Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineeNmity
Americas MostBlunted

Not feeling good. about my progress
    #5238336 - 01/29/06 12:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i am really worried that my grow has failed . i dont have much confidence  :frown: in it . its been about 6 days and i dont see any myc growth . whatsoever . the incubator has 10 jars of PF 1/2 pint  kept around 76-83  and i have 2 other jars that i wanted to experiment with and i put them behind my tv which stays around a constant 80 . neither one has growth . some jars have some small condensation on the inside some dont. ive narrowed it down to the BRF that i used . i grounded up my own and i think it might be to large of chunks it was the best my  coffee grinder could do . but it was ground to a flowery state no doubt . so . im not shure what to do .i know it could take up to 17 to 20 days before any signs but  times goin by and im thinking about getting some real BRF this time and to do it again . i dont feel very confident at this point . what should i do ?  :confused:

--------------------
" we pushin heavyweight still weighin a buk-n-change "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePyroCin
Stranger

Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: eNmity]
    #5238341 - 01/29/06 12:12 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

how long did you let the jars cool for before incoulating ? where did you get the spores?

--------------------

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: PyroCin]
    #5238367 - 01/29/06 12:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Fresh ground BRF is better than anything other kind of BRF you could use.

Patience man, Patience

Give it another week before you scrap your whole project!

I grind my own BRF when I use it, and it maintains a chunky consistency no matter how much I grind it. It always works great for me! Don't worry, I'll bet you you see signs in a couple more days.

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Igloo's and polar bears
Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: diablovt1125]
    #5238483 - 01/29/06 12:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

^^^ Exactly what he said, grinding up your on BRF is recommended over any that you buy in a store, I did my own BRF and it worked fine. Relax it takes time.

--------------------
It's okay to hurt my feelings
cause you know, they're so numb anyway.
but I guess it's what I get
for being to fuckin stupid to stay away - Jake

- Support the FSR at www.fsrcanada.com and www.fsre.nl

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

#5238615 - 01/29/06 01:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I was having a hard time grinding up my brown rice so I put it in a bag and just lightly hit it about 10 times with a sludge hammer and it was broken up prety nicely

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5238654 - 01/29/06 01:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Doesn't matter how you ground it up, so long as you sterilized it properly. Personally, I believe that if this PF grow doesn't work out completely for you, just learn to do the Foolproof birdseed method. It's way easier than any other tek. Casing is easy as hell too, you can even microwave casing mix to sterilize. It's the way to go man.

But anyways, be patient on this grow. Not seeing growth 10 days after spore solution inoculation on BRF cakes isn't all that unusual. Be patient. Read up on other teks in the meantime. Good luck w/ your grows bro.

--------------------

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5238702 - 01/29/06 01:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

well if the substrate was made correctly.
Assumining you were using the BRF/VERM method (2/3 cup of brf, 1/4cup of verm, 1/4 cup of h2o per 1 cake).  Then thats ok, even though it shouldnt really be chunky as you say.

If the time was correct for after the PC Process, assuming you let the substrate cool down to the point where it wouldnt have hurt the myc.

And your syringes were good, and the whole inoculation process was as sterile as can be!

Then simply.....wait.
patience is a key in this hobby, afoaf never sees signs until a good week to 1.5 weeks. 

Try not to look so much :wink:
good luck!

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflineDICK
Stranger
Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5238727 - 01/29/06 01:49 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

dont worry man, im a first time grower too and the first few days i was about checking them every hour i had to see progress. haha i know, its been about a week and so now but theyre colonizing plus i dont have such a great setup either... i have 2 jars (both just to experiment with) in the bathroom inside a dark bag where hot showers and the such insure high temperature and humidity. dont worry youll see growth sooner or later... what you cn do is examine the jars really REALLY closely and try to locate a bit of mycellium, even if just a pinch and then circle it with a highlighter or something so each few days you can see there IS progress after all.

good luck!

OfflineeNmity
Americas MostBlunted

Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: DICK]
    #5238878 - 01/29/06 02:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

thanks guys . yea im studying up the birdseed teks now .

i let the jars cool overnight after i pc'd them . and i inoculated quick i wiped down the tops of each jar with alcohol cleaned the needle then shot it through the tape . then re taped it . then re cleaned the needle for the next jar . standard procedure. yea ive been checkin them like crazy im just gonna let them sit for awhile now and check in a few days . im gonna try to get some pics of the jars so u guys can see what my substrate mixture looks like

thnx  :laugh:

enmity :bongload:

--------------------

OfflineeNmity
Americas MostBlunted

#5238884 - 01/29/06 02:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

oh and i got the spores through a freind for free!!! 3 syrg. !!! :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineeNmity
Americas MostBlunted

#5255429 - 02/02/06 01:49 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

UPDATE .
:mad:
Still no growth whatsoever in any jars . i brought a freind over ( who kinda knows his shit )  to check out one of the syringes and he said they look like they went bad or they arent good . so after this weekend im scraping the project and starting over . thnx for the help

ill upadate next time with colonized jars  :bongload:

--------------------

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#5255489 - 02/02/06 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Don't throw those jars out. Or at least not all of them. Just put a few of them in a dark space and let them sit there for a while. Forget about them if you can. Then, maybe if you find them a month from now, you'll get a nice surprise. You never know.

--------------------

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
    #5255492 - 02/02/06 02:05 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Did you leave the tape over the inoculation holes? If so, remove the tape and fill the holes with polyfil. This allows for air exchange, where the tape would not.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: Blek]
    #5255510 - 02/02/06 02:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I totally disagree picking4peace. For one, he's just doing regular PF cakes, so I'm assuming he's got the layer of pure vermiculite, which acts as a filter. With that layer of vermiculite, there's no need for tape over the holes, or polyfill. Especially not at this point. Using polyfill for PF jars is silly, but if one was to do it, you'd have to do it prior to sterilization, so the polyfill would be sterlized with the jars. Putting polyfill in the holes now is just begging for contams. Especially since the mycelium doesn't seem to have developed a strong foothold and won't be able to successfully battle the contams for colonization of the substrate.

--------------------

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: Not feeling good. about my progress [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5256155 - 02/02/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

True, good point. The verm layer does provide a filter. Make sure to take the tape off.

How many and how big are your air holes on your jars? I made the mistake of not allowing enough air exchange with my PF jars and they took 2 months to colonize. Also, how much spore solution did you inoculate into each jar? Usually with lower amounts, it takes longer to see growth.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom