Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Simisu]
    #5213886 - 01/23/06 12:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I quit smoking because of the insecurity and anxiety as well, however I find when Im at the peak of a shroom trip, if I take a *small* puff of weed it launches me into a new level of consciousness. As of late though I have been clean from everything.

GodsEntelechy I have recently had a breakthrough in my spiritual practice as well. I have been studying Buddhism for a few years now but just recently I experienced a moment of Satori, or brief, sudden enlightenment, and have managed to maintain that state off and on ever since. It seems the more I practice now the longer the periods of enlightenment last.

As you said, it's as if I have changed the way I see things, my perspective on the world and my self, but it is coming from the infinite being within myself and projecting outwards.
The resulting joy and freedom in my life has been indescribable.

Might I suggest a book that I have found very insightful and full of wisdom and truth?
It's called "The power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. He is most definitely an enlightened soul and explains the essence of all world religions and enlightenment in very direct and simple terms. He helps to simplify the state of enlightenment that the Buddhist masters have taught for thousands of years, and makes it available to everyone.
Every single one of us has a Buddha within us, but like dust on a jewel it's covered up with so much worldly thought that we cannot see nor find it.

peace  :heart:

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: SoulSurfer]
    #5214223 - 01/23/06 02:37 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hey that is crazy that you mention that SoulSurfer! I have all of Echart Tolle books including audiobooks and interviews.

After what happened to me (my state of enlightment which lasted roughly 3 weeks and even alowed me to see auras. I was enlightened, yet dumbfounded, it was too much too fast). Anyways it was after reading his book, "Even The Sun Will Die" and another book by Maurice Bucke called "Cosmic Consciousness" that i began to understand what had happened to me. (I had contemplated all sorts of things, even considered the idea that i was abducted and enlightened. haha)

Echart Tolle in the book starts explaining how this "christ consciousness/cosmic consciousness/enlightment (whatever you want to call it) can arise powerfully from very extreme levels of depressions and anxiety.

I was taking this stupid pill called "hydroxicut" which i think is the reason my anxiety began. One day i was in the car with a friend while he was dropping me off at 2-3 am. That day we were drinking with a few chicks and the weirdest experience i ever had happened. I just started crying histerically out of no where ( I never cry, or never did back then at least). Well anyways, while he was dropping me off we went to go grab some Taco Bell cause we were hungry. I was still a bit touchy from the whole crying experience, i was trying to figure out what the hell was that all about. Anyways, we were eating and smoking a joint in my front porch when all of a sudden, my legs felt like they were cramping and tightening. All of a sudden i started having trouble breathing. I started saying to my friend in a a nervous mumbled voice to help me. Then, my hands, my legs, my whole body felt as if it was cramping. It felt like what i thought was a sezure. If you have ever seen someone having a sezure than you know what i mean, when your whole body cramps INward. I actualy thought i was going to die. My friend held my hand and started calming me down untill it went away.

Anyways, for the next week or two i began having similar attacks but not nearly as strong, but very bad anxiety and depression that would strike randomly. I was having complete nervous breakdowns. Im talking about watching tv one minute, and the next having a nervous breakdown so severe that i would have to lock myself in the bathroom to hide form everyone. I would cry and contimplate suicide. It was so powerful that i at times really, really, really thought i was losing my mind.

But to make a long story short, it was a few days later, (i dont know at what point, if it was from one minute to the next or one night to the next) when i had the experience of a life time.

I have been able to induce similar states through meditation, but never nearly even 1/4 the stregth of the one that sparked everything. It was very powerful, three whole weeks in that state. When it started coming down, it was not an instaneous thing. It just kinda slowly started fading away.

The few months after the experience i was struggling with the fact that it might have gone away forever and i might have lost it. But a few months later i had a 1-2 minute connection with this infinite source that helped me undersrtand i was always connected to it and it existed within me, i just had to work from within through the years to bring it out.

Anyways im more than glad to share this "personal" information. It might help somne other people going through the same thing.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Edited by GodsEntelechy (01/23/06 02:46 PM)

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Akira]
    #5214461 - 01/23/06 04:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

amen  :thumbup:

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5216752 - 01/24/06 05:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

that's great GodsEntelechy, I totally understand how a stronger spiritual connection can come from a difficult event in your life. I think that it's when we are suffering the most that we "give up" and look towards a higher power for strength and guidance.

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: SoulSurfer]
    #5216960 - 01/24/06 08:35 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I find the paranoia / eye-contact weirdness happened when I was younger too. Many people I've smoked with on social occasions are still the same way, I think they forget that they are intoxicating themselves but can't seem to let go and just relax. I really don't like smoking with people like this because it tends to make the entire group feel uncomfortable.

I've only recently become much better at making good eye contact with people without giving off strange messages, probably thanks to a Public Speaking class I took. Perhaps the same would work for you? I think most of you guys are right in that it's not so much the pot creating the effect but rather the pot just shining light on something you might want to work on. The key word is work, it probably won't go away entirely without confronting it and finding the root of the paranoia. Perhaps its your friends (thuggish atmosphere) I personally can't stand being around thugs for the mere fact that its as if they thrive in shady/sketchy scenarios, like they enjoy making people paranoid or something, probably to do with self-esteem and wanting to feel in control.

i dunno tho ;p if ur gettin really really paranoid, just stop smokin

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: kake]
    #5219327 - 01/24/06 07:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i feel like pot has all different kinds of highs depending on how your chakras are configured.

theres the root high where you get all these crazy thought associations that are piling up out of nowhere and can perhaps be very delusional (dunno if i even want to share my "delusions" lol.... thinking musicians write their songs for ME, or to enlighten other people, etc)

there's the navelish high which can cause a hell of a lot of anxiety. there's the psychedelic high where you see some patterns and whatnot, which most people don't get, which i do, probably from third eye stimulation.

there's just a lot of different "highs" you can feel if you know how to focus on different chakras in the body while stoned....... but I think excessive consumption leads to energy problems, for me depletes the navel perhaps, which is where anxiety goes because you have this gaping void in the center of your body.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: kake]
    #5219784 - 01/24/06 09:50 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
I find the paranoia / eye-contact weirdness happened when I was younger too.  Many people I've smoked with on social occasions are still the same way, I think they forget that they are intoxicating themselves but can't seem to let go and just relax.  I really don't like smoking with people like this because it tends to make the entire group feel uncomfortable. 

I've only recently become much better at making good eye contact with people without giving off strange messages, probably thanks to a Public Speaking class I took.  Perhaps the same would work for you?  I think most of you guys are right in that it's not so much the pot creating the effect but rather the pot just shining light on something you might want to work on.  The key word is work, it probably won't go away entirely without confronting it and finding the root of the paranoia.  Perhaps its your friends (thuggish atmosphere)  I personally can't stand being around thugs for the mere fact that its as if they thrive in shady/sketchy scenarios, like they enjoy making people paranoid or something, probably to do with self-esteem and wanting to feel in control.

i dunno tho ;p  if ur gettin really really paranoid, just stop smokin

LOL. I think i forgot to mention i dont get this way anymore. I was looking back into my past and comparing with other peoples experiences. Now, i smoke several times a day everyday for every occasion. :wink: It's like my best friend. Yup me and MJ are soul mates now.

And i also dont hang around with "thugs" anymore. Can't stand the negative gangster rap, hard core, nigga-dawg slang obsessed, life is all about pussy and the world is ruled by fear and dominance mentality. By fear and dominance mentality i am refering to the mentality that promotes non-violence as a form of fear and thus making it a weakness.

Edited by GodsEntelechy (01/24/06 09:57 PM)

Offlinelwo
Stranger
Loc: redland USA
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: XUL]
    #5219793 - 01/24/06 09:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

When I smoke it can be productive or it can be negative. Which is anything unproductive. Even good thoughts are very productive, which is a key starting factor to smoking without tolerance. But when you get into daily smoking the profoundness goes away, but it can help you in other ways. In all ways. IF you put your mind and body to do something with clear intentions when stoned, it will work. But it's easy to get distracted. When in the zone you just need to focus. Cheers for weed. :bigweed:

--------------------
Weed Love When the cherry is bomb, get it on.

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Learyfan]
    #11370466 - 11/02/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Yeah, that's exactly what happened with me.  I used to smoke 24/7, but I don't like to smoke around anyone else now unless I'm on speed or E or something like that.  No matter how much I realize that my paranoia is unfounded, I can't stop it.  I wouldn't dream of going into a social situation high on just weed now a days.  I feel naked.

Tell me more about your life-changing LSD experience, though.  I'm curious.

Goddamn speed is almost the same thing as crack dude. Whats wrong with you? Aren't shrooms and weed powerful ENOUGH?:rolleyes:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: i like cow poo]
    #11370569 - 11/02/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yo nigga, crack is wack!

Nice bump there, bud.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Akira]
    #11370655 - 11/02/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To confess, when I first started smoking at 16, I couldn't control it. Most of the time I'd laugh hysterically, and people took advantage of me, someone once pretended to choke me to death, I got smacked and stomped on my head, and I once had a coke bottle stuck up my butt while I was passed out on the floor tripping nuts off the weed.

Those kind of experiences definitely contributed to my reluctance to smoke in social circles. Time has healed most but the preference still remains with solo smoke outs. I use it mainly for creativity boosts, meditation, psychological work, and mere enjoyment. The insecurity arises sometimes but can be replaced with self-empowering practices.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #11370727 - 11/02/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

i like cow poo said:
Goddamn speed is almost the same thing as crack dude. Whats wrong with you? Aren't shrooms and weed powerful ENOUGH?:rolleyes:

Crack is nowhere near the same thing as speed. They got different mechanisms of action (cocaine is a neurotransmitter reuptake inhibitor, once the dopamine gets released naturally into the synapse, the cocaine keeps it there; speed is a direct agonist that dumps dopamine into the synapse). The timeline of the effects are different (speed lasts hours, crack lasts minutes). They have different chemical structures (cocaine is a complex tropane, speed is a simple amphetamine).

And furthermore, it wouldn't hurt to examine the premise of your criticism:

Quote:

Aren't shrooms and weed powerful ENOUGH?

This is a very strange angle to take. 

First, the effects of shrooms and weed are fundamentally different from the effects of amphetamine.  So right off you're comparing apples and oranges.  Say I'm behind on a deadline and need a burst of energy to get 'er done.  I could take a little speed and augment my productivity.  Or by your logic I could just eat a couple grams of cubes and smoke a few bowls, since, after all, "shrooms and weed are powerful enough".

The other thing that is awry about the comparison is the peculiar notion that there is an optimal degree of "power", and exceeding this optimal point is bad.  Say, for example, you have a pound of brick weed and a pound of some well-grown, well-cured heady nugs.  Since it's possible to get stoned off the brick weed, should I cast aside the dank nugs? After all, the dirt weed is powerful enough, right?  Am I missing something, or is there some formula for determining the optimal degree of power which should not be exceeded?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #11370742 - 11/02/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
I once had a coke bottle stuck up my butt while I was passed out on the floor tripping nuts off the weed.

:albundy:

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11370745 - 11/02/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'd say it's comparing apples to Bologna.  Apples and oranges are still fruits.

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
    #11370758 - 11/02/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'll add that bumping 3 year old threads is also powerful.

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #11370776 - 11/02/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I know. That's how hard pot used to hit me.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Self Insecurity & Pot [Re: Set]
    #11370787 - 11/02/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Set said:
I'll add that bumping 3 year old threads is also powerful.

Especially when the only point of bumping it is to spew some generic drivel about Drugs-are-bad-mmmkay-except-the-drugs-I-use-those-are-chill-aight? :bucktoothfattygangsta:

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #11370888 - 11/02/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm dissapointed this thread is so old but WOW this post is dead on for how I act/used to act when high. I grew up in a thuggish atmosphere as well and I usually smoked around thugs, and being a little white kid, that made me uncomfortable even without weed. But once I smoked I could barely talk, barely look anyone in the eyes and felt HORRIBLE. I eventually stopped smoking in public and haven't done it in a while.

The last times I was high with some friends, it was with the group that are antidrug and have never even smoked weed before. I played some softball with them and I was able for the most part to hang just fine. A little stumbling on words and feeling awkward at times but I was out playing softball rather than sitting in a chair diving deeper and deeper into my crazy paranoid thoughts.

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

#11441585 - 11/12/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

i like cow poo said:

Crack is nowhere near the same thing as speed. They got different mechanisms of action (cocaine is a neurotransmitter reuptake inhibitor, once the dopamine gets released naturally into the synapse, the cocaine keeps it there; speed is a direct agonist that dumps dopamine into the synapse). The timeline of the effects are different (speed lasts hours, crack lasts minutes). They have different chemical structures (cocaine is a complex tropane, speed is a simple amphetamine).

And furthermore, it wouldn't hurt to examine the premise of your criticism:

Quote:

Aren't shrooms and weed powerful ENOUGH?

This is a very strange angle to take. 

First, the effects of shrooms and weed are fundamentally different from the effects of amphetamine.  So right off you're comparing apples and oranges.  Say I'm behind on a deadline and need a burst of energy to get 'er done.  I could take a little speed and augment my productivity.  Or by your logic I could just eat a couple grams of cubes and smoke a few bowls, since, after all, "shrooms and weed are powerful enough".

The other thing that is awry about the comparison is the peculiar notion that there is an optimal degree of "power", and exceeding this optimal point is bad.  Say, for example, you have a pound of brick weed and a pound of some well-grown, well-cured heady nugs.  Since it's possible to get stoned off the brick weed, should I cast aside the dank nugs? After all, the dirt weed is powerful enough, right?  Am I missing something, or is there some formula for determining the optimal degree of power which should not be exceeded?

Man screw you take your synthetic piece of shit if you want. All I'm saying is who the hell needs speed when you have marijuana and shrooms?  weed has never caused any symptoms like this "Chronic, high-dose Speed (methamphetamine)abusers are susceptible to violent and erratic behavior, and a psychosis similar to schizophrenia. The neurotoxic effect of Speed (methamphetamine)causes damage to brain cells that contain dopamine and serotonin. Over time, reduced levels of dopamine can result in symptoms like those of Parkinson's disease, a severe movement disorder. "

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Self Insecurity & Pot *DELETED* [Re: Entropymancer]
    #11441752 - 11/12/09 03:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by i like cow poo

Reason for deletion: accidently posted the same thing twice. (newbie)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder