Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: Anno]
    #523084 - 01/17/02 12:56 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yo the man Anno!!

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (01/17/02 12:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: Thor]
    #523181 - 01/17/02 04:27 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I definetely like the idea of a sticky FAQ...that would solve a lot of problems with people getting frustrated at the newbies for asking the same question that has been answered 9,000 times.... although I believe if there was an intermediate forum then cross posting would raise a great deal.
Seperate forums for the aspects of cakes, casings, humidification, etc.. is a good idea...bascially I think we should split the basic cultivation into a couple categories and leave advanced how it is.
Perhaps we could have a seperate FAQ for each basic cultivation category.. i.e - Cakes FAQ, Casings FAQ..
Just some thoughts

Dioze...lay off Thor... He's doing his best to make this a better community and frankly he's doing a damn good job. The whole reason he even posted this thread is for feedback...and that is what happened.

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
    #523182 - 01/17/02 04:27 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thor,
I feel I OWE you an apology. I Apologise for flipping out. You know I never do that. I have/do defend you and your efforts on a regular bases. Again, my apologies. I took it wrong, I suppose.
Dioze1
In reply to:

Dioze...lay off Thor... He's doing his best to make this a better community and frankly he's doing a damn good job. The whole reason he even posted this thread is for feedback...and that is what happened.

Yes, I know why he posted it here. It is the same reason ot was posted in the Mod forum. It is just that NO ONE there has heard back from him there(when the original post by me was made) and it seemed that our ideas were not being given any thought.

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

Edited by dioze1 (01/17/02 04:32 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #523435 - 01/17/02 11:09 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

A temporary list.
Please post more questions you think would be suitable.

Basics:
I?m completely new to this, where do I start?
How can I grow lots of shrooms, fast?
Which tek is the best for the beginner?
Which is better - cakes or casings?
Where can I order spores?
What is the difference between a spore print and a spore syringe?
Which spore strain should I order?
Where can I order supplies?
Do I need a pressure cooker?
Can I sterilize in my microwave?
Can I sterilize in the oven?
Do mushrooms need light to grow?
What is the best temperature for growth?
What is the best humidity for growth?
How do I make a sporeprint?
How do I make a spore syringe?
Which is better - fresh or dry mushrooms?
How much weight do the mushrooms loose when drying?
How do I dry mushrooms?
Can I freeze fresh mushroms?
How do I store mushrooms?

Contamination:
How do I tell contamination from mycelium?

Casing:
Why do I want a casing?
What is the best casing?
How do I initiate pinning?
What is the best temperature for my casing?
What is the best humidity for my casing?
Will misting cause pins to abort?

Grain:
Why should I use whole grain?
Does grain have to be pressurecooked?
What is the best grain method?

Agar:
Why do I want to use agar?
Where can I order agar?
How do I prepare agar?
For how long can I store agar plates?

The rest:
How many shrooms will I need to (trip, level 5, etc.)?

Anonymous

#523450 - 01/17/02 11:24 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome Anno..

Maybe in the FAQ you could include links to the MMGG and rye teks and such

Edited by Shroomism (01/17/02 11:26 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: ]
    #523543 - 01/17/02 01:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Some more:
How do I provide humidity to the mushrooms?
What is the most suitable fruiting container?
When do I harvest mushrooms?
How do I harvest mushrooms?

Invisiblezilch
enthusiast
    #523562 - 01/17/02 02:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You could have one FAQ for every forum, e.g. Drying/Storing shrooms FAQ, Agar FAQ, casing FAQ and so forth. Probably makes it easier maintaining them.

Maintaining is important here. It should be easy to update so we see rapid changes if changes is needed. Perhaps a file dynamically parsed into HTML from another language (e.g. made-up+php, xml+xslt or the like). Easier to update XML than HTML in my opinion.

I'm really eager to see changes here :-)) *happy*

zilch

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. *DELETED* [Re: zilch]
    #523681 - 01/17/02 05:02 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Edited by phrozendata (01/17/02 05:10 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: phrozendata]
    #523693 - 01/17/02 05:16 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>I think you must have noticed the FAQ I started to work on and posted in the suggestions fourm

Off course I read it, that?s why I posted in the thread you mentioned
" [re: phrozendata]
I added some of your questions to the ones I allready had, here is a temporary list"

Anyway, this is just a brainstorming for ideas which questions to include and how to get the whole thing going.

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #523713 - 01/17/02 05:40 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

In general this would be a great idea, but the major problems would not be solved.. im just going to rehash a little on what has allready been said:
Repeat questions, NOONE SEARCHES!.. newbies dont read the faq's, think that they are gods gift to mankind, and post inane questions.. then get pissed when people dont answer them.. its very frustrating and detracts from the forums..
Perhaps an "invite only" to post in adv. cult... that way there would never be a problem with improper postings there.. for the newbies, well.. please please please do your homework.. perhaps a quiz to post period would be a good idea.. I know that reading is the bane of many of the existances of the young highschoolers who frequent here, but get over it.. if you dont read, your mind will never go as far as if you do.. .. and damnit, its about mushrooms.. you should at least have some interested if your plan on posting here!...
anyway..
its a good idea.. i think that some sort of regulation to post in adv. forums would be a good idea..
enjoy your day

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineDinoMyc
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: COZMKSTRCHLD]
    #523718 - 01/17/02 05:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

my sentiments

--------------------

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. *DELETED* [Re: DinoMyc]
    #523781 - 01/17/02 07:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: phrozendata]
    #523788 - 01/17/02 07:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed Phrozendata

Peace

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Invisibledigitalshaolin
Irish guy

Loc: hot, dry close to mexico
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #523794 - 01/17/02 07:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I am new here and I just want to say as a prequel to me saying anything I gotta say so far this place rocks and I wouldn't mind if it stayed just how it is, but if you wanted to change it I like the invite only to the adv. form to encourage people to contribute if they are helping the newbes (no hidden agenda coming from the newbe :) then they should be asked to join the advanced area based on contributions and have to remain a contributing member to stay there, so basically draw the line of advanced and beginner based on if they are asking questions or answering them.

--A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee.

Anonymous

#523999 - 01/17/02 11:09 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I like the idea of breaking the forums down into subjects instead of experience level, as well as the FAQ, I would also like to suggest a link to glossary of terms at the top of each forum. Additionally, I've seen several different versions posted of the "Ultimate Myco Directory" or some such title, this could be given it's own link in the same area as the FAQs and a glossary. These all should be very helpful to newbies and might slow down redundant posts (in theory).

P.S. As it is now, the Shroomery is one hell of a great web site. To all those who contribute and make it what it is, I thank you.

Edited by evolving (01/17/02 11:22 PM)

OfflineDinoMyc
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: ]
    #524259 - 01/18/02 07:57 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I forgot to mention before, I have one problem with the forum by topic.. how many forums do you expect us to read? The loading time alone for the forum window can be annoying enough with one.. and the turnover for questions being answered would, I think, go down significantly.. keeping up with one or two takes a considerable effort.. let alone 10.. I understand the posts would be spread out.. but then you have problems which bridge two, three,.. , all of the subjects.. where do those go?.. the current division seems to make the most sense to me.. look at the traffic right now in adv. its not excessive, but its slowly being supplemented with newbie questions.. if you split this down there would be no activity.. one - two posts per week per subject.. yes cult would be different, but its posts are greatly inflated by the same questions over and over.
I personally feel I would read the cult. forum more frequently if it wasnt for the abhorant redundancy and ignorance which is unfortunately showcased there.. It really is a shame, we were ALL beginners once.. why can't we help them learn too?...
anyway..
heres one vote for skill level forums vs subject forums

--------------------

Edited by DinoMyc (01/18/02 08:02 AM)

Invisiblewingnutx

#524575 - 01/18/02 01:17 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I can help compile questions, but I'm not particularly experienced at answering them.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: wingnutx]
    #525241 - 01/19/02 01:05 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

could i get a brief summary of what's going on in the last 6 or 7 pages? please.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineKitMarlowe
Stranger
    #525514 - 01/19/02 11:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

So there are several objectives:
1. Avoid redundancy (this goes for beginners and all those 'advanced' growers talking about flow hoods and humidifiers'
2. Make knowledge more easily accessible (let the beginners find all their answers in an archive, subdivided by topics, and the intermediate forum is a great idea, and should be specifically non-pf tek teks I think)
3. Check out www.mycotopia.net, they have something like thois, but could be better done
3. Further

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: Important - All Cultivators please read. [Re: KitMarlowe]
    #525606 - 01/19/02 01:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

if you think shroomerys hard on newbies, dont goto mycotopia. theyll drive you outta the hobby fast.

heres my 2 cents on the board disscusion: instead of newbie board, how about Brown Rice Flour/Rye Board? those are usually the first 2 teks beginners take on anyway and if they get through that alls good. and with all the posters at the shroomery any questions should be taken care of. if no one helps out the newbies then this site sucks. listen to yourselves bitching like a bunch of cunts over answering a humidity question! and if you cant be bothered to answer newbie questions, why are we here at all? i thought the whole point of the shroomry was to get your Qs answered, and if ppl wanna start telling newbies to look the answer up themselves then i suggest they take there own advice. if we want to be a bunch of impatient pricks i say we apply it evenly. with this going on id say wed quickly run out of a reason to even have the boards. sounds like some dont even want a newbie board, and if thats the real aim then have some balls and spell it out. im not blessed with alot of free time either but i can answer a few Qs without it pissing me off. i ook at it like this: good parent want to set there kids up better than they were. im not asking to adopt anyone but the quicker they get there Qs answered the quicker they can join the elitest asshole boards and take shots at the less knowledgable like others in this thread. you dont solve the problem of the poor by killing them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract