Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Maverick]
    #5219768 - 01/24/06 09:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yea DRT your right but why dont you think about why that is. Money makes you comfortable, and gets you want you want faster. You have all the food you need a good home maybe you got an Ipod, all sorts of cool stuff to occupy your time right? Your happy right how can that be wrong?

A poor person cant get health care, cant afford good food(dollar store mac and cheese becomes a staple), their teeth go bad cant afford a dentist, definately no ipods, probrobly has a shitty car. Thats not a very happy life is it? Thats just american poor im not going to get into Africa poor.

do the people with money care or notice that the poor suffer? nope. oh they might give some money to charity once in a while or donate some old clothes that dont fit anymore, but i bet they dont sell their ipods or dvds or 30000$ cars to feed starving kids do they? nope.

why would they you ask? they earned the money themselves right? well maybe they would because it hurts them to see people suffer, or maybe because they feel guilty for having that much when others in third world nations have nothing. If i was rich i would spend it all till i was poor again I could not have a clear conscience living with that all that greed in my life, but thats just me. Its all just vanity like the rest of our culture.

selfishness=evil when so many are in need of the BASICS of survival. Im not even talking about all your meaningless toys. Food, Shelter, Clean water, Clothes.

Of course the poor view the rich as Evil, how can you possibly blame them for that?

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Phred]
    #5219799 - 01/24/06 09:54 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Quote:

Anyone who says Money is the roof of all evil Doesn't have any.

Or he feels he hasn't enough and wants yours. As Ayn Rand puts it -- "Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter."

"Leper's bell" -- what a great phrase!

Phred

have you no shame? no guilt about being blessed with so much while so many others have nothing? jeez man i bet you havent even really thought about it. Your too concerned with keeping whats "yours". Like you can even really own anything. If you were with friends and had a pound of weed would not smoke out all your friends? would you not be afraid to pass a blunt around a circle of strangers? People are far too attached to money, its just a possesion like everything else. and what good are possesions really, answer me that.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: blaze2]
    #5219871 - 01/24/06 10:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Possessions are useful for picking up secksey women plus distracting them from your lack of knowledge about female orgasm.

The female orgasm is the root of all evil.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5219930 - 01/24/06 10:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ill give you that mush. it says to me that Women are even greedier than men, and usually its for even more useless crap too.

I could go on but something tells me that i should go there. Peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5219948 - 01/24/06 10:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
no if you shot me YOU would be shooting me. You are a human and as such you have no right to judge. God, if you believe in him that is, is infallible, so i would have no problems with his judging me. You are very fallible being the human that you are

God is not illusion if you actually believe in him man, but its all about the side of the fence your on.

It is not God that is the illusion, but rather the idea that we are separate from God. I am no less a part of God than the asteroid.

Quote:

Oh yea and if humans were able to divert it then i highly doubt it was Gods will anyways, when he is ready to wipe us out we wont see it coming till its too late.

Please refer back to my comment about nuclear weapons. An asteroid hitting earth could be prevented through the use of nuclear weapons. Yet you claimed that such an asteroid hitting Earth would be the will of God. Now you claim that it is not the will of God if it is preventable, which it could be if we used nuclear weapons, which are evil according to you. So please, quit dancing in circles and make up your mind.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5219955 - 01/24/06 10:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
fish are about on par with birds, when you shoot a deer man and look in its eyes you see emotion there. It knows its dieing and until youve looked death in the eye then you dont understand the full impact of having caused something else's death.

In other words, only the cute animals count, right?

Quote:

i dont know how to describe it any better than that. You'll actually have to experiance it yourself. There is a reason that indian tribes would only kill when absolutly necessary, adn then used every bit of the animal they could.

Of course. They had limited resources, and didn't want to waste something that could be put to use. Resourcefulness and efficiency have nothing to do with guilt.

Quote:

MY "simplistic mind" knows many shades of grey on many issues killing is not one of them. Killing is absolute most evil thing humans can do no matter the circumstance. Slavery, rape, violence, all are bad but at least the victim is still alive, killing IS black and white man its as simple as ALIVE OR DEAD.

Life feeds on life feeds on life. Go watch the Lion King if you need me to explain the circle of life to you. Then we'll go chat about how evil something that nature depends upon is.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5219979 - 01/24/06 10:51 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
Possessions are useful for picking up secksey women plus distracting them from your lack of knowledge about female orgasm.

The female orgasm is the root of all evil.

In the Victorian Era, the female orgasm was seen as an abnormality present in only some rare cases.

Ever since the feminists took hold and preached the value of actually pleasuring a woman, the world's gone to hell. Nuclear bombs, World Wars, HIV, mutually assured destruction... coincidence? I doubt it.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Silversoul]
    #5220005 - 01/24/06 10:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

blaze2 said:
no if you shot me YOU would be shooting me. You are a human and as such you have no right to judge. God, if you believe in him that is, is infallible, so i would have no problems with his judging me. You are very fallible being the human that you are

God is not illusion if you actually believe in him man, but its all about the side of the fence your on.

It is not God that is the illusion, but rather the idea that we are separate from God. I am no less a part of God than the asteroid.

Quote:

Oh yea and if humans were able to divert it then i highly doubt it was Gods will anyways, when he is ready to wipe us out we wont see it coming till its too late.

Please refer back to my comment about nuclear weapons. An asteroid hitting earth could be prevented through the use of nuclear weapons. Yet you claimed that such an asteroid hitting Earth would be the will of God. Now you claim that it is not the will of God if it is preventable, which it could be if we used nuclear weapons, which are evil according to you. So please, quit dancing in circles and make up your mind.

God could use you to kill me true enough, but just cause you do kill me doesnt mean God DID use you to do that. Not everything is controlled by God that is a common misconception. He is all powerful and all knowing but that doesnt mean you make the leap that ALL actions are his will. I mean when the Devil acts is that Gods will? The asteroid isnt necessarily part of God either the only part of God that I know is part of God is God so everything else is just the opinion of people adn people shouldnt presume to know the nature of God.

Well here it is on the Nukes man, they are evil and yes any use of them to stop an asteroid would be futher evil, but im not naive enough to think that Mankind wouldnt go for using them in that instance either. I just said taht if they succeded in stoping the asteroid then it obviously wasnt the will of God for it to smack into Earth. If it does hit then you know that it was. Its a sucky way to find out i know, but thats how God rolls.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5220021 - 01/24/06 11:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
God could use you to kill me true enough, but just cause you do kill me doesnt mean God DID use you to do that. Not everything is controlled by God that is a common misconception. He is all powerful and all knowing but that doesnt mean you make the leap that ALL actions are his will. I mean when the Devil acts is that Gods will? The asteroid isnt necessarily part of God either the only part of God that I know is part of God is God so everything else is just the opinion of people adn people shouldnt presume to know the nature of God.

God is everywhere. There is nothing that isn't a part of God(including the devil). Thus, my decision to shoot you would be God's decision, as I am part of God, and so are you.

Quote:

Well here it is on the Nukes man, they are evil and yes any use of them to stop an asteroid would be futher evil, but im not naive enough to think that Mankind wouldnt go for using them in that instance either. I just said taht if they succeded in stoping the asteroid then it obviously wasnt the will of God for it to smack into Earth. If it does hit then you know that it was. Its a sucky way to find out i know, but thats how God rolls.

So saving the entire planet is evil? I'm afraid you have a very skewed idea of evil, as well as a very immature and underdeveloped sense of what God is.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Silversoul]
    #5220088 - 01/24/06 11:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

blaze2 said:
fish are about on par with birds, when you shoot a deer man and look in its eyes you see emotion there. It knows its dieing and until youve looked death in the eye then you dont understand the full impact of having caused something else's death.

In other words, only the cute animals count, right?

Quote:

i dont know how to describe it any better than that. You'll actually have to experiance it yourself. There is a reason that indian tribes would only kill when absolutly necessary, adn then used every bit of the animal they could.

Of course. They had limited resources, and didn't want to waste something that could be put to use. Resourcefulness and efficiency have nothing to do with guilt.

Quote:

MY "simplistic mind" knows many shades of grey on many issues killing is not one of them. Killing is absolute most evil thing humans can do no matter the circumstance. Slavery, rape, violence, all are bad but at least the victim is still alive, killing IS black and white man its as simple as ALIVE OR DEAD.

Life feeds on life feeds on life. Go watch the Lion King if you need me to explain the circle of life to you. Then we'll go chat about how evil something that nature depends upon is.

No your not listening man it is an evil act to kill anything, its only the cute animals that can convey facial emotions and make you realize that, fish have no face muscles, birds have beaks, insects skeleton is on the outside and reptiles have no facial muscles. mammals(what we are surprise surprise) are able to show pain and fear and anger in their faces. And the fact that you just blew off this point shows that you have not experianced causeing somethings death and having to watch it die. You kill a buck and stare it in the eye as it takes its last breath then tell me animals dont have souls.

Indians didnt have limited resources you dumb ass they had thousands and thousands of buffaloes they could kill. they CHOSE to limit themselves because they felt guilt for taking even one animal life. They chose to limit themselves to a simple life rather than greedily taking whatever they wanted. They had an appreciation for nature that the west has never had.

Man doesnt need to kill anything but plants technicly buddy. and there are plenty of plants that dont even need to be killed to be harvested and eaten. I eat meat tho I admit that it its good for you that does not mean that killing to get the meat is any more right or good. Killing is killing is killing is killing.

Animals are innocent of guilt Paradigm, humans are not. We know it is a horrible thing we are doing when we kill. If we didnt then why is it that envitably when a young boy kills his first animal he always feels deep remorse? sure it gets easier and easier, but that does not change the fact the first time you KNOW its wrong and selfish.

Once again Killing is something that cant be avoided but should be done with complete respect, you are ending somethings life, for good. I cant help but think you havent fully comprehended that. when you take a life you are forever ending its place on earth and sending it on to whatever is next. It could be great it could be shitty it could be nothing you dont know. Who gives you the right to decide when something should die? Have respect man you are in effect playing God. I dont know about you, but i never like to play God. Im well aware im likely to make a mistake. One should never just dismiss it as an everyday part of life. How would you feel if God just happend to screw up with you?

peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#5220109 - 01/24/06 11:37 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

God is everywhere. There is nothing that isn't a part of God(including the devil). Thus, my decision to shoot you would be God's decision, as I am part of God, and so are you.

show me where it says God told us this and you win.

So saving the entire planet is evil? I'm afraid you have a very skewed idea of evil, as well as a very immature and underdeveloped sense of what God is.

Oh yea the name calling argument good one. Saving a planet chock full of evil would be evil yes. I have no love for most of our wasteful, hatefilled, unrespectful, and greed filled planet. For those few people out there who are good I have faith in God that he would protect them. I dont believe that any asteroid or comet will completely wipe us out, if one that big headed this way there are places already prepared in some hollowed out mountain that im sure some people will be able to hide in till the dust settles.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #5220327 - 01/25/06 01:03 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

so money is not the root of all evil because its necassary?

No, money is not the root of evil because it is a tool - it is neutral; like a hammer, it can be used for construction or destruction.
If money were objectively the root of all evil, then there would be no evil in this world, had the concept of currency not been introduced? [Of course not]

Alright, let's go back to ye olde fashioned bartering system. Let's just exchange our surplus goods for other surplus goods. Nevermind the fact that there are reasons why we evolved into the form of currency we have today. It takes time and energy to find someone with exactly what you want who's also willing to take what you have to offer. And it isn't always easy to agree on what things are worth. How many skins is a basket of grain worth? What happens if the plow you want is worth a cow and a half?
So back to the olde fashioned bartering system we go. Then what? "Oh, Bartering is the root of all evil!..."
Why? Because there are people who work harder, more efficiently, and thus have a higher surplus of goods to exchange than those who slack, crusade for unproductivity, laziness and hedonistic indulgement?

Nevermind the fact that money hasn't been with mankind during its entire span of civilization, hmm?
From the cro-magnon era to this very day, there has long been the true root of all evil: Ignoramus Irrationalus. Mushman nailed it: Irrationality is the root of evil - irrational thinking [philosophy(s)] breeds irrational actions [ethics].

there is no rational human who can say that money isnt evil.

Au contraire. I am one, as several others are in this thread.

Guns are inherintly evil man so are bombs, there is no reason for them

You are committing the fallacy of Intrinsicism. Guns nor knives, bombs, or rocks are not intrinsically evil nor good. Guns do not kill people; people kill people.

nope the rich bastards who run everythign adn give nothing back have no "dire need" for more money, they are just evil assholes.

Tell that to Goobler. He's a member here, in case you don't know. Your view is extremely niave and immature - normally one of that who has never personally known any wealthy people, and has been subject to biased and stereotypical misinformation about the wealthy through TV, movies and others.

Based on my own experiences - it is the exact opposite of what you're saying, that is the case. And before you make any mistaken assumptions of who I am and where I come from - let me tell you, I was born into poverty [and raised, for seven years] and have moved throughout the entire range of the socio-economic spectrum to the opposite end. I've lived with folks from all walks of life, and I can tell you that your assertions of the wealthy -in contrast to the poverty stricken- are very, very backwards. Am I saying that all wealthy folks are, by default, saints and angels? No. But I recognize the abundance of intelligence, integrity and respect when I see it - this is because I've experienced the abundance of the precise opposite.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5220495 - 01/25/06 02:16 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No, money is not the root of evil because it is a tool - it is neutral; like a hammer, it can be used for construction or destruction.
If money were objectively the root of all evil, then there would be no evil in this world, had the concept of currency not been introduced? [Of course not]

yup thats all true, but all tools have intended uses. The hammer is for hammering nails, the saw for cutting wood, and currency is our 20th century politicly correct way to create different classes of people. Since we cant just go and call people peasents any more they are simply poor people. Some people can make it out of being poor that is about the only advance we have made socially in that area, but most will stay poor for a number of reasons. Poor schools have no money to pay teachers well and so they put out stupider people who cant get good jobs or get into college as easily and will most liekly end up poor like their parents. Even when you make it out of being poor, it is highly unlikely to make it past middle class which really is just being poor, but with nice things. The Rich are in a class unobtainable by 99.9% of the population just like the kinds and nobles in midevil times.

Alright, let's go back to ye olde fashioned bartering system. Let's just exchange our surplus goods for other surplus goods. Nevermind the fact that there are reasons why we evolved into the form of currency we have today. It takes time and energy to find someone with exactly what you want who's also willing to take what you have to offer. And it isn't always easy to agree on what things are worth. How many skins is a basket of grain worth? What happens if the plow you want is worth a cow and a half?

You act as if going backwards is the only way to change a system. Money is only one problem in our society but it is the one that our entire way of life is built upon. why should anything have a value? monetary values will allways put certain things out of reach for certain people. how is that not evil? Nothing is worth anything WE put those values there. a thing is a thing. Things are ways that people gain power over other peoples and everyone knows that power currupts. and curruption is evil for it is always about control, and greed. Both of which are evil.

Nevermind the fact that money hasn't been with mankind during its entire span of civilization, hmm?
From the cro-magnon era to this very day, there has long been the true root of all evil: Ignoramus Irrationalus. Mushman nailed it: Irrationality is the root of evil - irrational thinking [philosophy(s)] breeds irrational actions [ethics].

money as we know it hasnt always been around, but before currency which what you are talking about wealth was measured in herds and land(this was in fact their money) and it bred jealusy and brought about just as much evil as our currency does today.

Au contraire. I am one, as several others are in this thread

so you say.

nope the rich bastards who run everythign adn give nothing back have no "dire need" for more money, they are just evil assholes.

Tell that to Goobler. He's a member here, in case you don't know. Your view is extremely niave and immature - normally one of that who has never personally known any wealthy people, and has been subject to biased and stereotypical misinformation about the wealthy through TV, movies and others.

How do you know who ive met? I know you wont believe me but about 20miles from where i live there is a man who invented the process of stonewash jeans hes got 3 planes two hangers a private airstrip and a three story house with 8 roman style pillars supporting a huge ass balcony on the front of his house. I call that fucking rich. THe guys a duche too. I went to school with his daughter(she was alright I guess tho still spoiled.)

Based on my own experiences - it is the exact opposite of what you're saying, that is the case. And before you make any mistaken assumptions of who I am and where I come from - let me tell you, I was born into poverty [and raised, for seven years] and have moved throughout the entire range of the socio-economic spectrum to the opposite end. I've lived with folks from all walks of life, and I can tell you that your assertions of the wealthy -in contrast to the poverty stricken- are very, very backwards. Am I saying that all wealthy folks are, by default, saints and angels? No. But I recognize the abundance of intelligence, integrity and respect when I see it - this is because I've experienced the abundance of the precise opposite.

I dont assume to know where your from in life(you did that too me tho check the last part of your post) Im glad you made it all the way up to what you think of as a good life, but you most of all if your story be true should know enought to realize you should give back to the needy. Oh yea rich people tend to be alot smarter, and cover up their evilness very well, doesnt mean its not there tho bud. They will act like normal people, but they are all the same, thinking about themselves first(thats the only way to get rich by the way), and they have no compassion for their fellow man. That is evil.

Im not saying rich people are pure evil beings or anything man just that they have all their prioities wrong. When one is doing ok he should then turn his attention to those who arent and help them to do better. I dont mean just giving money away that wouldnt help anyone it would only make more greedy fools, i mean HELPING them personally. And no i cant spell this out for you because everybody needs help in different ways. No two cases are the same. You should read "the sermon on the mount" story in the gospels. Believer or not it makes important points.

You seem to have made the mistake in thinking that i believe society could be just the same as it is now with no money, of course not, we wouldnt have alot of the worthless meaningless crap that we produce today, and alot of spoiled people couldnt live that way. THat is why rich people will always argue that being rich is just fine and dandy, they are unwilling to give things up. I have no problem with giving things up. In fact i find it freeing and liberating. You can live without your 250 sattelite channels believe it or not.

Jesus made it work too, but i guess that the rest of the world is just plain weak is all. To you i am naive oh well thats your thing. If it helps you to justify yourself go ahead ill be naive for you. doesnt change a bit of the truth.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Edited by blaze2 (01/25/06 02:27 AM)

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5220563 - 01/25/06 03:13 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Money is NOT the root of all evil!
which means Skorpivo does not belong to the working class

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: raytrace]
    #5220611 - 01/25/06 03:46 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Funny, I saw a bumper sticker today on the way into work that read: If money is the root of all evil, then why do churches beg for it?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Money is NOT the root of all evil! [Re: Ravus]
    #5220870 - 01/25/06 07:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

you mean women can have orgasms too?

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#5220875 - 01/25/06 07:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:what: I'll need a proof of that

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#5220917 - 01/25/06 07:50 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hence, men invented science

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #5220925 - 01/25/06 07:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

wow, I feel really clever

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #5220928 - 01/25/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

My dog has dog fur.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order