Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: dorkus]
    #5210093 - 01/22/06 12:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Fireworks said: Any off-topic post can bring up many new questions. We could use our own devices to turn any post in any of these forums into a philosophical and spiritual discussion if we wanted to. Does that mean we should let every random statement that, in itself, is not on-topic stay here because we could turn it on-topic?

I think a philosophical and spiritual topic needs to be presented in order for us to address it and for the thread to remain. Should I go into Cultivation, make a post about how I think trees are great, and expect them to deal with it?
:wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: Veritas]
    #5210094 - 01/22/06 12:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
:what:  Didn't the Christmas cookie thread result in a ban??

No.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: Icelander]
    #5210099 - 01/22/06 12:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, what you are doing is called trolling, I'm gonna have to kindly ask you guys to stop. If you don't want to contribute to this thread, don't come in it.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: Shroomism]
    #5210106 - 01/22/06 12:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
No, I'm just too lazy to move it. :wink:

Are you guys that concerned with this thread being here... seriously? Is it ruining your life? Maybe we should contribute to this thread instead of talking about what forum it should be in or how the moderators fail to function to your whims. I.E - derailing. The kid sees it as a philosophical question, he posted in what he thought was the most appropriate forum, so let's stop shitting on his thread. K?

Nice deflecting of the point. Moving it might have helped him to find a better way to navigate the forums.

You being too lazy to move it will most likely result in the extra work of you having to defend your position and his. :grin:

Of course we are not overly concerned about this post. Still I thought it belonged in the PUB. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: justAkid]
    #5210114 - 01/22/06 12:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It depends on your intention. The nature of any action depends on it's intention.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: Ped]
    #5210137 - 01/22/06 12:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You nailed it Ped.

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #5210994 - 01/22/06 04:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Your question brings up some interesting definitions of laziness.

Laziness of the mind: You knew you would have to spend less time thinking about work and being bored with menial tasks if you could make one single trip.

Your laziness of the mind overpowered your

Laziness of the body: In which it would be so physically tiring to carry all of the trays at once that you wouldn't do it and would make several trips.

But actually my favorite interpretation of this parable is that you were very motivated. You saw an opportunity to make the moment a little more interesting. You "thought outside the box" by carrying six trays at once, and I bet that trip was more exciting than if you had made three trips of two trays. So interesting in fact that you were reflecting about it at the end of the day, and created this post and look at all this lively discussion that has blossomed out of your simple decision to carry six trays and make the world a more interesting place.  :smile:
(and my ex-girlfriends always said I read into things too much  :wink: )

Oh and by the way I think this is a perfect thread for Philosophy! It's a parable, a simple story intended to bring up interesting points for consideration. Plato used 'em, the bible used 'em, and so does the Tao of Pooh.
So why can't the shroomery?

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflinejustAkid
Member of myCulture

Loc: The Present
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: Ped]
    #5212411 - 01/22/06 10:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ped:

It depends on your intention. The nature of any action depends on it's intention.

But I had two intentions here... I think. One was to save time(which seems like a motivated intention) and the other was to avoid two trips(which seems like a lazy intention)IMO.

--------------------
Trust thyself.

OfflinejustAkid
Member of myCulture

Loc: The Present
Re: Am I lazy or motivated? [Re: gluke bastid]
    #5212447 - 01/22/06 11:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Your question brings up some interesting definitions of laziness.

Laziness of the mind: You knew you would have to spend less time thinking about work and being bored with menial tasks if you could make one single trip.

Your laziness of the mind overpowered your

Laziness of the body: In which it would be so physically tiring to carry all of the trays at once that you wouldn't do it and would make several trips.

Or was I motivated to save time for "more productive activities" by exerting more force?

Quote:

But actually my favorite interpretation of this parable is that you were very motivated. You saw an opportunity to make the moment a little more interesting. You "thought outside the box" by carrying six trays at once, and I bet that trip was more exciting than if you had made three trips of two trays. So interesting in fact that you were reflecting about it at the end of the day, and created this post and look at all this lively discussion that has blossomed out of your simple decision to carry six trays and make the world a more interesting place.
(and my ex-girlfriends always said I read into things too much )

:justakid laughs alot: You don't know how right you are. Or maybe you do...

I mean fireworks god is trying to start a revolution against the mods with his Britney Spears thread as we speak, but too many people are taking his thread seriously.

Quote:

Oh and by the way I think this is a perfect thread for Philosophy! It's a parable, a simple story intended to bring up interesting points for consideration. Plato used 'em, the bible used 'em, and so does the Tao of Pooh.
So why can't the shroomery?

I think I saw MarktheGnostic was saying something about lesions in the Angular Gyrus in most people in another thread.

--------------------
Trust thyself.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #5212718 - 01/23/06 12:42 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

>> But I had two intentions here... I think. One was to save time(which seems like a motivated intention) and the other was to avoid two trips(which seems like a lazy intention)IMO.

It's possible to have mixed intentions. It's also possible that your intention was to save time by condensing two trips in to one.

Which intention was forefront in your mind? If you can't tell, then your intention was mixed. Perhaps behind a motivated intention was a lazy one. Perhaps behind a lazy intention was a motivated one. Either way, these intentions are competing in your consciouness, and the one which wins out will depend on the intention you generate now.

Don't get all tied up in knots about this!

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck