Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Playing the victim
    #5232104 - 01/27/06 05:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think a majority of people would rather be the victim, than take responsibility or create an action to ward off their self imposed label of "being victimized".

If we can convince ourselves of our helplessness in the situation, it justifies our lack of action as well as absolves us (to ourselves atleast) of responsibility for our actions which led up to the point of being victimized.

I see the whole notion of "victim" as very counteractive to society and ourselves (especially the legal system).
Since victim is only something you yourself can perceive to be true, it is completely subjective. This means that at any point in time, regarding any thing or event, we can perceive ourselves to be a victim of said thing or event. The other side of that says that we don't ever have to perceive ourselves to be victims.... because it is just that, ourselves saying "woe is me, the external forces of life have taken complete control over my actions, mood and wellbeing".

No one can take away your happiness, only you dwelling on the past in search of justification for your present state can do that.

Physically, yes, external forces beyond your control can cause you physical harm, but mentally, only you can make yourself a victim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Playing the victim [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5232116 - 01/27/06 05:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i am a worm

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Playing the victim [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5232124 - 01/27/06 05:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Want to go fishing? :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Playing the victim [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5232130 - 01/27/06 05:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

deep...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5232179 - 01/27/06 05:25 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I couldn't agree more. There was a point in my life I blamed everyone for everything bad that had happened to me. What is even worse is that deep down I was actually blaming myself and I was always angry at my poor judgement and decisions, and I took it out on others. I learned to drop the blame and learned to just be responsible for myself. One can even be a victim from ones self. I now endeavor to do my best at all times and own up to what I want or do not want and how I react to others. Being self responsible leaves no room for blame. Not even to blame the self because being responsible means you did your best and that you do not need to look back.

"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That?s control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That?s abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment." --CC

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5232190 - 01/27/06 05:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Good post. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Playing the victim [Re: Icelander]
    #5233986 - 01/28/06 02:39 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

this "helpless victim" symptom(in legal matters) is a direct result of vengence being taken from the hands of the "victims" and placed into the hands of police forces, "for the sake of society" In biblical times if you wanted ot punish someone it meant taking the time and effort from YOUR own life and trackign the bastard down. You had whatever you did to him on YOUR soul for the rest of your life, and YOU had to wonder weather or not you had done the right thing. This also meant that you were less likely to care about petty crime and only really go after someone who had taken away something you TRULY CARED ABOUT.

Nowadays you just report crime to the cops and lay it all on them. People have shit stolen that they havent touched in years and people will go to jail for it(not saying stealings right just saying vengence is wrong). No one finds the need to just let things go if you can always make someone pay, why not? they did wrong didnt they? Shouldnt they pay?

we have a society of tattle tales in effect. Now dont get me wrong you CANT do it any other way because they will arrest you for taking care of things yourself these days. i dont blame these people Im only saying the whole situation is fucked up, and that people should seriously have to take more PERSONAL responsibility for any punishment. Im not holding my breath tho. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1