Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: could you survive? [Re: blaze2]
    #5221939 - 01/25/06 02:26 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

lol, calm down, no need to use profanity. There is no need to defend yourself, either. Just chill out. If we are all on the offensive/defense then how can we possibly survive. Keep your head, my friend.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5221962 - 01/25/06 02:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

How do you know I have lived in the lap of luxury? If you're swinging wild trying to land a punch you aren't their yet.

Isn't bush from Texass

Bush MOVED to texas hes not really from here didnt grow up here adn wasnt rasied here so yea. His daddy was though if im not mistaken.

Whatever you guys think your way of survival and the picture you have painted for yourself is the only possible way things could go. That is an extremely Naive viewpoint. You limit yourself, any REAL man should be able to survive, its not an impossible feat as you paint it. YOU may comfort youself by thinking only your foolish waste of money pretending to be rambo out in teh wilderness made you somehow the only people able to survive, but thats just not the way it will be man.

That said dont get me wrong it does sound like alot of fun going on your rambo trip just dont be counting on that giving you this huge leg up you obviously feel it does. Also your knife aint going to stop you from getting yourself shot by crazys. Just a hint.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: could you survive? [Re: psyka]
    #5221964 - 01/25/06 02:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

That's the deal. If you can be pushed off your center by emotion. It will be hard to make good decisions. This is the lesson that living in the wilderness with only a knife can give. Then when you have all the tools you need it will be easy because you have tested yourself against your fears. The techniques of survival training come second to this. Statistics are that most people in survival conditions die because they lost their head. Not because the conditions had overwhelmed there capacity to survive.

Blase 2, I was just funnin with ya.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #5221968 - 01/25/06 02:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"why why why would you do that?"

Ummm....because I was in the Military and it wasn't an option.

Secondly...To think that I would be hunting animals with a knife is very Naive of someone that is a badass as yourself....ever hear of snares / traps/ pits?

Thirdly...That's wonderful that you can look up how to make gunpowder somewhere. It's also wonderful that in the event of this magnitude that your first stop would be to the library....Tell me this...do you take your gun with you everywhere? Are you telling me that there is no way you could survive if someone took your guns?...I'd say your chances are far worse than mine my friend.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5221984 - 01/25/06 02:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
fucker im 21 thats well past high school.

I was referring to the level of the discussion.  The whole "no, you'll be the first to die when the apocalypse happens" argument was popular when I was a teenager.

So was calling people "fucker" when you found their comments offensive. :rolleyes:

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: could you survive? [Re: Rono]
    #5222008 - 01/25/06 02:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I assumed you were one of those freaks who pay exmilitary guys to take them into the wild for a week you the sort.

Yes i know all about snares and traps I have 4 hog traps where I hunt deer as a matter of fact.

Its not my first stop asshole it would be a few weeks down the line im sure I have plenty of ammo to eat for quite awhile. My first thing would be let the water out of the pipes into my bathtub so i have some water right away. Then id probrobly take the truck to the dollar store adn go get as many trash cans as i could and put them in teh back fill them up at the creek take em back to my place now i have water for a few days. I have food in the house enough usually to last a week. Id all the perishables teh first day. I got myself a barbecue pit and plenty of wood to cook with. Dont worry about me id be just fine while you are running around the hills playing rambo.

I wouldnt want to survive that way anyway. All alone afraid of everybody everything, nope id rather die. peace

blaze2

and no I dont carry my gun everywhere, but if that shit went down you can be damn sure that I would.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#5222022 - 01/25/06 02:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

What happens when a group of madmen rob you for your resources?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#5222029 - 01/25/06 02:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

oh my bad veritas dont actually remember doing that shit in HS where im from to tell the truth, the fucker thing has definately stuck. I like it, and dont find it juvenile words are just words after all its whats in your head that counts.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#5222036 - 01/25/06 02:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You seem to have some kind of Rambo fixation...and yes...I am an asshole.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#5222056 - 01/25/06 02:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Dude I live in the country, my house isnt even visible from teh road adn road itself isnt even that big, if they found my house well then id probrobly just slink off into the woods and wait and see.  if its a couple and they look like they are taking something important I'll shoot them, If there are alot of them then yea ill just stay put let em do what they want.  and if they catch me off gaurd(not likely i have dogs) then oh well i guess it was my time.  I dont care about resources I can always get more, my life well thats another thing. 

but seriously no one is going to come to my land lookign for resources people will loot from civilization adn subdivisions.  especially if it is a group the population density around my home is not high enough to support a band of "madmen" who are runnign around pillaging.

Yea RamboII was the saturday night midnight movie this weekend  :grin:

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Edited by blaze2 (01/25/06 02:51 PM)

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #5222060 - 01/25/06 02:50 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
Imagine for a moment that the power went out...this very instant, and now imagine that it won't be coming on again...ever.  No electricity means no gas at the pumps...in effect you are now back in the stone age.

To put it in perspective...before the discovery of fossil fuels, the Earth could only sustain roughly about 2 billion people....since the use of fossil fuels, the Earths population has exploded exponentially.  Now take fossil fuel out of the equation...no oil/gas means no electricity, no plastic, no transportation, no industrial production whatsoever, no fresh water unless you live within walking distance of drinkable water......in other words, you are now left to survive the rest of your days with whatever you have right now.

Could you do it?

Wow!! No power??.. You really think that would put us back in the "Stone age"?...What a retard. :smirk:...uh..yeah, I could survive. Duh.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: could you survive? [Re: Pinhead]
    #5222084 - 01/25/06 02:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Unless you know how to forge metal, then yes...you would in effect be in the stone age.

...and your survival plan is astounding.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5222089 - 01/25/06 02:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah Texas. I remember reading about the Texas Rangers. The were a tough bunch for sure.

Yet the Apaches with out the same resources beat them at almost every turn, including the U.S. Army. One of the most expensive wars in U.S. History at the time was fought against less than 100 Apaches, including I believe women and children. The American Indians were pretty good. Outnumbered and out gunned, running with women and children they won almost every battle fought. But of course lost when they couldn't sustain their losses.

This is just a remembrance of brave warriors and once often peaceful owners of this beautiful land and is a little off topic.

--------------------

Offlinemidnite_rider
Stranger
Loc: earth
    #5222110 - 01/25/06 03:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i live in the suburbs north of chicago... if it happened tomorrow i would say my chance of survival would be very low. i have taken 1 survival course in new jersey, and i am signed up for a few more over the summer. if it happened in about 1 or more years, i would say that my chances of survival go up exponentially. i will be living in the far north of wisconsin after this year. and i assume by then my survival skills will be efficient and fine tuned.

right now i can do a lot of the survival basics, but life wouldnt be comftorable or easy until i was away from other humans and after i had enough practice.

--------------------
The lesson isn't what i tell you, but what it makes you think.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: could you survive? [Re: midnite_rider]
    #5222127 - 01/25/06 03:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Tom Brown? That would be New Jersey.

Wisconson winters are so fucking cold. I'm from Michigan origionally. I would not want to tackle one of those winters unless I was in my prime and well prepared.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: could you survive? [Re: Icelander]
    #5222137 - 01/25/06 03:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

The great part of all this for me now is that talking survival is all in fun.

I've lived the day when that was important. Now I listen to the little  :mushroom2:. It tells me there is nothing to be concerned with. The human scene is a folly. Something much more interesting is going on.

--------------------

Offlinemidnite_rider
Stranger
    #5222142 - 01/25/06 03:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yes, tom browns courses.

im psyched  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #5222157 - 01/25/06 03:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

im a cityslicker hunter gatherer (read dumpster diver), who hikes alot and loves the wilderness and has a group of friends i can trust my life with and a wide variety of resources available to learn pretty quick.

Im totally unprepared, but i think ive got the mind to survive.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinemidnite_rider
Stranger
Re: could you survive? [Re: PDU]
    #5222162 - 01/25/06 03:17 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i believe that i have the right mindset to survive. or atleast i hope so.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: could you survive? [Re: midnite_rider]
    #5222220 - 01/25/06 03:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"Im totally unprepared, but i think ive got the mind to survive. "

you just might man, its not ALL about the 'skills' one has(tho without a doubt they are important). You just have to WANT to survive.

and Icelander, im not entirely sure, but im pretty certain that all those texans arent around anymore. And when i was talking up my fellow texans I never once said we were great warriors man, just that we would mostly be albe to get by without the amenities of modern living. Its in our blood, most people hunt, camp, fish, garden, and all that jazz, we live off of the land more than any other part of the country, and we have a whole lot of poor peole who are already halfway surviving liek that. anyways Im jsut saying that the average texan has about a 6 or 7 out of 10 chance of survival the average yankee i give 3 or 4.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder