Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
3rd time not a charm.
    #523447 - 01/17/02 11:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Well this is flush 3 (if you could realy call them flushs) and it looks like another bunch of aborts. Yeah, I know you can eat em and all that but last time all I got was 1 fucking gram. I have a uncontaminated rye cake sitting on a lid in a aquarium with perlite. Humidity: high 90's, Temperature: steady 75f, plenty of air flow ( from high power aquarium pump and 2 bottom vent holes), plenty of light. What the hell else is there? Are there some cakes that are just permanently fucked up? All I have gotten is aborts. 1 normall mushroom grew out of my perlite (about the size of a matchstick). Shit I got shrooms coming out of perlite and I cant get one normal one out of this damn cake. Well if you have any more of a clue than I do as to what could be wrong let me know. If not well I guess this is just venting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: 3rd time not a charm. [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #523475 - 01/17/02 11:53 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

what strain?

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: 3rd time not a charm. [Re: XAZIA]
    #523496 - 01/17/02 12:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

P.C. Equadore

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
    #523501 - 01/17/02 12:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

sorry no experience with those, but i seem to be having some similiar probs with b+

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #523523 - 01/17/02 01:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ummmmm... i've never worked with ecuadores before but... what if you take some mycelium from which grew the regular shrooms (in perlite, right?), make some nice dense syringes and innoculate more substrate? you got nothing to lose. it worked for my wookie friend once but he's case was worst - the cakes wouldnt even fruit. except for a little rhizomorphic growth on the wet papertowel under it... another thing you should have in mind is that cakes just are not the biggest yielding... maybe you'll wanna consider casing your mycelium...

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
    #523802 - 01/17/02 07:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Dunk the cake and then set it on the perlite.....

Cross your fingers.

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

Edited by Necron99 (01/17/02 07:42 PM)

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Re: 3rd time not a charm. [Re: Necron99]
    #523934 - 01/17/02 10:10 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I might as well dunk em It couldnt hurt. I already did once but I had to put em in cold storage shortly after as nots were forming. I had already lost 2 casings to contams and I didnt want to risk this one. Ive been doing a lot of grain to grain transfers so I will have plenty of colonized jars in a while. Ive been doing this since september I think, so I dont want to wait even longer for these jars to take. As for that one little shroom when I picked it I couldnt even find the peice of grain it grew from it must have been just a tiny little peice that fell under the perlite. It was so small I think Im better off with the grain to grain. Ive got a nice pressure cooker and a glovebox so I think most of them will avoid contams. I got enough aborts to trip off of tomorrow so I shouldnt complain, Im better off that some people.

InvisibleMushroom69
Stranger
    #524628 - 01/18/02 02:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You could try cold shocking,(A little late i know) but other than that you could always dunk. Equadors should'nt require either methods though its "supposed" to be a easy fruting strain. you can also crush a calcium pill and mix it with the casing this alows bigger fuller mushy growth.

--------------------
"THE FOOT KNOMES ARE EVERYWHERE!"
BY mE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures