Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers!
    #5207929 - 01/21/06 09:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, I'm fully prepared to grow shrooms by myself (don't say just pick them because I don't want to take the risks of picking the wrong ones, a kid died at school, yadda yadda) I've read the entire article on erowid (http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml) and everything is good with that. I have a nice growing spot in my room (dark closet, open the door before school, close it afterwards) I can fully tend to my mushrooms and everything with it. Here are my questions though:

Spore Syringe, where are the best places to get one? Do I absolutely have to buy one? I read the part about spore prints (taking the spores off the bottom of a shroom) But this said the shroom would have to be grown until the spores seperated from the stem. In reality, could I buy 1 or 2 actual shrooms from my dealer, and scrape the spores from those shrooms, and make a spore print? If that's not exactly how to do it, then should I just buy a Spore Syringe from one of these places in Canada?

Second, the guide said that one cake will produce about 1 shroom a week, about how many 3" stemmed shrooms with a medium sized cap dried are in say, an eighth? *inappropriate question, sorry!*
Third, I remember a kid here talked about making shroom honey, is it just like, an eighth of shrooms in a small jar, then fill with honey, remove shroom pieces, and eat honey?

Sorry about long post, summary here:

Summary: I read the article about growing shrooms on erowid. Questions: Where should I buy a spore syringe, or can I make a spore print out of shrooms I buy from my dealer? How many 3" shrooms are in an eighth? What is the proper way to make shroom honey?

Thanks again!

Edited by coda (01/22/06 04:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: iggy4mayor]
    #5207998 - 01/21/06 09:28 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: onetime]
    #5210275 - 01/22/06 01:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, I read a lot of those. One question that didn't get answer is: Can I buy some shrooms from my local dealer, take the caps of those, and get the spores from them? If not then I will have to buy the syringes offline (haven't checked local head shops yet, but will tomorrow) Looks like vermilice or whatever and brown rice flour isn't necessary, as a lot of these are using grains, birdseed, and even popcorn for the base! Seems like it will be a lot of fun, and it's pretty cheap to start out. About how much will one cake yield?

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
Loc: Colorado
    #5210292 - 01/22/06 01:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

if there fresh yes!...but i would say no cuz dealers tend to sell there shyt dried...in which case its sumtimes hard to get spores, and u might just have contams off the bat!

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: Weeded420]
    #5210303 - 01/22/06 01:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

^ I see what you mean. I'll have to ask my dealer if it would be possible to sell me them fresh (no clue if he grows or if he buys from another dealer. More hands it goes through the more contaminated it could possibly be) I'm going to call some head shops now. I'd rather not order something from Europe or Canada, but there's no other way besides that, right?

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Igloo's and polar bears
    #5210351 - 01/22/06 01:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

There are U.S suppliers for prints/syringes.
-edit- PF cakes will yeild more then one mushroom per a week depending on your choice of setup. A ultrasonic/Cool mist humdifier is highly recommended by tek writers although there are many people that use PMP's and get highly succesful yeilds.

As far as your word problem goes, 4 terrariums producing 4 mushrooms a week would work out to be 16g's a month give or take a few.
-edit-

You're going to need a preasure cooker if you plan on useing grains, I recommend you start out with PF cakes and use them for casing if you want to produce higher yeilds 40-50g's per a flush.

but then again im still on my first flush myself so dont take my word for it.

*no prices!*

--------------------
It's okay to hurt my feelings
cause you know, they're so numb anyway.
but I guess it's what I get
for being to fuckin stupid to stay away - Jake

- Support the FSR at www.fsrcanada.com and www.fsre.nl

Edited by coda (01/22/06 04:11 PM)

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: Pr0_X]
    #5210367 - 01/22/06 01:40 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

^ Well, I just read over a bunch of stuff. PF cakes are the way I'm going. Is it perfectly safe to just follow the normal The Magic Mushrooms Grower s Guide - Introduction and be able to use the Poor Man's terrarium (2 liter bottle cut down) and still yield good results?

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
    #5210381 - 01/22/06 01:44 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iggy4mayor said:
Okay, I read a lot of those. One question that didn't get answer is: Can I buy some shrooms from my local dealer, take the caps of those, and get the spores from them?

This technique is totally possible. A lot of trial and error using cloning and culturing is need, but totally possible. Several unknown strains have been perpetuated this way.

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: Nashbar]
    #5210396 - 01/22/06 01:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nashbar said:
This technique is totally possible. A lot of trial and error using cloning and culturing is need, but totally possible. Several unknown strains have been perpetuated this way.

Are there any teks on how to do this? I'd rather see if I can extract spores from the shrooms I can buy from my next door neighbor, then having to hunt down head shops or possibly have something mailed to me.

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
    #5210478 - 01/22/06 02:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

read read read until you cant read no more.
then order from a sponser, and above all.

ask all the questions needed :wink:

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5210519 - 01/22/06 02:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Why wouldn't you just ask your next door neighbour for some prints if he's cultivating himself. That way you can atleast identifie the strain you'd be useing. You could even ask him for a peice of myc to start a culture.

Tip
If you invested in a preasure cooker and food processor you could use whole grain rye and tissue from the mushroom to start a casing.

--------------------

OfflineshrOOOOm420
ChefShroom
Loc: The underworld
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5210541 - 01/22/06 02:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If youre a first timer then you might wanna just order a couple of syringes,dont worry about it though it's not that unsafe at all. Im a first timer myself and i thought about tryin the print thing too but its much more difficult for the unexcperienced.
Shroomy

--------------------
Hey all,
Im quite new to the whole growing "legal" mushrooms thing ive grown alot of grass before but definately not the same.The people here in this community seem to be very helpful to others and thats why im here thanks for the help

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: shrOOOOm420]
    #5210575 - 01/22/06 02:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mean exact next door neighbor, but he's a lot closer to me then someone in Canada. I don't know if he grows himself, but I know he deals them.

I might just order some syringes. What's the best site if my head shops don't have any? What's the best strand?

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

#5210661 - 01/22/06 03:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been told that South American and Argentina are very forgiving strains for beginners so i'd recommend them to you aswell as myself.

Pink buffalo i heard today are suppose to be extremely high in potency but go with your safe bet and get a good beginners strain like one of those two. Blue meanies also seem to be rather easy to cultivate and are very fast colonizers and like cooler tempatures.

--------------------

OfflineshrOOOOm420
ChefShroom
Loc: The underworld
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: Pr0_X]
    #5210681 - 01/22/06 03:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well for my first strain i chose to use the B+, ive heard good things about them from many people and they seem to grow with lower temps too, unlike many other strains. tasmanians are supposed to be good for us newbies too i havnt tried any yet but ive heard plenty of good reports from people i know. Good luck.
Shroomy

--------------------
Hey all,
Im quite new to the whole growing "legal" mushrooms thing ive grown alot of grass before but definately not the same.The people here in this community seem to be very helpful to others and thats why im here thanks for the help

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
    #5210699 - 01/22/06 03:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm, I might try B+ then, since I live in Massachusetts. House is heated to 72 degrees, but still better to have a little cooler strain. Thanks for the info you guys! I found this awesome website with step by step pictures! http://www.fungifun.org/pf/fruiting.htm It's helping me a ton right now. Spore syringe is still my biggest problem of everything. Haven't found phone numbers to my head shops yet. What are the best sites to order from? (I'd imagine the sponsers)

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
    #5211818 - 01/22/06 08:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, everything is set. This weekend is my incubation. spores101.com is getting my business. B+ strand. Should be here this Friday or Saturday, perfect timing. My friend is going to help me take pictures of everything to document, so maybe I'll make a grow log if everything seems to be going a-okay. =)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5211916 - 01/22/06 08:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

>>>>I remember a kid here talked about making shroom honey, is it just like, an eighth of shrooms in a small jar, then fill with honey, remove shroom pieces, and eat honey?

Looks like you're on your way, just wanted to comment on the above. Remove the shroom pieces and you're just eating honey. Some of the content may make it's way into the honey, but most of it would still be in the shrooms.

Personally, my favorite way to take them is to weigh out what I want (after drying) and grind it up in a coffee grinder (10 bucks). place approximatley 1 gram on a piece of paper, funnel it onto your toungue and chase it with a drink, you'll never taste it. Repeat until you've got your dose down. Ever done goody powders?

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: Rahz]
    #5212048 - 01/22/06 09:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ordering spores shouldn't be a problem if you live in the US and if you don't live in GA, CA, ID.... If your a first time grower I wouldn't be worrying about re hydrating dried spores from an unknown strain...... I would order spores from a shroomery sponsor like ralphters you don't have to worry about sketchy packages or anything like that.

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
    #5212165 - 01/22/06 09:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds like a great idea to chase the shrooms. Wonderful!

spores101.com seems great, I'll check this ralphters though.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#5212189 - 01/22/06 09:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If your going to use the pf tek which i dont think that you should but if you are then try and find organic rye flour or get whole grain rye and grind it to a powder. I think it works better than rice or wheat flour. I think that you would benifit from not learning the pf tek it is the most exspendive and takes the longest and yeilds the least.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineHengman
Small timeGrower
 User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: onetime]
    #5212365 - 01/22/06 10:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

dont go lookin for spores from mushies sold by a dealer. chances are that they're contames. def look into the PF tek and get a syringe. all u need to start off with is some jars, substrate, 1 syringe, incubator, and fruiting chamber.

any strain is fine really. aslong as they are cubensis. for a beginner, start out with the pf tek, unless u have a pc.

you have lots of learning to do.

--------------------

The beautiful Cambodian Psilocybin Cubensis.

Feel the colors. See the sound.

My Personal Setup

Offlineiggy4mayor
Stranger
Re: Growing Shrooms myself. Need some help from some growers! [Re: Hengman]
    #5214148 - 01/23/06 02:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Just bought my B+ syringe online. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival. =)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order