Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon Ayahuasca, Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds, Rye Grain, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
OfflineForkbender
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Jalruza]
    #5130545 - 01/02/06 08:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Took a gram and a half a about 2 hours ago. Time is dripping all over the place. I love you all so very much. Happy new year. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond buddha!!!!!!!!! It works like crazy.

Level 5++++++++++

--------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder

Edited by Forkbender (01/02/06 08:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Jalruza]
    #5132917 - 01/02/06 10:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:argh:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Fospher]
    #5132923 - 01/02/06 10:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Someone interrogate me on what I did wrong!

:mad: :wink:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Fospher]
    #5133307 - 01/03/06 12:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

5+ and on a computer? doubtful...

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: bobjones]
    #5134044 - 01/03/06 05:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

haahaha yeah, i dont think hes a level 5 or above if hes typing straight, i can beleive it worked to some extent though.

--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."

OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

Loc: Marmalade Sky
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: bobjones]
    #5136723 - 01/03/06 11:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bobjones said:
5+ and on a computer? doubtful...

My thoughts exactly

--------------------
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...GO GO GODZILLA!

You've begun to matter more than the things you say- JesusChristSuperstar

OfflineForkbender
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Blackhart]
    #5138440 - 01/04/06 02:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

mkay. You'll might be right. I guess I overstated. I was already coming down a little, though. I think it was a level 4 in retrospect, which is amazing all in itself for a gram and a half. There was no "I" for about an hour prior to the message I posted, there was no "I" who typed, but this ocean of mindfulness in which I was emerged still could move my body around with a lot of trouble. It took about 10 minutes to write the above two lines.
Anyways, here's the questionair:

- How experienced are you with psychedelics?: Been tripping for 3 years now, only for spiritual development. Shrooms 10x plus a bunch of one-timers: ayahuasca, morning glory, salvia and MDMA.
- Days since last trip on psychedelics: 2 weeks ago, MDMA. 6 weeks ago, Salvia. 8 weeks ago, morning glory..
- Black Currant Juice brand: Natufood 100% pure Black Currant Juice
- What reads the concentration on the label?: 100%
- Juice Quantity: 275 ml as prescribed. I diluted most of it with about 50 ml of water, because the first gulp hurt the back of my throat.
- Mushrooms species: Psilocybe Cubensis
- Mushrooms Quantity: 1.5 gr. dry
- Did you know the potency of the mushrooms beforehand? (Y/N): No, just bought them a week ago.
- Hours since last meal: 16 h.
- Did you put your mushrooms in a coffee grinder for a while until you got a fine powder? (Y/N): I don't have a grinder, cut the up real fine with a big knife.
- Did you soak the mushrooms in lemon/lime or BC juice as in STEP 5? (Y/N): Yes, for 10 minutes, squeezed 1 lemon and a half.
- Description of effects compared vs. no juice: Stronger, faster, deeper
- Description of effects compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: No experience with just lemon/lime
- Are you positively sure that there IS definitely an improvement in potency? (Y/N): Yes, level 4 with just a gram and a half.
- Estimated potency compared vs. no juice: -
- Estimated potency compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: -
- Estimated total potency: 5x (?)
- Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen"): 20 mins.
- Time to onset of visual disturbance: 30 mins.
- Time to peak (rough estimate): 1 hour (!)
- Time to first sign of diminishing effects: 5 hours
- Time to baseline (indiscernable effects): 8 hours
- Further comments you might want to add to your experience: It was really hard integrating the experience. Got a big headache the day after, because I forgot to drink for the first four hours (I was gone). It was my first trip all by myself, felt great. I talked a lot to myself though, sounded like upanishads to me. The love of seeing the interplay between being and becoming, seeing that it's all the same was pretty gorgeous. It was during the daytime, which anoyed me a bit, so next time I'll prefer the dark. Next time is gonna be a couple of months away. Had enough for a while.

--------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Forkbender]
    #5146001 - 01/06/06 09:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you Fospher and Forkbender for your reports. I have updated the reports section at the end of the first post. :thumbup::thumbup:

Offlinealienoid
retired
Female

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: infinitedot]
    #5172543 - 01/12/06 05:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I tried at a local place called "Wild Oats" and could only find the Jelly, no juice. :frown:

Offlineayjay101
Right here
 User Gallery

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: infinitedot]
    #5174450 - 01/12/06 11:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings all,

thanks for such an interesting thread!

Today I found a 50% blackcurrant juice syrup, namely Bickford's Blackcurrant Gold at a local supermarket. (Coles in Australia)

Not sure if it's available outside Oz, but Bickfords do have a website:

http://www.bickfords.net/bicknews

I will try this tonight and post results after the weekend...

InvisibleCub_Mycologist
MycologistApprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: ayjay101]
    #5183269 - 01/15/06 02:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If your city is big enough to have a wild oats I would say it has a Whole Foods Market, I went to both last night and found it at Whole Foods, the Looza brand. Wild oats kept telling me it was a supplement and it would be in natural living, and they kept asking me what i wanted to do with it, damn i hate that. same thing whenever i go buy a 25lb sack of bulk Rye. Anyway, back to the point, I think it worked well, I had 2 grams each of B+ grown on Rye and freaked out great, usually B+ doesn't do it for me like that. Of' course i had never tried the lemon juice thing either, so my opinion probably doesn't warrant a full fledged report.

--------------------
"I would never advocate Drugs, Alcohol, and Violence to anyone, but they sure worked for me."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
RIP
"Everything works, it just works better if youre not a jackass." Omnicracker

Offlineayjay101
Right here
 User Gallery

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Cub_Mycologist]
    #5184450 - 01/15/06 07:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I performed this experiment on Friday night:

23:00 The calculated amount of 550g of Bickford's Gold (50%) Blackcurrant juice syrup (undiluted) was ingested.

23:45 1.1g of potent Golden Teacher cubensis was soaked in the juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime with occasional stirring/shaking.

0:00 The lemon/lime/mush mix was consumed and 'Silent darkness' conditions were observed while awaiting the effects.

0:30 Typical increase of thoughts and intensity of imagination, feelings of being with company, internal sounds, music, conversations etc

0:50 Nausea building to the point of vomiting. The majority of the Blackcurrant juice syrup was expelled, and probably some of the mushroom.

0:55 Typical low to medium does effects: internal music, humourous characters and situations, carnival like atmosphere. Occasional glimpses of a deeper tryptamine visions, but able to control these myself before they become to overwhelming. Darkness was filled with light and colourful hallicination.

1:40 Experience subsides dramatically within 5 minutes. Body load remains, with stimulant like mental effects. Able to do normal activites till I become tired enough to sleep.

4:00 Sleep.

Comments: I was expecting a 5g experience from my 1.1g, ended up with about a 2.5g experience. Unfortunately, due to vomiting the syrup, this test is inconclusive whether anything greater than 2.5X is possible.
It was an ordeal to consume that much syrup and at the time it felt like a foolish thing to do. Pure fresh juice would be much better. I don't think I will do this again - if I want a deeper experience, I will take more mushrooms or even use Syrian Rue, which has not caused me any problems in the past, and felt rather nice too. However, I will try the lemon/lime thing again, as it may boost potency, but it also masks the taste reasonably well.

I also want to say that I've never felt the need to make mushrooms stronger than they already are, and believe it is unnecessary. Just wanted to contribute to this development, and see for myself.

Black Currant Juice brand: Bickford's Gold (50%)
Juice Quantity: 550g
Mushrooms species: Psilocybe Cubensis (Golden Teacher)
Mushrooms Quantity: 1.1 gr. dry
Did you know the potency of the mushrooms beforehand? (Y/N): Yes, good potency.
Hours since last meal: 9 h.
Description of effects compared vs. no juice: seemed to be deeper, for a shorter time
Description of effects compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: N/A
Are you positively sure that there IS definitely an improvement in potency? (Y/N): Yes. (even though vomiting probably made it weaker)
Estimated potency compared vs. no juice: 2X - 2.5X (but vomited!)
Estimated potency compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: N/A
Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen"): 50 mins.
Time to onset of visual disturbance: 60 mins.
Time to peak (rough estimate): 70 mins
Time to first sign of diminishing effects: 95 mins
Time to baseline (indiscernable effects): 4 hrs

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: ayjay101]
    #5199939 - 01/19/06 08:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

- Black Currant Juice brand: Ribena Concentrate 22%
- Juice Quantity: 500ml.
- Mushrooms species: Psilocybe Cubensis (B+)
- Mushrooms Quantity: 1.5 gr. dry
- Did you know the potency of the mushrooms beforehand? (Y/N): Yes, ate from the same crop twice before. Quite potent.
- Hours since last meal: 20 h.
- Description of effects compared vs. no juice: a tad bit stronger
- Description of effects compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: Stronger
- Are you positively sure that there IS definitely an improvement in potency? (Y/N): yes
- Estimated potency compared vs. no juice: 1.5X
- Estimated potency compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: 1.5X
- Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen"): right after drinking syrup (that shit is nasty).
- Time to onset of visual disturbance: 2 hours.
- Time to peak (rough estimate): 2 hours
- Time to first sign of diminishing effects: 4 hours
- Time to baseline (indiscernable effects): 7 hours

All I can say is it wasn't worth it. I'd rather have just waited till I had more shrooms on hand. The stomach full of syrup sucks. I did it 4 hours ago and didn't have much other than a head buzz that I still have. I'm still stick over the 20hr empty stomach full of this gunk... uhg. Eff this method.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5207430 - 01/21/06 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you ayjay101 and Edgekrusher for your reports. :thumbup:

Let me point Edgekrusher that it was already suggested in the first post that a 22% concentrated juice is not worth it. You would have needed 1250 ml to get the amount of pure juice needed. That's more than twice what you drank.

"- Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen"): right after drinking syrup (that shit is nasty)."

From that report I gather that you didn't wait for 1 hour after drinking the BC juice.

For a 22% concetrate juice:
(100/22)*275gr = 1250 gr. or 1.2 liters.

For a 50% concentrate juice:
(100/50)*275gr = 550 gr.

From now on, I will update the first post just with the reports that follow the suggested procedure.

Edited by infinitedot (01/22/06 01:09 PM)

Invisibleshriek

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: infinitedot]
    #5213369 - 01/23/06 08:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the focus should have been blackcurrant as a maoi. lemons should have been left out

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: shriek]
    #5225090 - 01/26/06 09:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I wasn't really looking at it as an experiment solely concerning currants, but rather as a booster for my trip. That was MY "focus". (only had a small amount)

I waited an hour.

I realized 22% is below par, but I still can't see myself drinking half as much at 50%. It would have to have a suggested 1:10 currant/water ratio. Meaning: thicker syrup to gag on. Next time I feel like a stomach full of foul tasting syrup I'll hang with middleschoolers and down tussin.

So what have I learned? Fuck Black Currants... Passion Fruit is the way.

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5270904 - 02/06/06 09:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How much St. John's Wart would I have to take for it to be effect as an MAOI?

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #5271053 - 02/06/06 09:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

License_to_Chill said:
How much St. John's Wart would I have to take for it to be effect as an MAOI?

As far as I know, Stjohns wort only has MAOi like properties and is not classified as one though. I dont have time at the moment to check up on that, gotta get back to work. Some one correct me if I am wrong :sun:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Kerr]
    #5271065 - 02/06/06 09:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oooh, ok.  Well, I just happen to have some in my house.

But, tomorrow I'm going to search for some Black Currant.  I'm going to try the health food stores tomorrow. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

#5272993 - 02/07/06 01:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:
------

Black Currant Juice brand: 'Looza' Blackcurrant nectar
All natural ingredients, no preservatives
Sold in US
retailer: Michael's Organic Market
30% juice, Drank a liter each with 2 other trippers (833.3mL is the dose with 30%).

*the one in middle*

Well, I just happened to find this brand today, as well. Bought two of them. Found it in an organic food's store. Not a bad price. Just $2.

Should I drink the whole thing or just half?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon Ayahuasca, Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds, Rye Grain, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience