Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: raytrace]
    #5220930 - 01/25/06 07:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm... why am I posting stupid one liners to myself that make no sense... oh yeah, so that I can get other people to think about stuff  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Seuss]
    #5220933 - 01/25/06 07:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

don't worry it'll wear off

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Seuss]
    #5221106 - 01/25/06 09:35 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

For those with higher intelligence quotient, what I said was a satyr of the notions of the scientific mind as a masculine trait, sexual innocence, male ignorance concerning female pleasure (note: pleasure, not orgasm), as also the nature of the feminine as deceiver and the origin of science as the result of an animal possessed by natural instincts being driven through intellectualism towards truth that in the end can only be accepted as deceptive faith. This however, can only touch the tip of the iceberg of the unfathomable depth in my apparently meaningless writings that have stemmed from years in the laboratories and countless participations in academic symposia, though I like Picasso have managed after a lengthy successful career to distill expression into the absurdly minimal. All in one irrelevant thread like a shampoo free with a tuna salad sandwich. Did I mention my academic credits?

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5221714 - 01/25/06 01:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Funny, I saw a bumper sticker today on the way into work that read: If money is the root of all evil, then why do churches beg for it?

Because all churches are evil man. They disobey the very book they teach. And that is why God says "worship in your closet".

peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5221818 - 01/25/06 01:50 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

raytrace said:
you mean women can have orgasms too?

Give em some face.

The majority of nerve tissue is in and around the vulva and the clit, not the walls of the vagina. With exception of the G-spot, the vagina has very little nerve tissue. So little, that anesthetics are often not needed when performing surgery to the vaginal wall. Reports vary whether G-spot dervived orgasms are stronger than clitoral orgasms, but the clit is definitely easier to stimulate.
Also, 33% of women report NEVER having an orgasm during intravaginal coitus. Lick it before ya stick it.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: blaze2]
    #5222184 - 01/25/06 03:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
Id say let the asteroid hit, yes im aware its killing people, but that would be God doing the killing, and that is just fine by me. The world is full of sheep and fools a little house cleaning couldnt hurt anything. If im killed in the process so be it, im ready to die. You obviously arent.

You are a very conflicted individual, and the extremes of your contradictions should be of significant concern to you.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Money and Bird Flu! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5225317 - 01/26/06 09:38 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5226320 - 01/26/06 02:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

blaze2 said:
Id say let the asteroid hit, yes im aware its killing people, but that would be God doing the killing, and that is just fine by me. The world is full of sheep and fools a little house cleaning couldnt hurt anything. If im killed in the process so be it, im ready to die. You obviously arent.

You are a very conflicted individual, and the extremes of your contradictions should be of significant concern to you.

Can you not see how evil our world has become, and you want us ot go out and set up shop on other plantets, and bring spread our evil with us. Perhaps I put that whole asteroid thing in a slightly rough way that obviously pisses some people off let me try again.

I have no conflictions Markos, I simply believe in God, and if God decides to rain down fire who am I to stop him? God is good, and works in rightousness. If innocents are killed in the process then they are better off being killed by an act of God than suffering in this world. For any true innocents are suffering. Those that are not will have means to live better(MONEY) and they will not be giving to the suffering(since they still have their money). The Lord wants everyone to live well for a certain, but when some have teh means and others do not those with are for a certain sinning in greed, and vanity, which will lead to jelausy, and anger, and simply breed more evil upon the world.

I would rather have 100 people left in teh world living a life of equality than the 6 billion there are now where the rich and powerful oppress, and violence and greed are the rules. THis is a SAD time in our history. No, I would not be upset to see it ruined.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Veritas]
    #5226357 - 01/26/06 02:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:  money does multiply much slower than bird flue. Where are the banks of bird flue ? The chickenmarkets in asia ? Is there a remedy to money ? :lol:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5226364 - 01/26/06 02:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

A remedy for money?  Hmmmm...no, I think it's incurable. :grin:

Death seems to cure us of our need for money, though.  "You can't take it with you."  :lol:  The Egyptians tried to do so, but the tomb raiders have foiled their big plans.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5226691 - 01/26/06 04:13 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
Is there a remedy to money?

Technocracy.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: blaze2]
    #5227573 - 01/26/06 06:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Fortunately for the rest of us, you are not calling the shots. As for G-D being "Good," [S]He is also the author of evil (Isaiah 45:7 since you like Biblical sayings). Of course, the G-D of the writers of the ancients was:

"...a dictatorial and insecure deity who could not live a moment without [] assurance from a sycophantic audience. No genuine God could possibly behave in such a way." Qabalistic Concepts: Living the Tree by William G. Gray, p. 188.

You can't be too familiar with the various types of genocide that the G-D of the Bible was supposed to be responsible for from the Deluge of Genesis, through Moses' orders to slay every man, woman, child and animal, to apocalyptic stories of damnation. Please don't paint a half-blind picture of G-D. This is not a conception of deity that a 21st century human being needs to believe in. It is a formulation of a primitive human with a primitive might-makes-right mentality. This is certainly not a conception that I hold as true or worthy of worship - some irrascible 'Cosmic King.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5230035 - 01/27/06 06:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Give em some face
they already have face, thats the problem

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
    #5232266 - 01/27/06 05:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Money is not the root of all evil. The greed of man leads him to evil, money is merely his tool.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: lysergicide]
    #5232290 - 01/27/06 05:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Fear is the root of all evil.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Icelander]
    #5233030 - 01/27/06 09:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

the greed to obtain it and then the fear of losing it

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: fresh313]
    #5233325 - 01/27/06 10:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Greed also finds its roots in fear.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Icelander]
    #5322915 - 02/21/06 03:45 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This is an amusing thread!  :thumbup:

I agree that money is a tool, and just like any tool is only limited to the user of said tool.

I think a majority of the currency is used very poorly and by lazy, afraid people. To really scratch the surface of understanding the use of money on any level its imperative to have a good view of its relationships to everything.
None of which are relevant the the fact that money itself is not evil, but I seriously question the ability of the people "in charge" of money and the limitations they are bound by. The fact is money in our society is mainly used to try and control and influence, and I think is very damaging and negative use.

All that being said, I don't have any money at the moment, I was robbed  recently. I'm thinking I may have to get a few credit cards and with drawl all that I can from them and take off. If you think thats not honorable or a reasonable way to obtain money Id debate that its better than getting a "real" job to earn money. Id rather not have to do that but at this point I'm considering it, along with many other options, I mean If I could come up with what I want, I believe I could use it for more good than what most money is used for, and believe my use would be a positive thing for nature and life. The best part is I think Ill be able to achieve my goals regardless if I have the tool of money.

Whats the point? Donate to me :laugh:

Quote:

Pardigram said:
God is everywhere. There is nothing that isn't a part of God(including the devil). Thus, my decision to shoot you would be God's decision, as I am part of God.

Blaze2 responded:Show me where it says that and you win

I'm with pardigram on this topic. I mean if I where to open a page in the bible and it had a quote from god saying "God is everywhere, the distinction between god and not is an illusion" you would believe it then? Are your views of what or who god is and what he does or thinks  based on what he has said? Or written? Cause i cant find him listed on amazon.

Quote:

Blaze2 said:
Oh yea the name calling argument good one. Saving a planet chock full of evil would be evil yes. I have no love for most of our wasteful, hate filled, unrespectful, and greed filled planet.

What are you afraid of? Sounds like your not afraid of death, you've said your ready to die. You say you have no love for most of out wasteful, hatefilled, unrespectfull, and greedfilled planet. Seems like your afraid to try to love what you dont understand or what you view as not god or goodness. Focused or stuck on the bad and negative?

Peace.:heart:

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Springs]
    #5328357 - 02/22/06 03:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Chud said:
Quote:

Blaze2 said:
Oh yea the name calling argument good one. Saving a planet chock full of evil would be evil yes. I have no love for most of our wasteful, hate filled, unrespectful, and greed filled planet.

What are you afraid of? Sounds like your not afraid of death, you've said your ready to die. You say you have no love for most of out wasteful, hatefilled, unrespectfull, and greedfilled planet. Seems like your afraid to try to love what you dont understand or what you view as not god or goodness. Focused or stuck on the bad and negative?

Peace.:heart:

I'm not afraid of anything.  believe it or not. 

Dont get me wrong I like(like not love) much of this world, but I realize its still a product of evil.  This computer I am working on I like it, but it wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the never ending arms race of western civilization.  Im not stuck on the evil or bad, this whole thread just happened to be on it.  And call me old fashioned but I dont love anythign that is not good, that would be extremely contradictory.  Why should you love anything that is not good?  Sounds foolish to me.  peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom