Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: A beautiful marriage of science and spirituality-Tae Kwon Do [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5199440 - 01/19/06 04:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sorry :frown: I'm just kind of down and out, lately.

I like your post... and I dont feel there is much for me to add. Other than to say, life is a dance.

But, TKD and other martial arts, is centered around combat; dont fool yourself there, in that aspect.

BTW, check out Aikido. That is the shining gem of martial arts and spirituality, in my opinion.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: A beautiful marriage of science and spirituality-Tae Kwon Do [Re: psyka]
    #5199532 - 01/19/06 04:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's cool, forget about it. :smile: :heart: I just figured, if you wanted to talk about serious ass kicking itself, we should switch to guns and bombs and it wouldn't fit in this forum.:lol:

Sorry you're feeling down and out lately. I know its not a fun place to be. :frown:

Aikido is the other one that caught my eye of interest. I relate to its philosophical approach and the physics involved are neat! If I added another teaching in up the road, that one would be the one.

I don't kid myself about the combat aspect of any of them. Hard to miss when your last lesson involved how to break another's thumb if they grab you by the wrist. Gross!:crazy: I think the other move taught just for freeing your arm was sufficient enough. I hope to never have to rely on any of this for self defense. If I was that concerned for my safety protection, I would just carry around a gun.

No doubt, the power and beauty of the moves represents a dance and it can be easy to romanticize. You're right, even in self defense, people get hurt. :frown: I like that the goal is to avoid violence if you can.

I hope you can pull yourself up and out of the dull drums soon.  Sending lots of sunshine your way :heart: :sun: :heart: :sun: :heart: :sun: :heart: :sun: :heart::sun::hug:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinekarmarox
Stranger
Re: A beautiful marriage of science and spirituality-Tae Kwon Do [Re: psyka]
    #10019703 - 03/22/09 01:06 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

I myself am an avid martial artist. Mythically when the martial arts where first developed in the mountains of China, they had one purpose to strengthen the bodies of the monks who's bodies had withered away after years of religious working and enlightening of the mind. The martial arts were a form of exercise meant to strengthen the body, because of the union of mind body and soul, one can only prosper if the others are strong. Much later the martial arts were adapted to fighting when the Chinese conquered the monks and the monks rebelled. The fighting style gained experience and was battle tested. Those who survived spread their knowledge, but only to those deemed worthy of the knowledge. Thus before the greatest knowledge of the martial arts was passed on, one must prove themself with strength on mind body and soul. Though this does not specifically relate to religion it was based from religion. As the martial arts spread they were adapted, but always retained their basis, until they were spread so far they became sporting events, used in movies, and based on fast progression, and advertising your skill and rank with belts. This is not true martial arts. You will not find a martial artist who runs a sporting school who could possibly stand against a true martial artist from centuries ago. I had a black stripe in Tae Kwon Do, a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jutsu, and basic knowledge of Judo, Ju Jitsu, Karate, Muay Thai, Wushu, Wing Tzun, Pencak Silat, Krav Maga, Sambo, Aikido, and Boxing. After training for eight years I thought I was the shit. My Tae Kwon Do Master kept introducing me to all these different styles. Then he decided that I would benefit from going to Korea for my blackbelt test under a true Grand Master. It was there I realized I did not know half what I thought I knew, and failed my first attempt at a blackbelt miserably. I was in pain for weeks, but that did not stop Un Yong Kim from running me twelve hours a day with help from his black belts. On top of that he made it necessary for me to meditate for hours, run through rough terrain for hours, and study books (which were translated). The books told many stories of great martial artists, and the fighting style of "fighting with your head". Avoid conflict through quick thinking, and outsmarting your opponent. It is not necessary to defeat someone with force, when you can defeat them with your mind. To non-martial artists this may or may not make sense, but if my Master had of taught me this back in Canada I would not have been in the position I was. Un Yong Kim further emphasized schooling as a way to succeed in the martial arts. Even though I already had a University degree in Electrical Engineering, I began teaching myself with books and the internet, that is what brought me here. I received my black belt after only four months of training in Korea, and returned with a whole new outlook on life. Though it is frowned upon by the Masters, I decided to expand my mind through drug usage. I now find amazing miracles in the smallest things, and life itself. I stopped going to the sporting gym i used to go to, and instead train myself at my house using the techniques taught to me by Un Yong Kim. I am now in my opinion a much better person, and in balance of mind body and spirit thanks to martial arts. Though I am not religious I found the perfect balance of spirituality and science, and that is that miracles exist in everything, everyday things which are overlooked are spiritual, and scientific. I will end the novel of my life story with that thought.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: A beautiful marriage of science and spirituality-Tae Kwon Do [Re: karmarox]
    #10020029 - 03/22/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Back off dude.  :brucelee:  I studied Marital Arts and came out on top.:doggystyle:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

Re: A beautiful marriage of science and spirituality-Tae Kwon Do [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #10020853 - 03/22/09 04:17 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Dont mean to fire up any aggression here..
And i know its kinda off topic..
But i saw somebody mentiona Muay Thai ..
So i thought i might share this if you havent already seen it.

K1 - Remy Bonyaski aka The Flying Gentleman

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: A beautiful marriage of science and spirituality-Tae Kwon Do [Re: jivJaN]
    #10021166 - 03/22/09 05:00 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Where's the flying? Sources?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder