Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
MY Grand Opening! (EDIT: New Pics)
    #5243108 - 01/30/06 05:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Ok so Hippie had hers... I shall have mine!

So its my closet in a closet set up. This way everything is hidden as soon as I shut my closet, for any unexpected visitors and so forth.

On the top shelf, above the martha there is a TiT incubator, off the ground away from contams and in the most stable heat environment of the closet. Also, I have an Ultrasonic humidifier.

This is the model I am using. It was VERY easy to modify, I just sillicone sealed a pvc elbow piece into the vent and ran a hose into my tubing set up. It is super quiet and there is a control for how much mist you want to go through. I have it all the way down on mist, and also put polyfill in the outlets of my pvc tubes to slow the flow of fog which allows me to leave it on longer and not getting super high rh.... it's still too high. its at about 90% rh right now.. but i want to figure out a way so i can continue running it for better FAE but have control of how high the rh is, without switching to cool mist, any suggestions??

Ok so inside I used 1 1/2" pvc to construct tubing inside the martha.

I wanted a way for it to come down from the top because thats where my coolmist was going to have to go, i think this way works really well, allows for very easy flow and does not allow an excess of water to drain into the martha which is nice. there are caps on the bottom and every week or whatever i can just drain all the excess water build up into a cup.

inside i'm using two 3' wire shelves hung by chain. the chain is ziptied to the martha supports and i used S hooks to connect the shelves to the chain. it is very stable and i have no troubles with swaying. i also hooked up some blue light ropes on the inside for stealth lighting at night time if i dont want to use the flouro light standing up next to the left of the martha.

i got the taylor 1458 (i think?) model hygrometer inside, i'm gonna get two more remotes, one for each shelf and one for inside my cake chamber. so i can sit in bed and push a few buttons and check on my babies... :smile:

on the bottom of the martha is my cake chamber with my first little tester cake in. its a brf/verm 1/2 pint cake that for some reason colonized 100%.. but only like 75% up the jar... i opened up the jar and the top just like fell right off, so it was too dry.. or maybe it was just dry verm to begin with.. i ordered the jars off the internet, so i dunno.. it could have been a huge layer of dry verm to protect them while shipping?? i dont know.. anyways, the cake was just birthed yesterday so i will keep an eye on it just to see how its goin, or if its a cake death trap..

at first, the hydroton wasn't giving enough RH because of the big container and no cakes, so i threw a big ass bowl of perlite into it, and that gave me an instant boost of perlite.. its messy shit though and spilled into my hydroton... grrr

On bottom I have my heat pad control. I have a heating pad on the outside right of the martha, in between the martha and the wall. Next to it is another thermometer which is reading the temperature of my cake chamber.

Edited by c_glidden (02/11/06 04:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: c_glidden]
    #5243119 - 01/30/06 05:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hah.. awesome shit man. But see if you can take a better picture that shows the entire thing.

--------------------

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5243128 - 01/30/06 05:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah.. I'm using my phone.. not the best camera, I gotta get my girls digital camera... i will try right now.. hold on

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5243183 - 01/30/06 05:51 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This is kinda blurry, not much better.. but I'll get my girlfriends camera tomorrow, details dont really matter yet.. not until im showing pins and the such.. :smile: i cant wait to start fruiting..

im waiting for a replacement jiggler on my dang pc! grr

i have everything i need, except my working pc

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5243210 - 01/30/06 05:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hah, that does look pretty good. It's cool as hell man, it just straight up looks good. The white racks with the blue light accents, lol. Let's hope it works as good as it looks. Cool shit though dude.

--------------------

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5243227 - 01/30/06 06:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks!! My thoughts exactly.. I'm still kinda new to this hobby, but with this set up, I'm not going anywhere haha.. I still have a lot to learn but I've done my homework so I hope everything works. Right now I got two pints of LC that i knocked up.. (no signs of growth yet after 3 days.. not good?) and im going to be using rye grain/wbs to spawn to poo and use a 60/40 coir casing. i have everything i need to start... EXCEPT MY JIGGLER!!!!!

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5243259 - 01/30/06 06:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No growth after 3 days is fine, if you see nothing after like a week or two, then I'd start to worry.

Few bits of advice. Work with a peat based casing layer, rather than coir. According to RR and agar, coir is very nutrient rich and will make casings more prone to overlay. Agar said he uses 45% peat, 45% verm, 10% coir, and RR added that he adds calcium carbonate that is 5% of the amount of peat, and gypsum that is 5% of the total volume.

Also, since you're looking to get serious, build a GB if you haven't yet. If you really wanna go hardcore, you could build a flowhood.

And what the hell is a jiggler?

--------------------

OfflineMycophreek423
Late For TheFuture!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Tenth Kingdom
    #5243272 - 01/30/06 06:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

looks good bro. i see your from WA ,are you near The emerald city ?

--------------------
I Thought You Where There , But you Where not. It Mushed Have Been Somthing I Ate.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5243274 - 01/30/06 06:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

a pressure regulator cap.. it's a safety piece for pressure cookers.

i was reading about overlay with coir just today actually. maybe ill do the 45/45/10 because i already have the coir and there is no sense in letting the extra nutes go to waste. i also have crushed oyster shels for calcium carb, however i dont have any gypsum.. thats optional right? keeps grains from sticking in the jars thats all i know it does.. what else is it for?

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5243315 - 01/30/06 06:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

funny shit... my jiggler just came from the ups guy... haha! perfect timing.. let the pressure cooking begin!! :smile: mwhahaa

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5243504 - 01/30/06 06:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

With the light set up it looks like your mushies are going clubbing :wink:

Naw....cool set up it's nice to see peoples set up

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineAnarchysAvatar
Evil-MindedBreakdown
Male

#5243552 - 01/30/06 07:05 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, sweet martha chamber! I'm planning on building one myself in a few weeks (awaiting tax return to fund project) and you've given me some good ideas.

--------------------
"Every Revolutionary Was Once Considered An Enemy"

Anarchy's Avatar - Out

Edited by AnarchysAvatar (01/30/06 07:06 PM)

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
    #5243554 - 01/30/06 07:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

c_glidden said:
i was reading about overlay with coir just today actually. maybe ill do the 45/45/10 because i already have the coir and there is no sense in letting the extra nutes go to waste.

You can use your coir to mix with your poo to increase the volume - or you can spawn to straight coir if you want, and it will grow - they might lack a little potency. You can hydrate your Coir with an organinc based fertiliser like this one -

or you can mix in Worm castings to add more nutrients - and up the potency of your fruits.

Quote:

c_glidden said:
i also have crushed oyster shels for calcium carb, however i dont have any gypsum.. thats optional right? keeps grains from sticking in the jars thats all i know it does.. what else is it for?

Gypsum encourages flocculation - which is the technical term for the point where the mycelial strands 'join' together (flocculate). It isnt necessary and you can use a tbsp or two of vegetable oil mixed in with your poo instead.

Great job!

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: _OttO_]
    #5243564 - 01/30/06 07:08 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Nice tips _OttO_.  :thumbup:

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5243717 - 01/30/06 07:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Mycophreek.. yeah im near seattle.. about 30 minutes south

and otto, thanks bro.. i might take the advice on mixing poo with the coir so i can spread my poo out into more casings.. what do you suggest is a good ratio from poo to coir? i got pre-pasturized poo from tenn stud.

oh and i just started soaking 4 pint jars of rye and im doing two pint verm/brf pints in the pressure cooker just to get the hang of things.

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5243741 - 01/30/06 07:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You could mix the poo/coir 50/50 if you wanted. No worries.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5243753 - 01/30/06 07:45 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

so would i have to re-pasturize the poo? cause i dont want to do that, which is the reason i already bought it pre-pasturized... or could i just throw the coir in the microwave for a few minutes before i add it?

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5244028 - 01/30/06 08:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

do you think this humidifier/coolmist is suffiecient for FAE or is it just enough for humidity.. im tryin to make it so i can leave it on 24/7.. but there is still quite a bit of mist coming through the outlets even when they are filled with polyfill.. should i be worried about more fae

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5244239 - 01/30/06 09:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You could throw the coir in the microwave yeah - that should be OK - not the best idea.

You might want to put a little computer fan for FAE on a timer - Id be worried about your Coolmist burning out if you stuff the outlet pipes with poyfill, but I dont have a lot of experience with these things so wait for someone else to answer.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5244315 - 01/30/06 09:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

well whats the best thing to do with the coir..

oh and i think i might go for that computer fan idea.. it will give me something else to tinker with.. ill probably put them in the left side of the martha on one side of each shelf. that sounds like a good idea and it gives me somethin to wire up

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5244401 - 01/30/06 10:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

An easy pasturisation method from FooMan - you could use this on your coir, otherwise Im sure it would be fine sterilised in the microwave - as you are mixing it in with a pasturised substrate, so you will still have the benefits of the microbial activity....

OfflineHengman
Small timeGrower
 User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #5244489 - 01/30/06 10:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

cool setup dude... i really like the blue rope lights, thats awesome! you are well on your way towards success with that much fruiting space and LCs.

as for your FAE, i dunno how the cool mist thing works so i cant help you there...making the last sentance pointless.

go with the computer fan idea

--------------------

The beautiful Cambodian Psilocybin Cubensis.

Feel the colors. See the sound.

My Personal Setup

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: Hengman]
    #5244663 - 01/30/06 10:59 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

so with my humidifier running the last two hours, the rh has been staying around 91%.. i was laying here watching tv and i kept hearing this drip sound. i got up to check finally and realized a problem. i have the pvc coming to the top, it runs into an elbow piece, which runs horizontally to the back of the martha..

so all the excess water is sitting in this elbow piece and its starting to seep through the cracks of the elbow piece. so, tomorrow i have to switch out the elbow piece for a Tee and add a few more inches of pvc, then a cap so the water drains down and i can simply remove the cap to drain the water every once and a while. i was surprised how much water there was for just a couple hours.

also, i have been looking at outlet timers or whatever they are called.. i want one that i can program.. anyone have some suggestions? i need one for the humidifier and one for the fan im gonna have there.. so im gonna need two, or one that you can program multiple appliances to.

Edited by c_glidden (01/30/06 11:00 PM)

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5244787 - 01/30/06 11:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Lowes has extremely cheap and simple timer things, like 4 bucks or something like that. They can be set to turn stuff on twice daily.

--------------------

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5244857 - 01/30/06 11:52 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i need something that i can program more advanced than that. i need my humidifier like 10 minutes every 2 hours and i want the fan on more like 1 min every 30 minutes

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
    #5244921 - 01/31/06 12:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

nice man, get some better pics.

good luck and keep us up to date.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5244981 - 01/31/06 12:26 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah im gonna get my girlfriends digital camera, i will start an actual log when i have something interesting... speaking of that.

anyone want to INVEST spore prints?
send me one today, and ill send you TWO in a month! (or whenever they end up fruiting) haha.. im trying to get a different strain and money is starting to get tight when it comes to the mycology budget. put too much money into this stuff already and its time for some more creative financing. :smile:

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5245537 - 01/31/06 05:53 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RemainRandom50 said:
man, get some better pics.

A bit harsh dont you think?

I thought your pics were just fine mate. Loving every second of it... keep em coming!

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5245546 - 01/31/06 05:59 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

c_glidden said:

anyone want to INVEST spore prints? send me one today, and ill send you TWO in a month! (or whenever they end up fruiting) haha.. im trying to get a different strain and money is starting to get tight when it comes to the mycology budget. put too much money into this stuff already and its time for some more creative financing. :smile:

Ill send you one if you PROMISE to send 5 to the Free Spore Ring Canada when your done... :thumbup:

Edited by _OttO_ (01/31/06 08:10 AM)

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5245702 - 01/31/06 07:54 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i turned my humidifier off lsat night at like 10.. i wake up this morning at 6:30 and my martha is still at 92% rh

thats nuts, didn't think it would maintain so well

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
    #5247048 - 01/31/06 02:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you might experience alot of driping with the hose comming into your chamber like that... especially with a ultrasonic.

here's how mine looks, i use a vicks impeller type cool mist as source of FAE and humidity.

the way the hose comes up, keeps the water from driping into my chamber and drips back in the humidifier. maintains constant humidity at 90-95% rh at all tiers.

cool mist is something to look into, $29 new at walgreens.

$5 at second hand stores

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: Oatman2000]
    #5247470 - 01/31/06 04:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

actually, because of how i have my pvc set up, there is no dripping at all.. barely even any condensation in there... but when i stick my hand in there its like i warp to summer weather in maine.. thick and humid..

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5248074 - 01/31/06 06:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok so... i just finished loading up my first rye jars and stuck them into the pc... and realized my first mistake..

i didnt put any verm in. all i put in there was strained rye that had been soaked for 24 hours, and a tiny bit of veggie oil..

what is this gonna do? should i scrap the jars and start over or just knock them up anyways

i got a picture, but you cant really tell anything from the pictures

will they colonize fine?

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5248263 - 01/31/06 07:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Looks a tad dry but you should be fine, and the veggie oil is supposed to go in your poo when you spawn, not yoru jars. If you want to boost yoru jars a little, when you do the soak do it in a weak solution of coffee.... prob about 30% of the regular strangth of a cup.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5248287 - 01/31/06 07:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

wont the veggie oil help from the grains clumping and sticking together so i can shake..... i barely put any in..

but what do you think i should do? will they still colonize/

OfflineHIghInOhio
stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Loc: ohio
    #5248328 - 01/31/06 07:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'd let 'em go and find out, but there is a chance they won't get the moisture they need. If you really want to save your spores, start over but if I was in your position, I think I'd inoculate them.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: HIghInOhio]
    #5248349 - 01/31/06 07:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well the picture doesnt do 'em justice.. they had more moisture than appeared... plus they will get more moisture in the cooker so hopefully it will turn out ok and yeah im kinda trying to save my spores so i dont know.. maybe i should let them cool, simmer/strain and mix with some verm...?

i dont know, i will see the moisture level afterwards and if i still have any doubts ill take a pic and show it

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5248357 - 01/31/06 07:39 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I was also going from this statement in one of scat's threads about rye prep.

"Spawning works better when the grains are a bit drier though so a soak is enough"

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5248391 - 01/31/06 07:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Id make a Liquid Culture before you do anything else - so you dont have to worry about not having enough spores.

Click the link in my sig.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5248454 - 01/31/06 08:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i have two LC's going in the incubator right now.. one has been going for like 3-4 days.. no signs of growth.. the other one has been going for like 2 days and i havent checked it.. i dont know if it will work or not though.. i have doubts. i used the mircowave

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5248543 - 01/31/06 08:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Give them a swirl everyday - to encourage growth. But - I dont like the microwave as it makes getting the ratios a little harder due to evaporation/boiling over etc.

Offlineblueferret
some guy

Loc: cow town
    #5248801 - 01/31/06 09:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you havent PCed them yet why not just mix in some wet verm and then pc?

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: blueferret]
    #5248863 - 01/31/06 09:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

soak in hot water....

this will plump up the grains.

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5248876 - 01/31/06 09:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

c_glidden said:
ok so... i just finished loading up my first rye jars and stuck them into the pc... and realized my first mistake..

the jars were already PC'in...

and the grains were soaked for 24 hours previous to pressure cooking, then strained under hot water for like 3 minutes per jar

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5248913 - 01/31/06 09:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok so right now i have one LC incubating, done with the microwave.. and i have one that was steam sterilized. they are wrapped in foil, in pint jars. they were incubated with 1.5cc spore solution. both are showing no growth and are 3-4 days. i dont have much hope for these... i need to do a real pressure cooker method now that i have my pressure cooker working.

also i got 5 1/2 jars with brf/verm colonizing that are like 80%.. they have been in there for over 3 weeks.. i have 2 one pint brf/verm jars that i just knocked up yesterday.. and i have 4 rye jars cooling in the pc right now waiting to be knocked up..

today i looked at some of the first jars i did and noticed invitro pinning.. about 5 little pins inside the jar so i scraped off the verm, ran it under cool water, rolled it in verm and threw it in the fc.. not bothering with dunking this one. i birthed another cake a few days ago before invitro.. so now i have 2 cakes in my terrainium

also... i crumbled another jar that had some invitro.. i made sure to get rid of all the pins, and i put it in an old margarine bin thing, put a light layer of verm over the top, misted it.. covered it with foil and put it in the incubator.

ive been kinda busy the last week.. i hope everything works out

Edited by c_glidden (01/31/06 09:42 PM)

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5251076 - 02/01/06 01:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i just knocked up 2 out of the 4 jars of rye that i PC'd last night... i didnt want to spread out my spore solution too thin, just to help make sure they colonize.

is the white goopy stuff bad? im thinking its from exploded kernels from pc'ing.. there isn't a lot.. but im new to rye and didnt know what to expect. there was this thick white goopy shit that clumped all the grains together

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5251163 - 02/01/06 01:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

>>>>is the white goopy stuff bad?

That's starch. The only time I've gotten a lot of starch was when I left the jars in the PC to cool. People have different ways, but now I remove the jars from the PC after pressure comes down, dump the water, put them back in and secure the lid for the cooldown (might have been hippychick that recommended that one). They've also done fine when I took the jars out and left them out to cool. I'll do this if I'm trying to do multiple batches in a day. It really depends on your hydration level. If they're on the dry side, it won't matter as much. If you soak and then simmer to the point you have a few burst seeds, be careful how you let them cool.

Also, if you have noticable starch on the bottom, shake it up as soon as you remove the jars from the PC. Just a little won't hurt anything... but I'm speaking from WBS experience, I don't know how/if rye differs.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: Rahz]
    #5251176 - 02/01/06 01:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok so its startch then.. and yes i left them in the pc to cool over night like the tek said.. i guess next time when they are cool i will remove them from the pc...

there wasnt a lot of it, the jars were pretty moist though and they didnt smell the best.. i cant really explain the smell... should i just pitch them? could the smell be an early sign of contam?

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5251264 - 02/01/06 02:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Probably not a contam this early. If you haven't inoculated yet (sorry, haven't read throught the post) you can try shaking them (that's assuming the starch is mostly near the bottom). I've read some people shake them after innoculating, but I prefer to wait for 20% before shaking again.

Either way, you'll probably be fine. If the bottoms are starched up and you don't shake at all, the mycelium could stall near the bottom.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: Rahz]
    #5251468 - 02/01/06 03:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yeah right when i pulled them out of the PC i shook them up to loosin the grain and aerate the rye... i also shook quite hard after inoculation

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5251860 - 02/01/06 04:40 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i just checked on the rye jars.. the grains seem dry there is no excess moisture in the jar or in between the grains.. hmmmm is there anything i can do to hydrate the jars? or should i just let them be and let the shroom gods work

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5252306 - 02/01/06 06:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

c_glidden said:
ok so right now i have one LC incubating, done with the microwave.. and i have one that was steam sterilized. they are wrapped in foil, in pint jars. they were incubated with 1.5cc spore solution. both are showing no growth and are 3-4 days. i dont have much hope for these...

Man what did you use to make your LC? Its easy to get contam failures with LC if your not sterile, but its hard to get NO growth at all. Give it a solid week and a half and swirl everyday, if there is no growth after this time it didnt work for some reason.

Quote:

c_glidden said:
today i looked at some of the first jars i did and noticed invitro pinning.. about 5 little pins inside the jar so i scraped off the verm, ran it under cool water, rolled it in verm and threw it in the fc.. not bothering with dunking this one. i birthed another cake a few days ago before invitro.. so now i have 2 cakes in my terrainium

also... i crumbled another jar that had some invitro.. i made sure to get rid of all the pins, and i put it in an old margarine bin thing, put a light layer of verm over the top, misted it.. covered it with foil and put it in the incubator.

You just pulled off the first flush man! Never remove the baby pins, just plop em out of the jar - dunk briefly and roll gently so you dont knock them off - and chuck em in your FC to mature.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5252409 - 02/01/06 07:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ahh! i thought u were supposed to take them off cause they will contam or somethin.. they fell right off anyways... oh well

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#5252427 - 02/01/06 07:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think that's a big deal really. Those pins wouldn't have used up much nutrients. I'd say your better off without them then risking the contams.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5252432 - 02/01/06 07:17 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

oh and.. with my LC i did two different things.
the first one i boiled water, put let it cool down a bit, put it in a jar, put a 4% solution with karo, put the lid on with a hole poked through with tape over, shook it up a lot stuck it into the microwave for 3 minutes.. took it out, shook it up again.. let cool, then knocked it up, put a bandaid over it and stuck it in my incubator

for the second one i did the same thing except with the lid i put a second hole with polyfil stuffed in, and instead of using the microwave, i steam sterilized it like you would a brf/verm jar in pf tek

i think it was like 4-5 days ago? cant remember.. i smoke too much

but both are crystal clear

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
    #5252495 - 02/01/06 07:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

that IS a sik set-up. i like the blue lights. update us when you get some results!!!

(god i wish i had a digital camera)

--------------------

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: shroomsynergy]
    #5254512 - 02/02/06 09:48 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

no signs of any new growth.. lc's still clear

no myc in new jars

no pins on cakes

co colonization in mini casing

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5289393 - 02/11/06 04:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

pinset

harvest

harvest time on one of my cakes.. the other one has another day left.. maybe two..

came out to about 50 grams wet.. its in the nesco as we speak

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5289558 - 02/11/06 05:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You could've waited another day on that one and let the mushies get a little more mature and a little bigger.  Only one had even opened up and broke its veil.  Still a pretty good harvest from a cake though.  Good job :thumbup:.  Makes ya proud, doesn't it?

--------------------

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5289563 - 02/11/06 05:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Dont you want to pull them just before the veil breaks?

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5289584 - 02/11/06 06:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well it's all really a matter of opinion. Some people like to pull them right before the veil breaks, as there's less of a chance for spores dropping and making a mess. Also some people believe that it is at that point that they stop producing psilocin and psilocybin. But there are just as many people, if not more, who like to let them break the veil and start to open up, but still get them before spores drop. And then others who like to let them open all the way up to full maturation, so as to get the most weight out of them. I, personally, pick a few hours after the veil breaks, because at that point, they're pretty much not going to grow anymore and they haven't yet laid a mess of spores.

--------------------

InvisibleliloldmeFacebook
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8
Trusted Cultivator
    #5332719 - 02/23/06 07:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Looks good, does the top shelf get really soggy??n Did you divert the flow so its not right onto the cakes?

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: liloldme]
    #5350978 - 02/28/06 08:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm having the same issue. My setup is a little different but close enough. I'm going to try to solve the problem with timing. My setup allows me to suck in semi filtered fresh air and eject the warm humid air inside. So I'm going to lowes or HD in a minute and buying 2 digital light timers. 14 events/day, 1 min. resolution. The humidifier will be bursted on for 5 minutes at a time, devided evenly over 14 times a day as a starting point. The FAE unit(currently using a CPAP machine) will have timing that overlaps the humidifiers bursts slightly. Then I will tune it from there.

To answer your question about timers:
You want DIGITAL light timers with at least 14 events per day. Roughly 20 bux at Home Depot. Either that or buy the uber fancy ones from hydroponic gardening stores for 3 times as much but more events per day.

I'll let you know how mine goes,
~Cappa.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: cappa]
    #5351003 - 02/28/06 08:39 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

this thread is pretty old.. gone through plenty of changes =]

everything is set up and running fine

InvisibleS33D
this side up
 User Gallery
Loc: skylabONE
    #5351955 - 03/01/06 01:02 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

what brand of racks are those? whered you buy them?

--------------------
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
~Dr. Emmett Brown

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: S33D]
    #5351963 - 03/01/06 01:13 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

home depot.. i dont know the brand

they were just 3 ft wire shelves

they were like 10 bucks or somethin

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
    #5358562 - 03/02/06 06:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Nice setup man! Martha's are the shit. Check out my double-martha system. Two 36 inch marthas with one coolmist and one ultrasonic for each martha. I only have one setup and running at the moment as you can see. Waiting for my Hpoo to spawn my 36 quart jars.... 36 quart jars, 30 lb of hpoo, this shit is gonna kick off.

Anyways, you should post some picks once your martha is full of fruiting casings...

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Edited by GodsEntelechy (03/02/06 06:03 PM)

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MY Grand Opening! *DELETED* [Re: Akira]
    #5358610 - 03/02/06 06:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by HippieChick

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: MY Grand Opening! [Re: HippieChick]
    #5358688 - 03/02/06 06:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah they are stainless steel. For a second after I bought them someone mentioned that and I thought I fucked up untill I looked for the box it came in and read "Stainless Steel." They were only 12 bucks each.. :wink:

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Offlinemycodetour
Mycologist inTraining

Loc: WA
    #5358778 - 03/02/06 06:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This log will be continued at mycodetour's closet set up.

Thanks
md :crazy2:

--------------------
my set up / log

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate