Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

1/2 Inch pipe?
    #5182394 - 01/15/06 02:45 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, I'm still gathering some more supplies before I get this going. I noticed 1/2 Inch piping in a hardware store. Will this diameter be enough for allowing the mist from both by humidifiers and ultrasonic to enter my martha?

-Thanks

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1/2 Inch pipe? [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #5182407 - 01/15/06 02:52 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

no, you'll need 1-1 1/2 inch

OfflineTheLightIsOn

Re: 1/2 Inch pipe? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5182484 - 01/15/06 04:48 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I already have 1-1/4" PVC with elbows to supply both the coolmist and ultra to the martha. Now, I just need some flexible tubing like polyurethane tubing hooked up seperatly to the coolmist and ultra then to the PVC. The only problem I'm running into is the biggest ID I can get online is 1/2".

--------------------

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5182584 - 01/15/06 07:21 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Check a local hardware store.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: 1/2 Inch pipe? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5183079 - 01/15/06 11:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I bought regular hoses for mine with 1/2 pvc piping and then realised that this was not working. Ended up spending some money and buying pool tubing with huge 2 inch pipes. Works great! Speacialy for FAE.

Edited by GodsEntelechy (01/15/06 11:10 AM)

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Loc: mars hotel
Re: 1/2 Inch pipe? [Re: Akira]
    #5183153 - 01/15/06 11:32 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i used (and i'll be posting a pictorial on building my Martha soon for those who still need one) 3/4" inner diameter 1" outer diameter clear vinyl tubing for mine. i'm running a sunbeam (don't use Vick's) cool mist humidifier and an ultrasonic w/ variable output on a timer.

while bigger hosing could be better, this works AWESOME for mine. also, the bigger the hose and conectors, the more you have to reinforce the area where the tubing hooks up tp your martha.

IMO the BEST connectors to use are the GRAY pvc (in the ELECTRICAL section - not plumbing) conduit elbows hook into the martha and straight conduit into the humidifiers. lke i said, i'll post pics soon.

--------------------
"DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND.  IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING." - Robert Anton Wilson

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #5183350 - 01/15/06 12:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Myself I like the 3/4 inch hose. Been using it since I came up with the first Martha post but any size that gets the job done is fine. We're talking shrooms here not rocket science.  :thumbup:

Remember if you want the thing to work at it's best put the outlet for the ultrasonic over the cool mist outlet. the fog from the ultrasonic will drop into the airstream of the cool mist and mix throughout the whole Martha better.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Loc: mars hotel
Re: 1/2 Inch pipe? [Re: Magash]
    #5183446 - 01/15/06 01:19 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

nice, Magash. good lookin out on tose pics, i was gonna post some but i didnt wanna resize em now. those grey connectors he has on the humidifiers is exactly what i used (electrical grade pvc) and that is the same hosing i was talking about too, 1" O.D. 3/4" I.D.

"Remember if you want the thing to work at it's best put the outlet for the ultrasonic over the cool mist outlet. the fog from the ultrasonic will drop into the airstream of the cool mist and mix throughout the whole Martha better."

also very true. plus it looks cool w/ the ultrasonic mist blowin around. real mad scientist.

ALSO, another good TIP: when you are "buying" your connectors from Lowe's (or wherever) make sure you take an EXTRA O-Ring gasket from another connector and put it on yours (double up) that way you have a seal on both sides of the connection, whether its to the vinyl on the closet or the plastic on the humidifier.

-> or, if you have a moral issue w/ that, buy the extra rubber o-ring.

--------------------
"DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND.  IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING." - Robert Anton Wilson

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

Edited by krill (01/15/06 01:24 PM)

OfflineTheLightIsOn

Re: 1/2 Inch pipe? [Re: krill]
    #5209041 - 01/22/06 03:20 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for all your replies :-)

-PEACE

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag