Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Tastes like... CHICKEN (mushrooms)
    #4409893 - 07/15/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

On my latest mushroom foray, I came across a beautiful clump of cinnamon-colored chicken mushrooms (Yay, dinner!):

Once home I cleaned and prepped the mushies, dipped them in some beaten eggs (salt & pepper), and coated them with Italian Style bread crumbs:

The shrooms were then turned into proper faux chicken cutlets by sauteing on high heat in olive oil until golden brown and slightly crispy:

At this point you can use these gems as you would any breaded chicken cutlet.  I opted to toss them into a francese sauce.  I suppose the dish would be called Chicken Shrooms Francese y Italiano. I apologize for the vague ingredient amounts that follow, but I tend to improvise sauces a little bit. 

First saute some garlic (4 - 5 cloves) in your pan, and then deglaze with the juice of half a lemon and a few hits (half cup?) of a good white wine:

Reduce this to almost nothing, stir in about 3 tablespoons of salted butter, and then blend in about 1 can of seasoned chicken stock along with some scallions:

As you're reducing this down to your final desired consistency, place the cutlets back into the pan:

When your sauce is ready, plate out the cutlets on a bed of linguine (or rice), and spoon the sauce over the whole lot.  Best served with a Pouilly-Fuisse or chardonnay (the one added to the sauce):

I find these mushroom cutlets to be virtually indistinguishable from real chicken.  They work well in the francese sauce, but I think that they would REALLY stand out in a chicken parmesan dish, where the crispiness of the cutlet is allowed to come through.

Happy hunting and eating!  :laugh:

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Tastes like... CHICKEN (mushrooms) [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #4410027 - 07/15/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

NICE!
That is amazing. I am totally going to make this with some fresh chanterelles. Great thread, and great recipe. Seems pretty simple for such a tasty meal...
Only thing I would change is not as much garlic, and a bit of ginger and sage into the mix, and also I would pan fry some fish with the mushrooms in the first stage of cooking and serve over wild rice not pasta.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: Tastes like... CHICKEN (mushrooms) [Re: flowstone]
    #4410092 - 07/15/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Granted, that is a garlic lover's amount of garlic... I love it! I probably would have gone with rice, too, if I had some in the pantry. Cheers!

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: Tastes like... CHICKEN (mushrooms) [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #4416555 - 07/17/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so where can i get some chicken mushroom??

and do you mix any alfredo or pesto or something??? just plain? and whats chicken stock?

Edited by AliceDee (07/17/05 08:48 PM)

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
Re: Tastes like... CHICKEN (mushrooms) [Re: AliceDee]
    #5212213 - 01/22/06 09:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Im going to try this pretty soon with some giant portobellos  :smirk:

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Tastes like... CHICKEN (mushrooms) [Re: Chazzersize]
    #5217976 - 01/24/06 02:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

God that looks so freakin good. 5 shrooms for that one.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag