]
    #4244193 - 06/01/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ya some people dont inhale right,once you inhaled you have to hold it in your mouth for a little while and keep sucking in

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: unearth]
    #4244318 - 06/01/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah... I used to smoke all the time back in my days... then I stopped for about a year.  When I started smoking again, the trip was SO much more powerful... on a physical and mental level.  I would go as far to say I don't enjoy getting high anymore unless it's with someone I can REALLY trust, because I get so scared about myself and the thoughts I have.  It's really quite strange.  I barely ever smoke now because of it... :frown: Sucks cuz smoking used to be such a social thing, and now I'm totally away from it in that use.

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

#4245841 - 06/01/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tadpole said:
Quote:

CeeThruMeer said:

Maybe you don't inhale good enough? Put some air on top of it. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the tip... I was shown by a friend how to inhale properly once... and I am pretty sure I do it right, but I will have to try some new ways haha. :thumbup:

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
bind two hands, stronger

OfflineZiff
Stranger
    #4245918 - 06/01/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

god for the old days, join the military and you cant smoke pot anymore :frown:

why, why did i do it?

OfflineInsomniac1
Stranger
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: Ziff]
    #4245974 - 06/01/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Panic attacks... all too common.
I haven't had any since my first time. I started to have one once, but then I made myself forget about it.

If you read forums like these, the chances that you'll freak out about little things like your heart pounding abnormally fast decrease tremendously. THC makes your heart race. If you focus on it, it will also make that feeling seem stronger.
Don't worry about it, just learn to enjoy it and focus on something else. Drink water, go outside, or talk to a friend any way you can.

I find that drawing stuff helps to take tension off my bad thoughts.

Also, if you truely can't help but think you're going to die, be happy! You'll be like a smoking legend.
Can you imagine? "Man, this guy smoked so much he kicked the bucket." "Boy, what a death."

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: Insomniac1]
    #4246507 - 06/02/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It was mostly in my head really.  I freaked out so bad at one point I took my shirt off and held my hand against my chest to try and figure out if my heart was really going that fast.  I think every beat of my heart was sending multiple waves throughout my body, and I perceived each wave as one beat.  It was really crazy.  At the time I thought the joint must have been laced with something but when I relaxed I realized that I was just extremely high.  It was probably the most intense experience I have ever had with weed and I have smoked it probably around 500 times in the past. 

I'd really like to try smoking some again but I am in the process of looking for a new job and so many places drug test these days :thumbdown:

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4247252 - 06/02/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tadpole said:
Quote:

CeeThruMeer said:

Try this. Puff the joint till it feels hot in your mouth / lungs. Take the joint away from your mouth and breath in filling the rest of your lungs. This helps push the smoke down into your lungs and pass it by the things that pull the thc out.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLightItUp
Stranger
Male
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: baraka]
    #5243073 - 01/30/06 05:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This has happened to me one time and it sucked bad.

OfflineBamaBoomer
Stranger
Re: Smoked weed after a few year break and tripped out [Re: LightItUp]
    #5243112 - 01/30/06 05:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Stories like this make me fear quitting puffing!!!!!!!!!!

One of my old friends had to take a court ordered hiatus from herb for several years. He passed the time by collecting as many different strains as he could.

When his time came to smoke again, it sent him into total paranoid-mode, and he cleared out his stash. Hasn't touched it since........

OfflineOpioid
Male

Loc: Canada
    #5243245 - 01/30/06 06:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
It was mostly in my head really. I freaked out so bad at one point I took my shirt off and held my hand against my chest to try and figure out if my heart was really going that fast. I think every beat of my heart was sending multiple waves throughout my body, and I perceived each wave as one beat. It was really crazy.

that happend to me recently even though i still smoke it a lot

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5243738 - 01/30/06 07:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
It was mostly in my head really. I freaked out so bad at one point I took my shirt off and held my hand against my chest to try and figure out if my heart was really going that fast. I think every beat of my heart was sending multiple waves throughout my body, and I perceived each wave as one beat. It was really crazy. At the time I thought the joint must have been laced with something but when I relaxed I realized that I was just extremely high. It was probably the most intense experience I have ever had with weed and I have smoked it probably around 500 times in the past.

man i can relate sometimes i'm like that on DXM, but when I check my pulse and actually try to time it it seems normal as far as I can tell.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds